It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 174
<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SheeplFlavoredAgain

No problem! Your life is more important than keeping up with ATS!

Thanks for remembering. January is good enough as I don't need to know the day.

There's so much weird stuff going on it's hard for me to keep track of it all anyway but I will keep that month in mind in case I come across anything related or am reminded as to exactly why I asked. LOL!
edit on 9-6-2016 by tweetie because: correction

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

In dementia etc, for example, you would have a bunch of people not remembering ANYThING the same....let alone thousands having the exact memories!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

In dementia etc, for example, you would have a bunch of people not remembering ANYThING the same....let alone thousands having the exact memories!

Thousands of people having the same false memories would come under confabulation. I'm sure I already explained that pages and pages ago.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm just going to put this out there, and I stress, this is my opinion, nothing more.

In MY timeline, this song was performed by Men At Work:

I mean, I can see in my mind's eye, Colin Hay rolling his eyes and turning his head in that strange way that he did that most of us loved, and yesterday I would have bet some serious duckets that this song was performed by Men At Work.

What seems clear to me is that The Outfield sounded similar (to me) as Men at Work. I could swear, even, that I saw Men at Work performing this song. But. I didn't. It's just those memory trails. That's what I call them. You wander down a memory frequently enough, and you cut a hard trail in which you can find your way easily -- it's a well-worn path. Sometimes a smell, or a sight or sound remind us of things forgotten, and those mental trails are overgrown, and not so well-trodden. They require a trigger to recall them.

That is my experience. I'm not crapping on any of you that endorse the Mandela Effect. I am willing to entertain the possibility of timeline shifts. A buddy of mine........... well, that's not really true.......... let's say a man I have communicated with many times and feel fondness for...... George Ure endorses timeline shifts and he has caused me to open my mind and consider the variables and possibilities and probabilities.

My mind remains open to new discoveries and experiences. My current belief, after much consideration, is that much of what we are talking about is mostly disremembering.

cheers
edit on 9/6/16 by argentus because: screwed up the youtube link

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Are you sure you mean disremember (a failure to remember) and not misremember (remembering incorrectly or imperfectly)?
edit on 962016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

They mean much the same to me. Remember, I'm an olde phart, and "disremember" was part of the vernacular of my time that covered both bases.

Still, I take your meaning. Within context of modern times, "misremember" would be more closely aligned with my intent. Thanks for the correction.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I have no idea how old you are or aren't lol.

It wasn't so much as a correction, but more of a need for clarification lol.

I guess you could disremember something and it gets replaced with a newer memory instead of misremembering it in the first instance.

I know what I mean lol.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

That is one of the aspects which sticks out the most about the ME.

I've been a long term witness to dementia and it was nothing like the phenomena we've been discussing here.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
So Jesus isn't going in return to earth and destroy world powers with his scepter?

Of course it sounds like something he would say.

a reply to: itanosam

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I want to add some "Mandela Effect" humor because this thread could use some. Here's a story from YouTube:

I feel unnerved. I've been ill, so I went in to my usual clinic yesterday. They had an NP intern do the initial workup on me. As she was using her stethoscope to check my heart, she placed it exactly in the center of my chest.
At first, I was going to say, uh, don't you need to move it over to the left?
I just let it go, thinking maybe this is a new way nursing schools are teaching how to do it.
Today, I find out our heart is in the center of our chest.
WTH???
Link

I found a 'change' today. Mariah Carey's "Heartbreaker" is one of my favorite songs. I've probably seen the video a thousand times. There are now old people walking by the dancers in the video 50 seconds in. In my previous reality, there was no one in front of the dancers in that scene. How are these tiny changes possible when almost everything else is exactly the same? There seemed to be some slight changes here and there in the video and I may be remembering some things wrong.

However, being a normal male, I would have remembered those old people for sure.

www.youtube.com...

All of this gives a new meaning to old phrases such as "in my day", "in my time", and "you can't take it with you." Perhaps these shifts have always happened but before the Internet everyone felt like "it was just them", so, they forgot about it?
edit on 10-6-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
thought experiment:

if everyone disregard their own memories as evidence for ME; pretend you dont have any memories at all:
What other evidence are there to suggest that ME is happening and is real?

