It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Thanks for the link.

There are many examples in print of a common mistake.

I don't find that surprising at all.

I'll take the word of the son of Michael Berenstain, son of the authors of the books in question: Do n’t be ridiculous, it was always spelled Berenstain Bears, says son of series creators

Also, the history of the Berenstain name: Ancestry.com

Lot's of people have made the same mistake. It's common.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Again, you are using peoples misspellings to support your case. He spells it wrong on his site, even though the linked work shows Berenstain. We have proven unequivocally in the Berenstain thread that SPELL CHECK corrects Berenstain to Berenstein and Bernstein depending on the editor.

You guys don't make yourselves look believable or intelligent when using these types of things to support the Mandela Effect. It's almost like you are trolling.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

edit on 2-5-2016 by kibric because: irrelevant

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

edit on 2-5-2016 by jacygirl because: Apologies, OP

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Again, you are using peoples misspellings to support your case. He spells it wrong on his site, even though the linked work shows Berenstain. We have proven unequivocally in the Berenstain thread that SPELL CHECK corrects Berenstain to Berenstein and Bernstein depending on the editor.

You guys don't make yourselves look believable or intelligent when using these types of things to support the Mandela Effect. It's almost like you are trolling.

I was waiting for you to show up.

Whatever.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Google of BerenstAin Bears Book Covers in Spanish

Yep, all Berenstain ...

BerenstAin Bears in French

Still BerenstAin ...

BerenstAin Bears in Chinese ...

Should I add the thousands of photographs that show "BerenstAin"?

edit on 2-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Thanks for yet another long commentary about what you think about me.

Now it's my turn. You just said this to a man with a brain tumour...good God...
"I enjoy your posts. If you aren't here, I will miss you."

Then realized how completely narcissistic that sounded, and freaking wrote out a huge page of Tennyson...?

You managed to make your fake sympathy reply a half page of you.
I get it now.

Too bad you don't go back and read every damn post I made in that above thread 2 YEARS AGO!
I was much more succinct and far less worn out REPEATING myself for 2 years.

You want to know what I think about all this? It's all here, on this site.

Over and out.
jacygirl

How dare you?

What a clear indication of how low you will go.

Thanks for clearly demonstrating the quality of your character.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE
You can't convince them outright that it's faulty memory, and I'm not saying you're wrong. It's just that they don't owe anyone here their beliefs. They don't owe you or me an explanation. They have their own thought processes that they have to go through. Allow them that so you don't get frustrated. I'm sure they have heard you. You're theory is bookmarked until further notice.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything ... that is a fool's game.

I am stating what I know to be true in terms that are reasonable and logical. Unless asked, I've tried not to correspond with what anyone else has said. It is my belief that scientific methods of understanding the world are the most reasonable and rational. I did not arrive at that understanding overnight, and I've spent my time deeper in just about any alternative belief system than most ... so, in a manner of speaking, this is not my first rodeo with these kinds of topics.

Thanks for your advice, but, I'm a member here, and a part of the discussion ... despite the empty accusations I haven't been rude or acted without decorum with any member here.

I just feel like the normal explanation for these "events" deserves at least as much time as the fantastic ones, for several reasons, ONE OF WHICH is that if there is "something going on" we won't discover it by "going with our feelings."

Thanks.

May I pose you a question? I'd be very interested in your answer to this.

Say this is the tip of the iceberg like the title of this thread suggests and these changes gather pace in number and less subtlety over time, at what point would you stop and think "hold up, something's definitely not right here"?

Now I don't know your situation but let's say for arguments sake in reality you've been happily married a number of years, to a beautiful wife.

What if one day you suddenly notice that you're married to a man called Colin? It's strange because you have a clear memory of having a beautiful wife. You remember her in the wedding photos. You check them but they're all of you and Colin. How odd.
You ask family and friends about it but they all tell you that you've never had a beautiful wife, you've always been married to Colin. It's the same as it ever was.
What makes matters worse is Colin's favourite song is Once in a Lifetime by Talking Heads and he plays it constantly, reminding you of your beautiful wife that seemingly never was.

Now would that be enough to make you think that something ain't right or would it still be most logical and rational to put it down to bad memory?
Would it take something less extreme than that?
Maybe something more extreme?

Seriously interested in your thoughts on this.

Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
And you may find yourself in another part of the world
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful
wife
And you may ask yourself-Well...How did I get here?

Letting the days go by/let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by/water flowing underground
Into the blue again/after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime/water flowing underground.

