It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

Actually, it was just something funny to say.

Riight. Just a humorous little personal attack to keep things rolling along, eh? BS.

Interesting wording that you use. You are in the position of having to say memories are flawed to maintain your argument, when the correct assessment is that memories can be flawed. But if you would say that, it would leave open the possibility that the memories may not be flawed.

Sadly for your word-salad here ... the memories ARE flawed. The only case in which the memories are NOT flawed is if the wild explanation of temporal/dimensional manipulation is more reasonable than that people make mistakes and that when they share these mistakes with each other ... they get reinforced into BELIEFS.

After researching this for nearly a year and a half, I have yet to come across a skeptic who has honestly and logically confronted the CoasterBuzz messageboard Berenstein discussion from 2001. This is the "one that got away" from whomever decided to do this tampering. 11 different posters use the term Berenstein in the discussion, with no mention of Berenstain by anyone; no one correcting the name, no one saying "I always thought it was -stain," etc. For us who remember who the Bears are in another reality, this is the holy grail of proof that there is a universe in which it is the BerenSTAIN Bears who never existed.

I've heard people say Berenstein all my life. It's a common mistake. Names ending in "stein" are simply more popular, more well-known.

Your entire postulate here is that because 11 people make the same mistake on a message board 15 years ago, this proves temporal/dimensional manipulation.

Please let's have something clear between us. You are very clear in that this Mandala Effect is a point of BELIEF for you, bordering on the religious (as you describe it in similar terms.) No one, not me, is trying to take your belief away from you.

That would, for the most part, be pointless.

But as you are discussing this in a PUBLIC forum, on a site that focuses on removing the wheat from the chaff ... you are finding that people are unconvinced by your BELIEF no matter how heart-felt it is. That is not an attack on you.

That's just the way things are.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Could be the people Mandela Effected are in an unstable timeline. They might just disappear one day.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: antayat

It is a small part of it, it's missing a beat in the chorus. I'll listen to it later and try to pinpoint it. I can't place the exact point off the top of my head.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If Mandela died in the 80s, who became president of SA in 1994?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: antayat

No, it's the song Graceland.

I remember "her" always being used in Under African Skies.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Well interestingly enough when we seek information how many of us use the internet vs the library? which is more tamper-able? If this is massive psyop how far can it go before it drastically effects us? And if it is only virtual pysop then physical things like books should not change over the world. I'm also considering time travel with a temporal wave....
edit on 30-4-2016 by TheKestrel04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I found these 2 maps on google, both can be faked easily. If someone found a variety of old atlases with New Zealand to the West of Australia then you'd have to wonder how did that get so far.Then you can fly over that area in real time to verify which map is the "correct" one relatively speaking. Real is relative... Map 1

Map 2

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Actually, it was just something funny to say.

Riight. Just a humorous little personal attack to keep things rolling along, eh? BS.

Interesting wording that you use. You are in the position of having to say memories are flawed to maintain your argument, when the correct assessment is that memories can be flawed. But if you would say that, it would leave open the possibility that the memories may not be flawed.

Sadly for your word-salad here ... the memories ARE flawed. The only case in which the memories are NOT flawed is if the wild explanation of temporal/dimensional manipulation is more reasonable than that people make mistakes and that when they share these mistakes with each other ... they get reinforced into BELIEFS.

After researching this for nearly a year and a half, I have yet to come across a skeptic who has honestly and logically confronted the CoasterBuzz messageboard Berenstein discussion from 2001. This is the "one that got away" from whomever decided to do this tampering. 11 different posters use the term Berenstein in the discussion, with no mention of Berenstain by anyone; no one correcting the name, no one saying "I always thought it was -stain," etc. For us who remember who the Bears are in another reality, this is the holy grail of proof that there is a universe in which it is the BerenSTAIN Bears who never existed.

I've heard people say Berenstein all my life. It's a common mistake. Names ending in "stein" are simply more popular, more well-known.

Your entire postulate here is that because 11 people make the same mistake on a message board 15 years ago, this proves temporal/dimensional manipulation.

Please let's have something clear between us. You are very clear in that this Mandala Effect is a point of BELIEF for you, bordering on the religious (as you describe it in similar terms.) No one, not me, is trying to take your belief away from you.

That would, for the most part, be pointless.

But as you are discussing this in a PUBLIC forum, on a site that focuses on removing the wheat from the chaff ... you are finding that people are unconvinced by your BELIEF no matter how heart-felt it is. That is not an attack on you.