Be it a psyop, parallell universes or anything.
Just curious as to what else there is, that points to something is happening.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: Phage

I was told that by the mainstream media, teachers in school and by people I know. I never stated it before in my life. I have seen video footage over the course of my life of large mounds of ice and footage of it melting and collapsing into the water. Some of the glaciers were so enormous that it was said that if one of the larger ones were to collapse into the ocean it could create a massive tidal wave that would emerge a large portion of surrounding countries underwater. Again, I never said this myself, it came from media figures mostly. It may have been sensationalist and untrue. I can only say that it was said.
Are you sure you're not mistaking all that footage with that from Antarctica, which actually is a continental landmass with sheets of ice that sometimes melt off of it.

I did used to think the arctic ice sheet was on a land mass when I was a child because of the whole "Santa lives at the North Pole" story. I learned it was a massive ice sheet. There ARE problems to the eco system and to polar bears because of global warming and the ice sheet breaking up.

Anyway, as far as I know the mental image you have of the Arctic ice sheet has always belonged to the ice sheet on Antarctica. It is extremely easy to conflate the two and I always had to struggle in school to keep them distinct in my mind so I could pass tests. And to remember where the Penguins live.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I want to add some "Mandela Effect" humor because this thread could use some. Here's a story from YouTube:

I feel unnerved. I've been ill, so I went in to my usual clinic yesterday. They had an NP intern do the initial workup on me. As she was using her stethoscope to check my heart, she placed it exactly in the center of my chest.
At first, I was going to say, uh, don't you need to move it over to the left?
I just let it go, thinking maybe this is a new way nursing schools are teaching how to do it.
Today, I find out our heart is in the center of our chest.
WTH???
Link

I found a 'change' today. Mariah Carey's "Heartbreaker" is one of my favorite songs. I've probably seen the video a thousand times. There are now old people walking by the dancers in the video 50 seconds in. In my previous reality, there was no one in front of the dancers in that scene. How are these tiny changes possible when almost everything else is exactly the same? There seemed to be some slight changes here and there in the video and I may be remembering some things wrong.

However, being a normal male, I would have remembered those old people for sure.

www.youtube.com...

All of this gives a new meaning to old phrases such as "in my day", "in my time", and "you can't take it with you." Perhaps these shifts have always happened but before the Internet everyone felt like "it was just them", so, they forgot about it?
I would not trust anything having to do with Jay-Z to be free of mind bleepery. He's a conspiracy theory unto himself and supposedly Mariah was initiated into his occult crap in the last year.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

originally posted by: alienDNA
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Im sorry to say, but Alaska and Russia has always been connected like that.
not for me it hasn't.... and there used to be a northen polar ice cap as well, gone now, along with the north pole. So were santa and the elves mermaides?
What do you mean, used to be? I just Googled "Arctic ice cap" and maps still show it. And still show the North Pole in the midst of an ice cap. And images show it complete with polar bears sitting on ice chunks. Suggested searches include the term "shrinking ice cap" and I also see maps depicting the shrinkage by comparing maps of the past size of the ice cap with current ice caps.

As for the Bering Strait, it's always been my understanding that a strait is not meant to be a huge separation between land masses. It's bigger than a channel but isn't meant to be oceanic in size. Technically it's actually the separation between two seas, not two land masses. In this case it's the separation between the Pacific and Arctic oceans.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Ack, so many mullets in one music video! Ah, the 80's. I loved that song. It was definitely by The Outfield. The lead singer for Men At Work had a much deeper more gravelly voice. The only stylistic resemblances between the two bands that I can recall was the way they used the synthesizer. But the synth was utilized heavily in most 80's pop and even a lot of its rock music. The Cutting Crew was another band that could easily conflated with The Outfield and Men at Work.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Im going to write something that might seem harsh to some people.
But it is the honest opinion of me.

I cannot be held accountable for your feelings.