And you may ask yourself
How do I work this?
And you may ask yourself
Where is that large automobile?
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful house!
This is not my beautiful wife!

Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
Carry the water at the bottom of the ocean
Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean!

Into the blue again/in the silent water
Under the rocks and stones/there is water underground.

And you may ask yourself
What is that beautiful house?
And you may ask yourself
Where does that highway go?
And you may ask yourself
Am I right?...Am I wrong?
MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?

Into the blue again/in the silent water
Under the rocks and stones/there is water underground.

Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
no no no not this again

this all decends when we start attacking each others character

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Do you have any evidence of anyone married to a woman for years who woke up married to a man named Colin?

Or any similar evidence of anyone anywhere having such an extreme documented "Mandela Effect" in their life, as I realize fully that's a fabricated example for a point you're trying to emphasize?

If you do, please make me aware of it.

Other than that, you're providing an example that has very little to do, in my mind, with our topic here.

The Mandela Effect is based on human reactions to failed memories and misperceptions. Book titles. Songs.

I'd be glad to look at something that cannot be explained rationally in those terms.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Lerina Garcia Gordo

very quick search is kind of similar

www.ghosttheory.com...
edit on 2-5-2016 by kibric because: no reason

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I probably should not respond to you again, but I feel the need to point out that your points are all groundless. People who have experienced the Mandela Effect are not some religion or cult. We are trying to have a discussion about it and make sense of it, thrown on the defensive by you rewording the same critical point over and over. You know full well that "troll" is not a personal insult and is being used to describe your trollish behaviour on this forum, so that you know that we see what you are doing. I truly, hand to God, do not care about who you really are or what you really want. I am just pointing out that I have your number as well, and you know that.

There are no beliefs linked to the Mandela Effect yet, as you well know. We are still trying to make sense of it, during which you are trolling, throwing people on the defensive, as you know you are.

No, not every single one of these "anomalies" can be "explained in non-fantastic terms is so troubling" to my belief "my belief structure." This is partly because there is no "belief structure" to those of us who have experienced the Mandela Effect and are trying to discuss it, while being continually thrown off by you. If you can explain away why so many people are having the same exact alternate memories, rather than differing ones, be my guest.

Yes, trolls have the same freedoms as honest contributors, just as jerks have the same legal protections in society as good, honest, law-abiding people have.

Your attitude of continually attacking people for discussing their experiences by making them seem fearful to continually answer your continually reworded point, to accuse them of being dishonest and insinuating that they are of some kind of cult or are developing a new cult of some kind, seems rather off topic to us. And your little
at the end is amusing. Real funny.

Are you capable of a real conversation at all? You just sit back and find ways to pick at people who have a real discussion, huh? All you have is BS, twisting words and annoying people? At what point in your life did you give up?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
no no no not this again

this all decends when we start attacking each others character

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

Lerina Garcia Gordo

very quick search is kind of similar

www.ghosttheory.com...

Fascinating story.

I'll look to see if it's anything other than a tale propagated through paranormal type message boards, or if I can find any other information to corroborate.

Still haven't found anything other than the usual "copy and paste' editions of the story on multiple paranormal-type websites.

That being said, I would guess that the lady is complete sincere in her beliefs, but of course, there's no reason to believe that she actually travelled universes.

Mundane explanations could be something like: Capgras Syndrome

Capgras Syndrome, also known as Capgras Delusion, is the irrational belief that a familiar person or place has been replaced with an exact duplicate — an imposter (Ellis, 2001, Hirstein, and Ramachandran, 1997). This is something that I see periodically in the population of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementia (ADRD) patients I work with as director of care for a home care agency. Named for Joseph Capgras, the French psychiatrist who first described it, this delusion also sometimes is seen in people who have schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, or where there has been some type of brain injury or disease. Regardless of its source, it is likely less rare than is typically believed by psychiatrists and psychologists (Dohn and Crews, 1986), and therefore deserves more public and professional awareness.

I realize that's not exactly similar to what the lady experienced but ... other possibilities that occur are a Temporal Lobe stroke.

I'd be interested in any other information you have ... unfortunately, this is not on topic specifically for "The Mandela Effect" ... unless OP wants to weigh in and perhaps give tacit permission.

Thanks for the citation though ... I do feel sorry for the lady.
edit on 2-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I am not the topic.

I have not personally attacked a single person in this forum.

