It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Now that you mention it, there actually are some easily noticeable disinfo tactics on display here ... the constant implication that only a certain group of people is special in some way, that they have experienced something the rest of us have not, and that somehow this "in group" is privy to a greater understanding of the issue at hand than us normal, mundane mortals.

Yet, in reality, it's the same few examples that keep getting used: The Bears, Reba McEntire, Depend(s), etc. all perfectly explainable and verifiable ... so that's not what they want to look at ... which is only the ineffable, the unknowable ... the Mysterious.

You're right, once you see it, it's incredibly clear.

The premise is simple; pretend for a second that timelines are shifting. If you "slid" from one timeline to another but retained your knowledge of the previous timeline, nothing physical in this new timeline could prove the other time line false. The Berenstein Bears books reading as Berenstain Bears wouldn't be proof at all, because in this new timeline, they would have always been Berenstain -- while in the other timeline they would have always been Berenstein.

If you were of the timeline in which it was Ein instead of Ain it's absolutely UNexplainable -- do you understand?

So naturally anybody who has this experience will not except explanation or proof, because if it's actually true, it's actually not proof at all.

With that said -- hell yeah it was always Berenstein Bears -- this Berenstain non-sense blew my mind. Berenstein is a jewish surname, Berenstain isn't. Just like Drain-O was always DRAIN-O and not Drano. Like wtf is a dran? We all know what a Drain is, but a Dran?

These "mandella effect" names don't even make sense, that should be proof enough. Reba was always McIntyre -- I seen her name so much growing up -- she was the star of the Reba sitcom -- it was never Entire. These aren't memory faults -- as if they were memory faults, everyone would remember the faults differently. Mass hallucination is not a thing, just like mass Confabulation isn't a thing either. Confabulation exists, Hallucinations exist, but they are unique, two people can't have the same hallucination at once, just like two people won't have the same confabulation.

You explanation is Mass Confabulation, so the question is -- do you believe in Mass Hallucination too?

link   

Now that you mention it, there actually are some easily noticeable disinfo tactics on display here ... the constant implication that only a certain group of people is special in some way, that they have experienced something the rest of us have not, and that somehow this "in group" is privy to a greater understanding of the issue at hand than us normal, mundane mortals.

Yet, in reality, it's the same few examples that keep getting used: The Bears, Reba McEntire, Depend(s), etc. all perfectly explainable and verifiable ... so that's not what they want to look at ... which is only the ineffable, the unknowable ... the Mysterious.

The premise is simple; pretend for a second that timelines are shifting. If you "slid" from one timeline to another but retained your knowledge of the previous timeline, nothing physical in this new timeline could prove the other time line false. The Berenstein Bears books reading as Berenstain Bears wouldn't be proof at all, because in this new timeline, they would have always been Berenstain -- while in the other timeline they would have always been Berenstein.

If you were of the timeline in which it was Ein instead of Ain it's absolutely UNexplainable -- do you understand?

So naturally anybody who has this experience will not except explanation or proof, because if it's actually true, it's actually not proof at all.

With that said -- hell yeah it was always Berenstein Bears -- this Berenstain non-sense blew my mind. Berenstein is a jewish surname, Berenstain isn't. Just like Drain-O was always DRAIN-O and not Drano. Like wtf is a dran? We all know what a Drain is, but a Dran?

These "mandella effect" names don't even make sense, that should be proof enough. Reba was always McIntyre -- I seen her name so much growing up -- she was the star of the Reba sitcom -- it was never Entire. These aren't memory faults -- as if they were memory faults, everyone would remember the faults differently. Mass hallucination is not a thing, just like mass Confabulation isn't a thing either. Confabulation exists, Hallucinations exist, but they are unique, two people can't have the same hallucination at once, just like two people won't have the same confabulation.

You explanation is Mass Confabulation, so the question is -- do you believe in Mass Hallucination too?

link   

link   

link   
I only posted that once -- swear on my life, what happened to the delete button?
edit on 1-5-2016 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Mr. A(y)kroyd himself is HUGE into UFOs, the paranormal, and conspiracies in general. Will someone with a Twitter account ask him what's up? I bet he'd respond(assuming he has a twitter acc). If anyone knows for sure it's him.

Suppose he says it's always had the extra 'y'.

Then we come to this; is he in on it?!

P.S. I've been a Dan Aykroyd fan my whole life, and stared at VHS covers with his name in giant letters on them probably thousands of times. It has ALWAYS had two y's. I'm more than 100% sure if this, from memory.

Am I a shill? No. I encourage the thought patterns that inspire memes like this. But Lloyd H Christmas, there are bigger fish to fry out there guys. Wait till you're old, possibly developing Alzheimer's...everything you ever knew will have been Mandela'd by then.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
A little too much truth was getting through, I see.

