It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

That's so weird! When I was 21 I had the same experience: either seeing a vision of, or otherwise imagining different dimensions somehow coming together, and me stepping from one and into another. I was far from home at that time and it was around 2001, before or after 9/11.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: jacygirl

Hey girl!
Where ya been?!

Shhh! Witness protection program.

Going back to read the rest of your message now, lol.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Can you visually describe your experience ? Any odours or sound associated with it?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKestrel04
a reply to: slider1982
From the days of playing silent hunter 5 your right I never really noticed that island either, it's as if someone just smacked it there.
Reminds me of the Taured Guy.

I am glad I am not the only one.. I was always really quite good with Geography but I am totally shocked as to where that location has come from..

RA

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Thanks for your sharing your thought on this. Could be.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: jacygirl

I really wish you all would let us discuss this topic without the insults.

What insult?
I "remember" stuff I couldn't possibly remember. Family stories that I've heard so many times that they seem real.
It is no insult to say our (everyone's) memories are not really very reliable.

What is odd though, is the penchant to deny that reality (memory is not reliable) in favor of the idea of an altered one.

That would be entirely logical, I agree, particularly from someone who has not experienced it. And that is entirely how I approach most everything. But, somehow, moving past all the incorrect memories and social miscues (which explain away a great many questions), I am entirely convinced from personal experiences that a genuine phenomenon is ongoing. In fact, I know very well when I mis-remember something. Memory is indeed fallible. This though, is not even remotely the same thing. I would also caution that one can't be too closed off to examining such phenomena in an age of science that seems unbelievable and fantastical, even amongst the projects that we are allowed to know about.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Okay, you're other thread is awesome and also freaking me out because I'm nodding while I'm reading.

I need to spend some quiet time reading the rest later, don't want to miss posts here for now.

TNMockingbird...Hiya hunny! I'm here hiding out in the brainiac section, lol. I do remember your Berenstein/stain incident with the book. It's fine if you aren't having this experience, just don't insult us, we're kinda twitchy!

I just had a thought...regarding other countries.
What if they call it something else? Something we haven't heard of...yet?
Maybe it is happening elsewhere, and they have their own cultural reference for it? Perhaps?

That's all I got for now.
jacy

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
TNMockingbird...Hiya hunny! I'm here hiding out in the brainiac section, lol. I do remember your Berenstein/stain incident with the book. It's fine if you aren't having this experience, just don't insult us, we're kinda twitchy!
jacy

No, I DID have the same experience and then I found the book.
I would hope to NEVER insult on purpose. Poke fun? Yes. Insult intentionally? No.
I have had similar experiences with other 'mandela' type situations.
I just haven't found those 'books' yet is all.

You brainiacs have fun! LOL

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

In fact, I know very well when I mis-remember something.

That is an oxymoron. If you know you misremember, it means you know what the "correct" memory is and that you have it wrong. You are discounting the possibility that you are just wrong about it.

I would also caution that one can't be too closed off to examining such phenomena in an age of science that seems unbelievable and fantastical, even amongst the projects that we are allowed to know about.
Sure. I guess. So, what's the point? Are you going to get back to your personal reality somehow? Or maybe, just maybe, is it and attempt to rationalize things that are uncomfortable about your life?

You know those stories about the commoner who, it turns out, was actually the prince?

link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

That's so weird! When I was 21 I had the same experience: either seeing a vision of, or otherwise imagining different dimensions somehow coming together, and me stepping from one and into another. I was far from home at that time and it was around 2001, before or after 9/11.

Wow!! That is so unreal you saw the same thing. I think it was 1998 for me. I wrote some very unusual verse after the experience. I had some other faint impressions that weren't quite as clear. Perhaps an almost high pitched modem sound but not exactly.

link   

originally posted by: kita0dtita
If you’ve come to speeak about merging of universes, alternate timelines, and time travel then you are in the wrong place. It is of my opinion that the Mandela Effect is a real thing; however, steeped in the realm of sociology and psychology and not science fiction. The effect is somewhat different from a false memory as it effects large groups of people, seemingly without many connections and without the same emotional factors present. It also seems stronger and harder to escape the feeling that it’s simply a mis-remembering of a detail, which is why people are so adamant with claims of their memories. As such, it’s often been hinted at that the Mandela Effect is closely related to cognitive dissonance.
a reply to: TombEscaper

Anything is possible, but if and when you experience it yourself, you will rank the possibility of what you say here fairly low on your list of possibilities.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

In fact, I know very well when I mis-remember something.