Mandela Effect is NOT real.
I started out a skeptic, became a believer, became a skeptic, became an open mind, became a skeptic back to believer and back to skeptic again.
Well now Im here.

Mandela effect is not real.
The only thing that is real is your delusion.

Trust me.
Ive had quite the delusion myself.
I even believed I had poor memory, poor concentration, poor focus.

Its all bogus.

Mandala effect is nothing more than a few trolls making LOLs due to memory conformity while nourishing on feeble peoples minds, slow minds, incoherent minds, diluted minds, religious minds, and other weak minds.

Nothing more.
The Mandela effect is the biggest troll to appear on the internet as of yet.
Nothing this big has affected the internet before - in terms of troll.
Nothing.
Everyone affected by ME can easily be snapped out of it by simple conversation.

Conversation over the internet wont suffice though, it has to be in person.
But EVERYONE - yes YOU tiger, can be snapped out of it in a matter of minutes.
Just by someone talking to you.

This is NOTHING. This is bull****-
I urge you to quickly return to reality and pretend like nothing ever happened.
For your own sake.

Im perfectly honest.
I always was...

But Im serious.
This is not real.
Snap out of it. Put your focus on important things.

This is my official resignation of the Mandela Effect.
I bid you farewell, its been a strange ride, but Im glad I realized it sooner rather than later.

If anyone is truly suffering still from ME - please PM me, I have the means of breaking ANYONE free of this "spell".
Anyone.
If you feel like youre affected - please PM me. I will make you see the ridiculousness of this thing in a manner of minutes.
And this thread along with other threads on this subject - will just disappear and die.
Rightfully.

No need for debunkers. No need for anything really. But if you feel you are truly suffering and cant break free on your own, give me a PM and I will dispel you.
Trust me.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

Well I'm willing to let all the ancillary stuff like Berenstain vs Berenstein go. But the very original or "prime" phenomena concerning Nelson Mandela's purported death during incarceration still holds true for me. He died. He was not released in any of my memories.

I remember my shock and confusion on finding out the dude was still alive and kicking and very prominent in the affairs of his nation. That was some weird stuff I can't write off due to lack of attention or memory fault. I paid attention. My memories jive with that of a lot of other Americans, apparently.

He was a huge important controversial public figure. His death in prison pissed off legions of people and was reported and eulogized and mourned. It all died down. We all moved on. South African politics continued to struggle. On the Cosby Show twin grandkids were named IN MEMORY of Nelson Mandela and his still alive wife, Winnie. (Now apparently, it's in living tribute to). Time marched on, other things happened, and lo and behold one day I hear a dead man is president of his belageured country and my reaction is WTF?

I do not doubt that the Mandela effect does NOT exist AT ALL in South Africa. I'm sure everyone there and close to the affairs of South Africa remember their history exactly as it it written now, or there would have been an absolute chaos over there to have the world's first zombie president.

It exists in the USA for some crazy reason. The questions were and remain: why and how?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Did you ever come across this? It's a weird little "event" from 2007. Bush quickly backtracks after saying Mandela is dead. Of course, all sorts of people rushed in to echo that Bush was speaking metaphorically. Reuter's didn't seem to think so and, of course, they were attacked.

Article

Video of remark:

Now that I think about it I would love for David Oates (founder) to do a reverse speech analysis of what Bush said.

P.S. Of course, Bush has a well-known history of blurting things out and having to backtrack.

edit on 10-6-2016 by tweetie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

Did you ever come across this? It's a weird little "event" from 2007. Bush quickly back tracks after saying Mandela is dead. Of course, all sorts of people rushed in to echo that Bush was speaking metaphorically. Reuter's didn't seem to think so and, of course, they were attacked.

Article

Video of remark:

Now that I think about it I would love for David Oates (founder) to do a reverse speech analysis of what Bush said.

P.S. Of course, Bush has a well-known history of blurting things out and having to back track.
well....... one heck of a good find.... maybe they do know exactly what is happening and why....

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

YouTuber photohelix posted it six days ago in his last video. I don't know who actually unearthed it, him or someone sent it to him, but it sure made me say, "Hmm."

top topics

<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join