That's just the way things are.

Making a humorous reference to your avatar is a personal attack? I suppose it's a good thing I don't have one and can avoid such "attacks" then!

I just want to modify your point above, in saying that 11 people made the same mistake 15 years ago. What you neglected to specify is that 11 out of 11 people all made the same mistake. These are literate, cognizant, reasonably educated adults or near-adults, all discussing something they are obviously familiar with, who all make the same so-called "misspell?" At this point, it is those such as yourself who may have to honestly contemplate the "what's more probable" scenario.

I don't expect or try to "convince" anyone of something that is admittedly unbelievable until they actually experience it for themselves. Rest assured, if and when you do, it will mess you up a bit. But you can take comfort in knowing there are those of us who have already been down that road and found a way to carry on...unless we all disappear, like roadgravel said. Then it may be time to worry!

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The basis of this is to make people doubt their own memories. Accept only what you see now, forget the past you thought you remembered (and the freedoms that went with it). More NWO crap being force fed on the population courtesy of Gaggle.

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!
Thank you! I completely agree and am working on proof.
Working in notepad right now on a reply to show how it started and how this is all part of the plan.
Perfect.

jacy

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think we should try to rule out the possible theories of whats going on, so how do we determine what is and isn't something?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKestrel04
I think we should try to rule out the possible theories of whats going on, so how do we determine what is and isn't something?

The scientific method works really well.

2nd.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

Before the time line gets "changed" ... here's what you said ...

originally posted by: TombEscaper That eye in the pyramid of yours must have selectively read my post with blinders on.

This isn't "humorous" or "a joke" or "ribbing" ... you're claiming that I misread or intentionally ignored your comments. When I use the word "attack" in this context, it is generic ... the point is you're not talking about the matter at hand, or anything I've said, or any facts ... you're talking (or trying to talk) about "me" the poster and that has nothing to do with the facts here.

You can certainly emphasize what you wish. Saying "11 people" or "11 out of 11 people" make a common mistake may seem important, but the fact remains that it is still mathematically 11 people who make the same mistake that I have made, that I have heard others make, etc. It's a COMMON mistake. That and similar MISTAKES are the BASIS of the cultural phenomenon that is now called "The Mandela Effect."

How presumptuous of you to pretend you know what I've experienced and not experienced, and how illogical for you to bring that into the discussion as if it has meaning! Of course I've experienced what you're talking about! My memory is as faulty as anyone else's! I've experienced it, I've researched it, and what observable reality and facts tell me is that people get things wrong, and the Internet perpetuates those errors a million-fold.

That is the most reasonable, basic, simple explanation. It meets the requirements of every kind of logic. But, please note again: YOU DON'T HAVE TO ACCEPT THIS! This my understanding.

Keep giving examples of what you believe in, and I will give rational explanations where they exist.

Easy peasy.

edit on 30-4-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling corrected courtesy of the Interdimensional Time Travel Brigade to Change Insignificant Errata

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKestrel04
I found these 2 maps on google, both can be faked easily. If someone found a variety of old atlases with New Zealand to the West of Australia then you'd have to wonder how did that get so far.Then you can fly over that area in real time to verify which map is the "correct" one relatively speaking. Real is relative... Map 1

Map 2

The first one is a little more in line with what I seem to recall around Australia. South America is still way too far east though. The second one is definitely more on par with what I remember of South America's locale in comparison to North America. The maps that we have now look ridiculous with how far east SA has shifted.
edit on 30-4-2016 by TombEscaper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Here's a question for the "Mandela effect" believers: if you really honestly think you've come from another dimension or whatever, where are the people that come from the dimension where the entire globe speaks Swahili? Where are the people from the dimension that is identical to ours except that "the" is spelled "theh?" Why is it always some obscure, easily-misremembered factoid that is offered up as "proof" for some kind of time shift?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The basis of this is to make people doubt their own memories. Accept only what you see now, forget the past you thought you remembered (and the freedoms that went with it). More NWO crap being force fed on the population courtesy of Gaggle.

Hmmm... that was a "Hmmm, maybe it's..." thought of mine, too... back to Orwell, heh.

And it would be brilliant as brains are so malleable anyway and most of the "changes" could validly be seen as the usual poorly remembered semi-unimportant stuff everyone gets wrong on occasion.

