It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: tigertatzen

Why don't people with something more than a pair of eyes to look at the sky with see what you see?

I wish I knew. If I did, I would feel a lot better about this. That has been one of the most frustrating things about the whole thing for me.

Back when this all first started, I was having a lot of physical symptoms too. The buzzing in my ear and dizziness were alarming to me so I decided to get checked out.

Blood tests, head CT, eye exams...nothing was abnormal. I'm a lupus patient so my doctor knows my baseline very well. Nothing had changed. There is no physiological cause for anything I am experiencing. So I started looking elsewhere for answers.

All I know is that I'm really seeing what I say I'm seeing. I don't know why, but I won't stop trying to find out. This has affected my life profoundly. My entire world view has done a complete 180. I used to be very dismissive of people who spoke of things such as this. Rudely so, in fact. Until it became my reality.

I have not really said anything at length about the behavior of some of the skeptics on this thread, but I feel the need to address it after reading some of the arguments here over the past couple days. This isn't directed at anyone in particular, just my thoughts in general as they relate to the things being discussed in this thread.

So many people have said this already but until you actually experience this yourself, you can never fully understand what it feels like. It's not that we think we're some special class of people. I didn't ask for this, nor do I want it. If I could make it stop I would.

We're not trying to have some exclusive club here or start some new religion. Living with something like this, especially when you're aware that you can't talk about it without being ridiculed or ostracized, is a very lonely existence. It is not special at all.

All of us coming together like this and finding out that other people...MANY other people, in fact, are experiencing the same things is an indescribable relief. To finally be able to talk about this candidly, with other people who have been experiencing a similar private hell, is like being thrown a miraculous lifeline when you're struggling not to drown. And I feel pretty certain that the others experiencing this would agree with that assessment.

We don't need anyone to tell us that what we're describing is not consistent with what we know to be the laws that govern this world. We are already painfully aware of that. We are looking for the answers, and that's why we're here. We are not a bunch of uneducated fools making irrational assumptions, as so many are attempting to imply. Many of the posters here, including the OP, have spent years of their lives trying to find an explanation. We are real, intelligent, reasoning adults who are experiencing phenomena we cannot explain. We are not crazy, or imagining things, or just being paranoid.

Telling us that this is nothing, or we're making it up in our heads, or we're just remembering things wrong or being fooled by tricks of our own minds feels about as pleasant as being told when you're upset about something that matters very much to you that it's really no big deal and you should just calm down. It's condescending.

You're telling people that what they think and feel is insignificant and therefore, not worth anyone's time or attention; and by proxy, telling them that they are equally insignificant.

It puzzles me that people who insist so stubbornly that they do not believe that things like this are real seem to take an awfully keen interest in these threads. And not a passing interest either. They hang around. All of them vehemently deny any claims of condescension or mockery against them.

Yet they continue to harangue and bait and clog the thread with sardonic remarks. Either one of two things are the motivation for this. They are simply childish bullies with way too much time on their hands, or they are deliberately targeting threads like this in an attempt to derail them for some unknown purpose. Which is it? If you think it's all nonsense, then why stick around? Why not just leave all of us in peace? We're not a threat to anyone...we're all just imagining things, right?

Very well said, Tiger!

It's odd too how they imply that we are being elitist in some way, when in fact it is they who trample over us, as you lay out.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: babyfacebill
Long time lurker, breaking my comment cherry.

"Interview with A Vampire" which is now "Interview with THE Vampire" and

Lurker as well. Did not see this coming. I was 100% sure that it was "Interview with A Vampire".

Well, I am Greek, and searched for this online in Greek as well. Crazy think:

The translation of the movie in Greek is interview with A vampire (Συνέντευξη με Έναν βρυκόλακα).

But also, all the Greeks searching for subtitles online, write "interview with a vampire greek subs"

Ι am completely astounded

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Obviously my experiences are not something that can be proven definitively, but they were corroborated by other persons, and not just my own faulty memory. I shared as a way to encourage others to also share their experiences.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Waking up with a different spouse of a different gender would be attributable to a serious memory lapse (ed. or brain trauma).

Stroke, perhaps? Did I hit my head or something while I was asleep?

edit on 2-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

Unbelievable! I listened to an interview someone uploaded about him on YouTube not long ago, and his name was still spelled Dan Akroyd (for my reality at least) at that time! Now "Aykroyd??" What sense is there in even having a "Y" between the "A" and "K?" Why would there be a silent "Y," followed by a normal "Y?" Imagine how that would have been pronounced before it became silent: Ay-kro-yd. And this name originates from Yorkshire..?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gr8skott

well said

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Telemachos

Interesting.

I note that searching on your phrasing of the title in Greek (Google Search on Συνέντευξη με Έναν βρυκόλακα).

... brings up a number of pages that actually show both titles ... like for example ... This one.

If you ask Google to translate the page, the title captions show up with Interview With the Vampire and under that Interview with A Vampire ...

Not being familiar with modern Greek at all ... is the article implied or is it contained in the phrase?