The reverse is not true.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OveRcuRrEnteD
a reply to: schmae
It's bugging me too which is why I'm gonna stay right here on the fence...
Another thing that's bugging me are posters who don't seem to get that IF this is some sort of time manipulation then there is no amount of rationality that can explain it at this point in time. I think that is why some other posters get tired of hearing the same explanation and same question over and over. I happen to agree with the second group in this respect. I get it too: memory isn't perfect. But what if that isn't the answer? What i came to this thread for was alternatives to the simple explanation. When I have to read through multiple posts of someone trying to convince another of something they have already considered and discarded it not only gets tiresome but takes away from the flow of conversation and degrades the entire thread. sorry for going off topic but it was irking me

Exactly. ATS will remove certain posts for going off topics. I wish they had a system for removing obvious trolling or the repeating of a point that was already addressed and answered multiple times. It does far worse to a topic than a simple off-topic comment.
edit on 2-5-2016 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'm a Bernstein-Mcintyre. When I experience the Mandela effect in my personal life, it's usually related to colors. One time a good friend was selling his car, which he drove for years. He parked it in his front yard, less than a block from my house. I saw the car often before he decided to sell it, since he lived so close ad he also worked at my place of business. After a month or so of the car sitting in his front yard, he posted a picture of it on Facebook letting his friend's list know the car was for sale. When I saw the picture of the car, I was taken aback. It was blue, and I clearly recalled the car being maroon. I asked my spouse, who was sitting nearby (and who does not participate in Facebook) "Hey what color is that car our buddy has for sale?" Their response, "Burgundy, red like your old car". I didn't say anything, but instead we took a drive later by the car and I pointed it out. My spouse was as astonished as I was.

Thats only one example, but I've experienced it several times, generally with colors, and always confirmed by another party unprompted by me.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE

originally posted by: mirageman

Obviously the falliblity of human memory is the most likely scenario here.

But in order to drive the psycho social experiment on, some of the posters are obviously pushing the boundaries as far as they can to make other members believe there is something odd going on and that time lines really are being changed. Until they accept it cannot be denied.

The problem is that those who believe time lines are being changed do not know actually know who is pushing them to believe this. It could be the ones encouraging others to ignore those with a rational explanation (or even taking them on directly in an effort to silence them). Or it could be a more subtle effect.

Others are simply here to have a bit of fun. Whilst those who just observe are the ones who will gain the most.

I see your point.

Do you think standing up for basic logic is helping or hindering the situation?

Not to crash in on your convo but the way I see and handle theories and opinions is like this:

I've heard the matrix simulation theory... Check.
I've heard the time travel theory... Check.
Now I'm hearing the faulty memory theory... Check.
Anything else?

So you see. I'm still in the process of collecting theories and opinions out there, however mundane, obvious or wild they may seem. If all the cards have been laid out, then that will be the only time I will make my decision on the matter. But still I do my own little fact checking on the side at the same time.

Maybe it's the same for others. You can't convince them outright that it's faulty memory, and I'm not saying you're wrong. It's just that they don't owe anyone here their beliefs. They don't owe you or me an explanation. They have their own thought processes that they have to go through. Allow them that so you don't get frustrated. I'm sure they have heard you. You're theory is bookmarked until further notice.

You said that perfectly. Thank you. I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't come here looking for a fight. I'm looking for answers. And I also am collecting the different theories and examining all of them.

I don't have a problem considering a mundane explanation. I just have a problem with anyone thinking its OK to tell me that it's not just the right explanation, but that it's the ONLY explanation.

I didn't join this discussion for someone to repeatedly browbeat me with what I already know. I joined so I could learn what the things I already know are not showing me. No one seeks answers if they have no reason to question in the first place.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Ruiner1978

Do you have any evidence of anyone married to a woman for years who woke up married to a man named Colin?

Or any similar evidence of anyone anywhere having such an extreme documented "Mandela Effect" in their life, as I realize fully that's a fabricated example for a point you're trying to emphasize?

If you do, please make me aware of it.

Other than that, you're providing an example that has very little to do, in my mind, with our topic here.

The Mandela Effect is based on human reactions to failed memories and misperceptions. Book titles. Songs.

I'd be glad to look at something that cannot be explained rationally in those terms.

It's a simple question that has a lot to do with what we're talking about I think.
In that situation would you think something weird was happening or would you put it down to faulty memory?

I'm curious.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gr8skott
And?

My best friend swears up and down that my car is Isotope Green. Every time he talks about it with anybody.

It has never been Isotope Green. It has never even been a shade of green!

Now, should I trust his word, since he absolutely believes it? Or, should I trust the hands that painted it (mine)?

It is interesting that he tells everybody my car is the colour he wants on the same car...

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join