Something to consider on the "maybe" scale, anyway.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: TombEscaper

Before the time line gets "changed" ... here's what you said ...

originally posted by: TombEscaper That eye in the pyramid of yours must have selectively read my post with blinders on.

This isn't "humorous" or "a joke" or "ribbing" ... you're claiming that I misread or intentionally ignored your comments. When I use the word "attack" in this context, it is generic ... the point is you're not talking about the matter at hand, or anything I've said, or any facts ... you're talking (or trying to talk) about "me" the poster and that has nothing to do with the facts here.

You can certainly emphasize what you wish. Saying "11 people" or "11 out of 11 people" make a common mistake may seem important, but the fact remains that it is still mathematically 11 people who make the same mistake that I have made, that I have heard others make, etc. It's a COMMON mistake. That and similar MISTAKES are the BASIS of the cultural phenomenon that is now called "The Mandela Effect."

How presumptuous of you to pretend you know what I've experienced and not experienced, and how illogical for you to bring that into the discussion as if it has meaning! Of course I've experienced what you're talking about! My memory is as faulty as anyone else's! I've experienced it, I've researched it, and what observable reality and facts tell me is that people get things wrong, and the Internet perpetuates those errors a million-fold.

That is the most reasonable, basic, simple explanation. It meets the requirements of every kind of logic. But, please note again: YOU DON'T HAVE TO ACCEPT THIS! This my understanding.

Keep giving examples of what you believe in, and I will give rational explanations where they exist.

Easy peasy.

I didn't claim that you intentionally did so, and we can see that good-natured sarcasm doesn't translate very well through messageboard communications!

Just the mere fact that you chalk up any anomalies you have had to memory failure reveals that you could not have experienced what many of us are experiencing. For us to do that is not even a consideration because the knowingness is too strong, leaving many in a state of limbo, wondering about what reality is, who we are, who we were, how many other "me's" exist in other realms, where all of this is headed, and the ultimate implications of our destiny as beings.

For example, you could hold a sword to my throat trying to compel me to believe that Mr. Rogers has always sung about "this" neighborhood, and I would have to take the sword. In a thousand lifetimes no one could ever convince me that he didn't sing about "the" neighborhood. I've heard the song too many times and it is too ingrained in my psyche to believe otherwise. And yet, now he sings about "this" neighborhood and there is no tangible proof that it has ever been otherwise. Memory failure is not even a consideration.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
Here's a question for the "Mandela effect" believers: if you really honestly think you've come from another dimension or whatever, where are the people that come from the dimension where the entire globe speaks Swahili? Where are the people from the dimension that is identical to ours except that "the" is spelled "theh?" Why is it always some obscure, easily-misremembered factoid that is offered up as "proof" for some kind of time shift?

Here's a question for you:
The other week I mentioned the Mandela Effect when I had some friends round for drinks. One of our friend's new boyfriend was there, first time meeting. He asked what the Mandela Effect was. So I showed him by asking him what the closest landmass to Australia is. He said he didn't know cos it's so far away from everything else. I showed him a picture and he got really confused how close it was to other islands.
I then showed him the Americas and asked him if that looked right to him. He said no it didn't at all, and he started looking ill.
The I showed him Italy and before I even asked him about it he freaked out "WHY IS #ING SICILY #ING TOUCHING! WTF!? WTF!?"
It really messed him up.

Now, I ask you. Why did he react like that?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Hmmm... that was a "Hmmm, maybe it's..." thought of mine, too... back to Orwell, heh.

And it would be brilliant as brains are so malleable anyway and most of the "changes" could validly be seen as the usual poorly remembered semi-unimportant stuff everyone gets wrong on occasion.

Something to consider on the "maybe" scale, anyway.

Hey Baddog!! I'm truly happy to see you in this thread!!

I'm working on something right now, to do with this theory (the one from Asktheanimals). I think I've got some good information to back me up, just need to find all the right words.

Here's to some good 'woo-woo', lol.
jacy

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Well, aside from my own WTF!!! moments with a few things and a couple other people I respect being floored by particular (private) instances of a shared memory now being "off" on the internet, my respect for your attempts to be truthful as well as level headed are what brought me into the "Huh, well maybe something truly IS going on" side of this.

Knowing that people are mistaken about stuff ALL the time doesn't help your "definitely something off" side... buuuuut it doesn't explain a few shared memories I've lately encountered that are simply now wrong (or off a bit)... on the internet, anyway.

So an internet based psi-op or experiment isn't so far fetched... as far as conspiracy theories go, anyway.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join