It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Confirmation Bias

/done

Yes! Well done! Well done you!
But that works both sides of the fence, apparently...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

(eta had added an edit and then decided to put it in a post in case someone thought the post changed on it's own and looses it even more!) The Moonraker clip when Richard Keil's "Jaws" character meets a girl and the punchline was when she smiled and had braces (audience laughs and "awwws") and now she doesn't was another WTF moment just now...

heh, I mean, it's not a favorite movie but I certainly remember that part after they crash the ski lift and she smiles and has braces, resultant groaning stupidity and why I disliked those flicks, heh... so dunno... but brains are far more malleable than anyone wants to admit, but that might be the point of an "experiment" so who knows.

Certainly some weirdness here... whether known psychology/quantum flux/experiment/manipulation ... or all of those, remains to be seen.

edit on 4/30/2016 by Baddogma because: add/fix

edit on 4/30/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/30/2016 by Baddogma because: punctuation clean up after hurried post debacle

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Well, aside from my own WTF!!! moments with a few things and a couple other people I respect being floored by particular (private) instances of a shared memory now being "off" on the internet, my respect for your attempts to be truthful as well as level headed are what brought me into the "Huh, well maybe something truly IS going on" side of this.

I am so very pleased that you're part of this discussion...and ridiculously flattered...thank you.

I've been digging at this topic for a fairly long time now (compared to some) and I'm really impressed with the information that many have been 'bringing to the table'.

I certainly can't explain much of anything, but I am starting to see a pattern...and that's what I'm working on now. I'm still personally leaning towards the 'mind control' tech theory but also interested in the others (like different dimensions).

Edit: Just read your edit...yes, the girl without the braces now...that's the newest one for me. Seriously...what the...?
jacy
edit on 30-4-2016 by jacygirl because: braces

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

The problem with it being an internet only experiment is some of the instances involve old info that could now be checked in the "real" world (heh)...

like my detailed memory of Louie Anderson being reported dead by heart attack in '98 (or so) and having a detailed discussion with my SO about how now we couldn't ridicule his stupid comedy and undeserved celebrity (a la his dumb animated series "Life With Louie") without pangs of remorse.

Checked with SO and she also remembers that conversation/event... so either it was a media goof, and I'd think that would have garnered some attention, too, or it was a shared delusion, or he's still dead and the internet was manipulated to say he's alive.

I don't know anyone who knows the guy, so can't check it ... but that's another huge WTF moment.

But dangit, memories suck... hard to pin this stuff down.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

originally posted by: TheKestrel04
I found these 2 maps on google, both can be faked easily. If someone found a variety of old atlases with New Zealand to the West of Australia then you'd have to wonder how did that get so far.Then you can fly over that area in real time to verify which map is the "correct" one relatively speaking. Real is relative... Map 1

Map 2

The first one is a little more in line with what I seem to recall around Australia. South America is still way too far east though. The second one is definitely more on par with what I remember of South America's locale in comparison to North America. The maps that we have now look ridiculous with how far east SA has shifted.

Same for me. And other people I know.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: TheKestrel04
I think we should try to rule out the possible theories of whats going on, so how do we determine what is and isn't something?

The scientific method works really well.

2nd.

I agree. I think its time we or someone devise hypotheses and tests for different ideas concerning this. Though it will be difficult considering moat theories really could use a theoretical physicist on the team. Those are in short supply.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
a reply to: antayat

It is a small part of it, it's missing a beat in the chorus. I'll listen to it later and try to pinpoint it. I can't place the exact point off the top of my head.

I went and listened and I remember the chorus as "I'm going to Graceland Graceland, Memphis Tennessee" and now it's "I'm going to Graceland, Memphis Tennessee", so I had a WTF moment there.

But he does say it twice at one point in the song so maybe that is what I remembered.

edit: He actually sings it a couple of times so I guess this is just how I remember it.

edit on 30-4-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I postulate that there is a future event that tears holes in the fabric of reality, is caused by a mechanism located in North America, and the event ripples backward in time, very much as gravity wavea can do from black holes. I furthermore speculate that this disruption is causing disruptions in small bits of the timeline with information either scrambled or bleeding over from parallel realities (parallel worlds are a widely held scientific view of reality now) due to the event disruption of space time.

This postulate should have aspects that can be measured at some point in the future to determine possibility, if not yet. (Just first measured and proved gravity waves if one is keeping up with public science)

There are plenty of other theories as well. This is my current idea on the topic and i will quickly discard when presented with other compelling ideas or evidence.

