It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 195
<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

No, not avoided, at all.
Are any presented in the video? That would seem to be avoidance. Becuase there are more examples of it spelled correctly than not. Confirmation bias.

I don't think they are faked. Or typos. They are mistakes. The same mistake made by those who remember it as "stein." "Stain" is unusual, "stein" is not.

The human brain is hardwired to fit patterns. There is a pattern of "stein" as a name suffix. Not so much for "stain."

edit on 9/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No, not avoided, at all.
Are any presented in the video? That would seem to be avoidance. Becuase there are more examples of it spelled correctly than not. Confirmation bias.

I don't think they are faked. Or typos. They are mistakes. The same mistake made by those who remember it as "stein." "Stain" is unusual, "stein" is not.

The human brain is hardwired to fit patterns. There is a pattern of "stein" as a name suffix. Not so much for "stain."

Yes, there are some shown in the video, such as tickets for the Berenstein Bears musical, and some other documents. Confirmation bias goes both ways, although obviously there are far more examples of Berenstain extant. I also don't really have a vested interest in any of this or ME itself, although the Bears example is the one I can't quite wrap my head around yet.

I totally understand the psycho-linguistic pattern viewpoint on this.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

although the Bears example is the one I can't quite wrap my head around yet.

I totally understand the psycho-linguistic pattern viewpoint on this.

A seeming contradiction.
Cognitive dissonance?

edit on 9/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No, not avoided, at all.

So what pattern exists for "Dilemna"? Mna? Mnemonic? Surely "Dilemma" makes just as much nonsense.

I don't think we can say its about people 'correcting' words to the patterns they've been exposed more to, I think its a matter of all fitting patterns to have just as much reality as any other, depending on the individual and their perspectival context (ie. sensory environs).

Just because it isn't "Dilemna" in this context, for you or me, doesn't mean its not for someone else (and their versions of you or me).

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

If you think it is something beyond misconceptions causing confabulation then you need to prove that misconceptions causing confabulation is not the possible cause. I have tried to do just that, I can't. Hence, misconceptions and preconceived notions causing confabulations is the most probable cause.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Orborus

How about you actually put effort in? Dilemna vs Dilemma is not an ME. It's an actual wrong spelling of a word that made it's way into printed works and textbooks, specifically of English origin (UK English)

This explains Dilemna and why some people learned it wrong

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
4 seater, just like we remember.....clear picture, no photoshop...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

Source the picture please.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

it was a private picture someone posted on facebook .

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

So you have no source for this picture and are using it as evidence? Find that image in the Zapruder film or local papers from the time.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
No, what I am referring to is that it blows my mind that so many of us remember berenstein.

You and others are hypothesizing a psycho-linguistic explanation. That is a good hypothesis. But it's also not proven. Don't pretend otherwise.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

If you think it is something beyond misconceptions causing confabulation then you need to prove that misconceptions causing confabulation is not the possible cause. I have tried to do just that, I can't. Hence, misconceptions and preconceived notions causing confabulations is the most probable cause.
The thing is, as a fellow researcher you know that we can't falsify that at this moment with our capacity personally. It CAN be studied if we really had the time, money, amd man power. But to my knowledge none of us here have engaged in valid studies evaluating these hypotheses regarding psycho linguistics. Im sure that there are related linguistic studies. I want to be clear however that I'm well aware that the more outlandish theories about time distortions or conspiracy are defintely not falsifiable or able to be evaluated, at least with present technology.
edit on 19-9-2016 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
That's after the first shot.

Both of the people in the middle ducked away from view.
Look at the space between the front passenger and JFK.

Sorry, but still 6 seater.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

So you have no source for this picture and are using it as evidence? Find that image in the Zapruder film or local papers from the time.

There's no reason to doubt it's a real picture.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
re the spelling ones I up until very recently thought is was arablest but it turns out it is arbalest.

I don't think this is a ME thing just that i was spelling it wrong all these years (not that i use it much obviously).

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Mandella effect explained. (it's in your head)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That JFK pic is a bit of a microcosm of the whole ME thing.

Someone misunderstands what's there.
Then others call them a liar.

Sometimes everyone can be wrong,

And I'm not just saying that because I explained the pic and Mandolia (still not debunked yet)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phagei looked up berenstein/stain bears books on ebay, found stein is the search..but a pile of magazines authors of which were husband and wife team, and the pic clearly showed berenstain as the title of the series and authors names. i saved the pic. but you can do an ebay search, find it.
the pile of books/magazines is clearly old and since it is a picture, could not be edited by a search engine.
and i do not know what to make of it

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Here, let me help you as I am not biased and I won't try to post only a pic that proves my point like ME believers do.

The photograph Hidingthistime posted is available everywhere. It was taken by Duane Robinson and published in 'Paris Match'.

Here is another picture taken by the same photographer a few seconds earlier:

Oh dear me! 6 people in the car!

Link to the pic I posted: JFK by Duane Robinson

Here is a link to the site: JFK assasination

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
There's no reason to doubt it's a real picture.

It's all about perspective and points of views (as in position and moment)

edit on 19-9-2016 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha
Did the photographer get any pictures after the first shot?

I still reckon the photo was taken then.

top topics

<< 192  193  194    196  197  198 >>

join