It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted

So ... no room in your discussion for counter-evidence? Or for a rational approach?

Which is more reasonable? The failure of human memory and perception, which we know to be a fact, or time-travel, which at this point is still, quite frankly, science fiction for the most part.

Why does trying to look at the evidence rationally make one a "shill"?

(By the by, it's against ATS T&C to call other members "shills.")

If it's time travel does it have to be present humans using the technology? Or maybe say people from ten thousands years from now.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

So ... as opposed to every other topic in what we usually call the "real world" ... THIS particular topic is impenetrable to science/logic/reason? Claims made should just be taken on their emotional/psychological appeal and not subjected to actual evidence???

Sounds like the basis of every apology for belief-based nonsense to me ...

If You're saying that the Mandala Effect is not a matter of reality but only equivalent to "faith" or "imagination" or even "subjective experience" ... that's fine ... but there are also those of us who value the consideration of these "oddities" in a rational reasonable manner ... and, further, we can co-exist.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
"Interview With The Vampire" has always been "Interview With The Vampire".
One of my sisters gave me the book & I recall thinking what a stupid name it was,
surely "...A Vampire" would be better?
Turns out it did perfectly well with its "stupid" title.

However, I could have sworn Billy Graham died years ago.
edit on 30-4-2016 by EnochRoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: antayat

originally posted

So ... no room in your discussion for counter-evidence? Or for a rational approach?

Which is more reasonable? The failure of human memory and perception, which we know to be a fact, or time-travel, which at this point is still, quite frankly, science fiction for the most part.

If it's time travel does it have to be present humans using the technology? Or maybe say people from ten thousands years from now.

Generally speaking, as we do not have this kind of "time travel" at the moment ... it would have to used by someone from another time or perhaps dimension ... logically.

What's your point?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnochRoot
One of my sisters gave me the book & I recall thinking what a stupid name it was,

I remember it as Interview with a Vampire. I have all the books. I went to the opening night st the theaters. I clearly remember 'a' vs 'the.'

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I remember it as Interview with a Vampire. I have all the books. I went to the opening night st the theaters. I clearly remember 'a' vs 'the.'

And I bought it the day it came out ... and it was THE.

What do you find when you look at the title page of your copy of the book?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Confusing pronunciations with correct and incorrect spelling.

Remember, it isn't what you think you can remember that is important, it is what you can't.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted

Generally speaking, as we do not have this kind of "time travel" at the moment ... it would have to used by someone from another time or perhaps dimension ... logically.

What's your point?

Well your original reply was to ask me what is more likely faulty memory or science fiction space travel. From that comment its clear you think the mandella effect is false and that time travel is science fiction. Just because we dont have a technology, at least to our knowledge, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Especially when concerning time travel. Hence people from the future apposed to it being science fiction. Also why are you so adament to demean the mandela effect?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

originally posted by: jacygirl

This is the first thread that I have found that hasn't been completely ruined by trolls. (though they've tried)
I believe that some of us are very invested in this topic, and we have a right to discuss our thoughts, theories and experiences!
jacy

How is it that someone who disagrees with your admitted bias on the topic is "a troll"?

You've looked at the evidence presented and arrived at one conclusion, others have arrived at another.

We are all ATS members. We ALL have the right to speak on any topic according to T&C.

A better question might be, why are you intimidated or threatened by the counter-arguments to your beliefs?

Why do you want to isolate yourself to a community of "believers"?

If you didn't notice, that's cultish behavior.

Relax, I wasn't referring to you.

jacy

I'm quite relaxed ... I'm not addressing a personal issue, but a general one, which you're sidestepping:

Why are you bothered/irritated/intimidated by rational logical exceptions to your theory?

You do want to get to the truth of the matter ... right?

When condescending people infiltrate topics about something that they supposedly think is a waste of time, doing nothing but telling others they don't really remember what they know they remember, it is trolling. In fact, these are the "Men in Black" of the internet. Bullies with an obvious agenda who prey upon the timidity of gentler souls.