I.e. could it be translated either way "a" or "the" into English from Greek?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

The same with me. I just figured that it somehow managed to escape my grasp. There are a great many words and terms in the English language, of course. However, shortly after hearing the term I came across it in an episode of "Seinfeld." I used to love that show and saw every episode multiple times. It thought it was weird that the term somehow missed my raider, but it's possible.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Waking up with a different spouse of a different gender would be attributable to a serious memory lapse (ed. or brain trauma).

Nope, you have no head trauma. CAT scan shows no anomalies. You also are cleared of any mental health issues. You're completely sane.

You go back home to Colin.
Are you thinking:
"Something's not right here"

Or are you thinking:
"Wow memory sure is a funny old thing isn't it"

Straight answer.
This is important

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

I really appreciate your openness and honesty, Ove

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

Nope, you have no head trauma. CAT scan shows no anomalies. You also are cleared of any mental health issues. You're completely sane.

Are you thinking:

Or are you thinking:

Straight answer.
This is important

You are begging the question to get the answer you want.

I offer you the third option which would be my response:

I would have myself committed if there were no organic evidence of brain injury, because I would be insane.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Are you thinking:

Or are you thinking:

Straight answer.
This is important

I offer you the third option which would be my response:

I would have myself committed if there were no organic evidence of brain injury, because I would be insane.

Thank you.
So you would be thinking something isn't right. This wouldn't be down to remembering things wrong.
Remember though, you've already been declared sane...

Extreme example compared to Bears names spelling, I know. Not so much to whole continents shifting though

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Just wanted to add that there is a very real phenomena going on and whether it's group think/fuzzy cognition or an actual quantum event (or something similar), it should be discussed .. .

well, I find it fascinating, anyway.

I just asked an academic I know who is as materialistic-logical as a human can be, and he noted dilemna is spelled with the odd "n" despite roots in grammar that would indicate otherwise... and he was floored by the "new" spelling.. .also, once introduced to the whole ME conversation, was also floored as he had noticed the Berenstein/ain "switch" around '89 and wrote it off as "not gonna touch that as it's crazy" but was sure of the "old" spelling due to specific memories.

So, nothing really proven, but more indications this could use some open minded examination.. . as in "let's pretend it's a 'real' occurrence" for seemingly stable people and see what happens.

And yeah, Herein Lies Madness is a real possibility, so ... careful.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Are you thinking:

Or are you thinking:

Straight answer.
This is important

And no I didn't want a specific answer.
I just knew the answer you didn't want to give...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kibric
imgur.com...

gota be fake right....?

paranormalstoriess.com...

Did you happen to notice the bizarre way the date was written in the statistic sidebar of the Wiki page? It was the very first thing I noticed.

My husband suggested that maybe in that universe, that was the format they used for major holidays each month rather than use the name of the month for that day. So they use the actual name of the holiday instead on that day.

Or maybe it's done in remembrance and they simply made it more prominent by not using the month in that particular date anymore. There is always the possibility that it's simply an error, but the rest of the page was quite detailed and exacting; it seems unlikely that they would have left such an obvious mistake like that in there. Very odd little detail.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Are you thinking:

Or are you thinking:

Straight answer.
This is important

And no I didn't want a specific answer.
I just knew the answer you didn't want to give...

Yes, quite plainly, you were trying to limit your questions to provoke an answer.

Did you get it? Good. What does it have to do with "The Mandela Effect"?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
the dilemma- dilemna thing is the weirdest for me so far. how can so many people have such an odd spelling error that doesnt make sense at all. i get it with stein and stain but the supposed unspoken n in dilemma just seems so wrong and illogical... it is indeed puzzling.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

this subject is odd to research

if only i had a quantum computer

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
δίλημμα

Dilemma in Greek.

Notice anything?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: TombEscaper
No, I have never seen that logo before. It's not due to a faulty memory.

You may be confused because on older VWs the logo was stanced out of one sheet of metal, and that was subsequently chrome-plated. It's very hard to see the line then, it more or less became a dent. And yes, there are images in which the line is missing, for example this one:

.. or this one:

So, it makes perfect sense to me that many people think that the separating line was never there.

I'm glad Fate brought me briefly to this thread. On this one subject, I can add something.

I saw something in a psychometry incident that was very odd. My husband figured out that what I was seeing might be a car. He thought that I saw a type of symbol. So we went driving through parking lots to see if we could find what I saw. And he was right. I was seeing the Logo of an old Pontiac only it was slightly different. And I knew what I saw. It wasn't approximate. It was clear. So we went to the Pontiac dealer and asked about the logos and he pulled out a book and showed us that they made slight variations over the years.

What was frustrating was that the logo I saw did not seem to be anywhere in his catalogues. But not to be deterred, the next day we drove to the town in question. We had never been there before. Suddenly I went into auto-pilot and told him where to turn next and next and next, and then said STOP and there was the car, with every single mark on it that I had described.

Sorry, got carried away. The point is that these logos do change over time.

Fascinating. I never heard of this stuff. I've lived it, but didn't know others had. I just thought it was me.

CF
edit on 2-5-2016 by ClownFish because: typo

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join