That is an oxymoron. If you know you misremember, it means you know what the "correct" memory is and that you have it wrong. You are discounting the possibility that you are just wrong about it.

I would also caution that one can't be too closed off to examining such phenomena in an age of science that seems unbelievable and fantastical, even amongst the projects that we are allowed to know about.
Sure. I guess. So, what's the point? Are you going to get back to your personal reality somehow? Or maybe, just maybe, is it and attempt to rationalize things that are uncomfortable about your life?

You know those stories about the commoner who, it turns out, was actually the prince?

Come on phage, don't be an ass. I am not in any way remotely important or do I pretend to be. I just have had some unusual experiences. I'm not trying to get back to anything. My life is fine. I have a good job, lots of friends, all the regular stuff. No complaints. I am however interested in understanding some of the stranger experiences I have had. Nothing wrong with that. It has always been man's desire to understand the world around him and his experiences. If anything, the great phage is the one with the ego around these parts. We all know it =p Though I certainly appreciate your contributions.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: wesleyapril
I've enjoyed reading all the comments - I've been looking into the Mandela Effect for nearly a year at this point. I would love to point out - that if you see the changes- and you will know if you are sincere or not - you are an empath only empaths see the changes. I can share a photo of what an empath is - if anyone is interested.

Also, you will more than likely share some of the same physical symptoms - that those that see the changes do - insomnia, sick stomach, dizzy, headaches/migraines, ear ringing, jaw pain, shoulder pain, trouble finding words - i.e. the room with the car in it. Sometimes we are forgetful also.

Only empaths see it - I have yet to meet a non empath see the changes.

I am an empath. And the two people whom I know in person, very well, who are also experiencing these and other phenomena are empaths too.

I have wondered if that is the reason only some of us have been noticing all of this and the rest think we've gone off the deep end because they cannot see everything we can. But for some reason, they're noticing the lyrics/names/movies the same as we are...they're just able to dismiss it more easily because they're only seeing one isolated facet of what is actually happening on a much larger scale right in front of their unseeing eyes. If they saw what we see, they would not be able to deny the truth to themselves any longer.

I also suffer dizziness, nausea, vertigo, tinnitus, ataxia, and am unable to eat sometimes for several days during and after experiencing a manifestation. Time seems to accelerate during these events as well...and other people actually DO notice that, although they dismiss it easily.

This is the tenth day straight that I've been experiencing continuous, multiple manifestations in my immediate environment. This is the longest duration yet. I have been bombarded with unpredictable, crippling nausea and dizziness every day. I feel very strongly that something is building...to what end, I do not know. But things are unfolding rapidly now.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Very well said. People do indeed ignore what challenges their perceptions, their sense of grounding.

As for why these changes are happening, of course it is hard to say. I can't get past how so many of these changes are noticeable, as if someone wanted them to be noticed.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I am not in any way remotely important or do I pretend to be.
You missed the point.

I am however interested in understanding some of the stranger experiences I have had.
And yet you insist that, in this case, it has nothing to do with the inherent weaknesses of your (our) memories.

If anything, the great phage is the one with the ego around these parts.
I don't know what ego has to do with it, except in denying that your memory is playing tricks on you.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Hmm, at this point I am wondering if it's sort of like deja vu ( I think someone suggested this earlier.) With deja vu, you experience something you've seen before, experiencing an odd sensation of remarkable memory. Perhaps with the Mandela Effect, when something in one's reality changes, you experience a sensation of something feeling off. If talking, you might stumble through your words. If working, you might get a dizzy spell. Something is momentarily off and you don't know what it is. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

originally posted by: peck420
a reply to: kita0dtita
If the Mandela Effect is real, why do we only get instances of close similarity? Where are all the people experiencing the Mandela Effects from vastly different parallel worlds?

Why are you asking us questions we obviously can't answer? We are all admitting that we don't understand this, even though we are experiencing it.

Someone has suggested that this seems to only happen to English speaking countries, mostly North America.
I used some different search engines (for different countries) and searched "Berentein Bears" and "Mandela Effect".

I did this for England, Australia, Italy and Portugal. England had links for online discussions, basically the same ones we get when we use google. (the results also showed both spellings for Berenstein and didn't try to auto-correct anything) The other 3 countries had "no results found" for either search.