Well done, well done all. Some may not see what has happened , but rest assured, I see perfectly well the orchestrated effort to throw this discussion off the rails. There are those of us who understand the tactics deployed here.

But this thread has accomplished its purpose for those that it was intended, actually beyond my expectations.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

What is your point? Of course he's "always been Dan Aykroyd" in the realm that we now live in.

So why do you present two articles from this timeline, in which it is spelled "Akroyd", as proof of ME?

Your logic doesn't add up and I would say it is proof that people simply tend to spell his name wrong.

Now hurry, post post post to get to the next page as quickly as possible! Mustn't let people see the first two posts on this one.

Get over yourself.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Who's experiment is this, anyway?

This is quite the dilemna!

I never thought I'd be gaslighted by the internet and spellcheck!

eta: my neurons/formerly specific memories tell me that "dilemma" was spelled with an N... firm memory of sounding out the "n" to remember the odd spelling... and yeah, thought it was Akroyd .. .though far less sure than "dilemna" ...

oh well, gonna drink to catch up with reality now, which is obviously reeling drunk.

Somebody mentioned dilemna earlier but I pretty much ignored it from my comfortable perch on the fence. Your post jogged something loose because I remember sounding out the n in dilemma too...more than once. what the heck? It even looks strange when I type it "correctly". Not sure what to think about that.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising

P.S. I've been a Dan Aykroyd fan my whole life, and stared at VHS covers with his name in giant letters on them probably thousands of times. It has ALWAYS had two y's. I'm more than 100% sure if this, from memory.

Only thousands? You should get back at it. You could go for millions. Then you can be REALLY sure.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

A little too much truth was getting through, I see.

Like the false accusation you just made? You still want to maintain that I changed something, or do you know that you are full of it and not man enough to rectify it?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD

Well, thank the information lords screwing with us that I'm not the only one...

are we, as suggested, discovering a new psychological aspect of cognition, or the very old one of suggestibility? Or is reality really fluxing? I know multiple realities are established theory, but never thought someone could be in two or more at once... despite hearing accounts of such from people I trust, as it's ludicrous.

I'm quite aware of the foibles of human cognition, but lordy, I am rocked by a couple of these ...er... whatever the heck they are. Should have a better name because I, personally, don't remember Mandella dying back then, heh.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

But I do know that Google wants to change your "Dan Akroyd" search into a "Dan Aykroyd" search now.

Really, Google offers you the correct spelling when you type a word that is spelled wrong? And this is proof of something, according to you?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Who's experiment is this, anyway?

This is quite the dilemna!

I never thought I'd be gaslighted by the internet and spellcheck!

eta: my neurons/formerly specific memories tell me that "dilemma" was spelled with an N... firm memory of sounding out the "n" to remember the odd spelling... and yeah, thought it was Akroyd .. .though far less sure than "dilemna" ...

oh well, gonna drink to catch up with reality now, which is obviously reeling drunk.

Speaking of mandela of another sort... Ive never heard or read the term gaslighting anywhere until about a year ago. Suddenly its everywhere. I read it twice a day. No bs on this. Ive been an avid reader since i could read and i talk with a large number of people and new people regularly due to being a musician.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

How many times have you typed your debit pin, or ssn? Possibly even written your own name? That's how sure I am. What are you sure of? That.
edit on 1-5-2016 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising

How many times have you typed your debit pin, or ssn? Possibly even written your own name? That's how sure I am. What are you sure of? That.

I'm saying, I don't think all those "thousands" of times you "stared" at the VHS tapes to be certain that it has "always been Aykroyd" was enough to be sure. I, myself, stare at things I'm a fan of thousands upon thousands of times, and sometimes more.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Term comes from an old noire movie... Gaslight ... where a hubby plays with his wife's sense of reality to induce suicide... at least as far as my reality tells me!

One thing, IF this phenomena is as true as it feels it is, then any fool can say, "Well, it was that way in my original universe!" and get away with all sorts of inaccuracies and ignorance... but man, a couple of these have me actually questioning.. .well, everything.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OveRcuRrEnteD
Same!! I will always want to sneak the pesky and N into it ! I even sound it out with the N probably from learning to spell it that and not wanting to forget. I'm sure a teacher or my mother taught me to sound it out with the N .
Re: Dilemma/Dilemna ^^
edit on 1-5-2016 by schmae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Double post ! I've had about 20 of them today but I know my mouse is malfunctioning ... or is it ?

edit on 1-5-2016 by schmae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

a reply to: pirhanna

Term comes from an old noire movie... Gaslight ... where a hubby plays with his wife's sense of reality to induce suicide... at least as far as my reality tells me!

Ya I know, I researched it as soon as i heard the term used. Why is it suddenly a thing though?

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join