There have been many "nonbelievers" in this thread who have amicably taken part in profitable dialogue, and those who have been affected by the phenomenon are more than willing to have civil discourse with such folks. It's healthy debate. But there are also those sharks who have no intention of acknowledging or considering anything valid put forth to support the phenomenon. This is because their only objective is to dispel it. What their ultimate motivation is remains unknown, but we can make educated guesses.

People are progressively learning to simply ignore such parasites. They only have as much power as is given to them by those they are attempting to manipulate.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ok, since memory and text is fallible and there is the possibility of universes converging how can we be sure which one is the original and what are the negative and positive effects of these discrepancies ?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKestrel04
Ok, since memory and text is fallible and there is the possibility of universes converging how can we be sure which one is the original and what are the negative and positive effects of these discrepancies ?

I'm not sure if they're possitive or negative changes in relation to the world existing. Maybe in emotional state of the observer there can be possitive or negative response. I think the changes are real and they're just there. I do wonder what is causing them. Alternate universes, parallel universes, time travel, simulated reality (computer generated).... I dont know. Which reality is the original? I'm not sure until we can figure out what is causing the changes.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

And I bought it the day it came out ... and it was THE.

What do you find when you look at the title page of your copy of the book?

It says the. This was one that had thrown me for a big spin. This one and 'if you build they will come' vs 'if you build he will come.' These two along with berestein bears sent me realing emotionally.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If we shifted into a parallel universe we should have doppelgangers and spontaneous relationships with people and claims to things with did not commit or maybe possess things we never took.We should look to highlight these things as possible evidence. If the books say stain and some folks remember stain and some folks only remember stein then the steins could of been brought to the stain universe.
edit on 30-4-2016 by TheKestrel04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2016 by TheKestrel04 because: misspell

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

If we shifted into a parallel universe we should have doppelgangers and spontaneous relationships with people and claims to things with did not commit or maybe possess things we never took.We should look to highlight these things as possible evidence. If the books say stain and some folks remember stain and some folks only remember stein then the steins could of bring brought to the stain universe.

Good point. Iv'e been thinking about keeping a journal. Now I'm going too. Keeping an eye on changes and possible relationships and the like.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

how do we add pictures in here?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKestrel04

I have a video that i will share the link later - where I tell myself I need to call my mom i am going to die - i didn't say it. I have heard myself multiple times - like when it wasn't me
lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

If we shifted into a parallel universe we should have doppelgangers and spontaneous relationships with people and claims to things with did not commit or maybe possess things we never took.We should look to highlight these things as possible evidence. If the books say stain and some folks remember stain and some folks only remember stein then the steins could of bring brought to the stain universe.

Good point. Iv'e been thinking about keeping a journal. Now I'm going too. Keeping an eye on changes and possible relationships and the like.

Precisely, I doubt another universe would be a perfect copy

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Precisely, I doubt another universe would be a perfect copy

Maybe a lack of relationships and the like could point us to the fact that its not parallel umiverses. Great observation man.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKestrel04

Whooops I deleted too much of the html. Sorry man the fisrt part was your quote.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I've not invested much into this phenomena, always found it intriguing, but since it's not "provable" and can easily be written off as "faulty memories", it just seemed like a dark hole that goes on and on.

I have conflicted memories of the Berenstein books. I remember always being confused about how to say the name. However, what has me here commenting is another issue. I grew up listening to Paul Simon, mostly his Graceland album. My mother was a huge fan, and we heard the tape a lot. I have since exposed my children to him, and we listen to that album a few times a week. Last week I noticed that one of the songs sounds different. Notably different, and I have heard the song for over 30 years. Now every time I play Graceland, it sounds "off".

Not saying it's proof, just my only experience with something changing, that I can't just brush off as "I'm not remembering correctly".

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join