I don't accept the 'timeline' theory. I've tried, but it's not...logical enough for me.
My current theory is more along the lines of "implanted false memory" (which is real)...psy-ops/mind control via internet/television/radio...subliminal...basically something mental as opposed to physical.

If a bunch of us all remember "Berenstein", but our old books show "Berenstain"..then we would be the ones with the false memory implanted, and you all would think we were wrong, crazy, stupid, stubborn, poor readers, faulty memory...right?

jacy

It's important to stay open to all possibilities, but it's probably not beneficial to focus upon something like this too heavily. If this is truly what has happened, there is not much point in even worrying or wondering about it, as we are already hopelessly doomed to consciousness-slavery.

But let us for a moment put ourselves in the position of someone (TPTB or whomever) having harnessed the technology to actually manipulate time streams, integrate parallel universes, etc. while also having the goal to enslave the masses to the greatest extent possible. Would we not want to get people to doubt their own memories, or intangible intuition, to the most extreme degrees that we could? We could thereby manipulate their thoughts through convincing them that they can only trust external "evidence" (that WE put before them) as opposed to what they know to be true.

Taking it even further, would it not be a nifty idea to deploy minions into the world of the internet to relentlessly coax and bully people into disbelieving their own personal experiences in favor of believing the external circumstances that we ourselves had manipulated into being?

By their fruits you shall know them.

Think of the fruits of many of the most rigid skeptics who, for some reason, continuously appear in topics such as this even though they think it to be all nonsense. (Condescending energy, closed mindedness, complete dismissal of valid evidence that goes against their objective, etc.) Who would realistically devote so much time and effort into rebutting something they have no interest in or think is stupid? I don't like soap operas or reality shows or country music, but I surely won't waste my time scouring messageboards to tell people how foolish they are for liking any of that. Generally, people simply don't pay much mind to things they don't have any interest in or think are silly.

Now let's think of the predictable script that we see time and again from these so-called skeptics: "You're misremembering. You have no evidenve [even though we do]. Your memory is faulty. The most logical conclusion is that your memory is failing you."

To paraphrase : "Don't look within for truth. Don't trust your intuition. Just believe the physical evidence that you can see and touch. Truth is not found within."

Combine this with the abrasive and condescending nature of many of these naysayers, and you soon find yourself being sapped of spiritual energy (also a goal of the enslavers), and being sucked down to their level of negativity, engaging in pointless arguments, and even being pulled into possibly believing what they are relentlessly beating into you.

This is why I stressed from the beginning that it's best to avoid such belittlers as much as possible.

Again, to understand what the bad guys are up to, you have to get inside the mind of the bad guys to a certain extent. If the goal is consciousness (soul) enslavement, and many indications are that that IS the goal, then the tactics I have shared here are very likely tools that would be used.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Thanks for your honest reply

What keywords have you used to search with? I would try not using "Mandela Effect" because it's possible that non-English-speaking people in foreign countries may not be as familiar with the term as we are. It might be difficult to find. Imagine someone coming to North America and learning English, going online, reading books. How long might it take until they happened upon these discussions of the "Mandela Effect," I wonder? Likely there are only a relative few sites like ATS discussing it, as of yet at least.

Maybe if someone knew a foreign site where people discussed weird things they could post a question like: "Does anyone remember a movie, song or event change?" It usually helps if they can see examples of other people posting their memories. It encourages them to share their memories.

Another possibility is that stuff this bizarre (this crazy-sounding) only comes out through a snowball effect. For example, I remember McDonald's being MacDonald's when I was little. At some point it became McDonald's. I remember sitting in the back seat as a kid, asking my father why it changed. He insisted that it was always McDonald's. Yet, we still have the Big Mac. Why isn't it a Big Mc? Anyway, my point is that it's highly unlikely that I was the only one who experienced that alternate memory all those years ago, never mind all the years since. Only now am I seeing where people are posting online, talking about remembering MacDonald's. Perhaps, in time, this subject will snowball through other languages.
edit on 29-4-2016 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2016 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Who is going to claim, what I will call, a "secondary Mandela" or maybe a "double Mandela".

Having a different memory of an event that happened after originally becoming aware of the effect. Meaning the timeline has changed twice.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I remember thinking he had died too, I didn't realize he was still alive. Weird!

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join