Add: Id like to point out that all science begins with observation, and that relativity was considered a crackpot idea until proven years later.
edit on 30-4-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

That just "seems right" ...? Like, yea that's it.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Could this all be a massive social experiment to actually study the fallibility of memory? Our memories fade out with time. Especially from when we were children.

We don't need a bunch of bears or Nelson Mandela to tell us that. But this helps those studying psychology and the inner workings of the human brain. Belief is strong once it develops and people with strong beliefs are interesting to study. It helps understand how to further influence the human mind.

See here : theintercept.com...

ETA : Anyone remember the old Star Trek series and movies and hearing Kirk say "Beam me up Scotty?"

And here is the top 10 for people suffering from ME !

edit on 30/4/16 by mirageman because: ETA

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I suppose it could be experimentation with an unknowing public as guinea pig, though that doesnt completely fit with my peraonal observations. Fallible as they may be.

I dont have any strong beliefs really other than trusting in my own judgment. Im not a ME believer. Im someone who has experienced ME and am curious what is going on. Its different from belief. I have thoughts on it, but im not married to any of them.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Indeed. Time is moving much faster than it used to. The second hand on my clock/s moves so damned fast, rushing through. It all must have a connection of some kind. On many levels, our reality is changing and it's not even being hidden from us, or not well hidden.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Healthy attitude that I'd like to think I share.

Reminds me of Delaney's old sci-fi book Dahlgren (sp? See faulty memory!) about an unspecified "accident" in N. America that creates an area of quantum flux/uncertainty in reality...

and I'll agree that's as good a guess as any that I, too, will consider until a better one pops up from finer minds than mine.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

(I remember her having braces...digitally removed for some weird reason?? It makes no sense.)

Anyone remember watching the Wizard of Oz and feeling like it was a lot different than you remembered it? This one is probably my bad memory, because it was when I was very young. It came on at least once a year and we watched it every time. Then when I was an adult, I saw it again, and it felt like it was different - missing scenes, that sort of thing... It's probably just me because what changed isn't clear. Something about the forest?? I hate to be so vague. Maybe someone else has memories of that too that are more clear - otherwise I'll just chalk it up to my personal brain.

I am very intrigued by the ME - it kinda messes with my head...

- AB

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Reminds me of Delaney's old sci-fi book Dahlgren (sp? See faulty memory!)

Dhalgren, the autumnal city. One very wild ride, that story.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: TombEscaper

(I remember her having braces...digitally removed for some weird reason?? It makes no sense.)

Another well respected member, how nice to see you AboveBoard! and welcome to the fray.

There's a lot of good reading in this thread, but be very very careful. This topic leads down a rabbit hole that leads to a tunnel...I'm stuck in the tunnel now.
That's where you end up when you don't know which way to turn next...so you sit and stare at the monitor for 20 minutes trying to think of words that make sense.
Perhaps you drool a little too.

So, yeah...Wizard of Oz has always creeped me out, but hubby loves it. We've seen it often and I just thought the 'weirdness' I was seeing was because it had originally been black & white and they later 'coloured' it.
But yes, it does seem strange and somehow...different.
jacy

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I would like to know if anyone else has experienced Mandela Effects in their own lives, outside of culture and geography. In some instances, people remember that someone they knew (who was not a celebrity) had died and then was living again. This could be significant because most of us have noticed the same changes around us, that anyone could notice. If this stuff is happening within people's own lives, that only they or people close to them could notice, it would seem more likely to be some kind of organic occurrence. If however the changes are only, or almost only happening out in the open where everyone can see, it looks deliberate (or otherwise is intended to catch our attention on purpose.)

As for the idea of it being some kind of mind altering tech, yes that is one possibility. I can say that some of my memories of alternate spellings/images/events/places are so strong that I feel no doubt whatsoever. It is written into me, like a tattoo in your skin. So, logically I will accept the possibility, but my feelings deny it. I feel that if anything is an illusion (or has been rewritten) it's the changes themselves. Inside, a part of my inner child is still next to my father on the bed, looking at a "Berenstein Bears" camping story while my father reads it to me. It feels every bit as real to me as writing this feels.
edit on 30-4-2016 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well in my world, it was spelled "Dahlgren" ...heh (eta KIDDING)

And yeah, remains a favorite all these years later... my first exposure to graphic gay sex scenes as a 'tween, heh.

eta 2 also sorry for thread drift.. .though this wasn't so bad as I never thought I'd be (maybe) living a sci-fi book scenario that weird!

edit on 4/30/2016 by Baddogma because: add

edit on 4/30/2016 by Baddogma because: clean up haste mistake

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join