It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 159
<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Thanks for saying so.

A friend of mine recently said that the ones who try to drag you down and already down

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

OK, so I am going to break this post down for you since you keep reposting it.

I found a video of Michio Kaku analyzing Back to the Future

This is your science? An actual scientist doing a gimmick bit about a movie? Please, stop. Go find some real science. Link some peer reviewed papers please.

Let's move on from your joke above.

If my theory about entering an alternate reality is correct then there can be no evidence that exists in this reality to prove that I'm right

You say that, but then move on to the 5 points that could be why people misremember, which contradicts the above quote. Let's break those down one by one.

1. There could be copies of the film out there that were censored in different ways. For instance, some governments edit things from films in order to allow them to be shown in their countries. It's conceivable that the word "No" could have been changed to "Luke."

1) No, they would have surfaced by now.

2. There could be copies of the film out there with bad subtitle translations. Someone who's going by the subtitles only (not being able to understand the English) could understand "No" as "Luke."

See 1). The same is true of your points 3-5. So what you;ve done is created an unfalsifiable claim. You see, it could be one of the above, but your quote before that means your copout is "well, timeline changed, so that proof is gone".

Let's now look at this:

This is where Occam's razor comes in. I am making one assumption and that is I shifted realities.

Surely you realize that isn't one claim. For you to think it is one claim shows you are completely ignorant of all the science we know. You are claiming hundreds of things with that one statement. For you not to see that shows a cognitive issue and your next post drives that issue home:

If a person has 100 Mandela Effects, "faulty memory"/"bad memory" theory requires 100 separate assumptions.

No, that requires ONE assumption, one which has been proven by science. Memory is faulty and a lot of people make the same common mistakes. All 100 effects would fall under the same assumption. Namely: That person is putting too much faith in their recalled memories.

Ultimately, your post is a farce.

Also, the video of the woman earlier, the one you keep posting as well? She seems like she may have some type of mental issue, and I am not saying that to be rude. However, please note that she mispronounced Berenstain (even Berenstein) wrong at least two dozen times.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
originally posted by: Profusion

I'm flattered that you think I sound that young and that thin. But, I'm mortified that you think I sound that crazy. I must have completely ruined my reputation around here.

That's why I asked. I was hoping it wasn't you lol Guess I didn't entirely offend then but I'm glad I asked. Sometimes people open up differently in front of a camera than here, in text. More might come out on camera about some things and other things here, typing.

It was "McDonalds" in my previous awareness. This is one of those things that makes me think that people from different realities are converging on this one.

It's interesting that the Big Mac is still named the same, after the old reality. If this was a sudden, cold alteration in reality it should have become the Big Mc. Of course that name would have been horrible, but it looks as if there is intelligence behind this (some decision making.) Part of me wonders if corporations aren't re-imagining their names and logos and secretly paying for CERN or something to alter reality for them. Sounds like a Philip K. Dick novel. Part of me also wonders if they might be paying to damage competitors. For example, Depends changing to Depend. A lot of the company's success would have been due to the name. Now that it has such a comparatively weak name I will be interested to see if their sales drop. (Of course these are just thoughts. If corporations really had control over reality all hope would be lost.)

ETA: I just realized that in this reality it's "McDonald's", there was no apostrophe in my previous reality.

Strange, I don't remember one either. I remember McDonalds, and before that MacDonalds. Of this I am actually very sure. There absolutely was no apostrophe, ever. This is a very new change, thanks for mentioning!

You feel this way and then you want to ask me for my picture? Do you want me to end up dead?

I was just joking about National Security, but I'm sure they are all very alarmed. I would never ask for you to reveal your identity here. Some people are braver than others and will share a video or something of theirs. How unwise this is depends on how you look at it. If they can track you to a YouTube channel they can track you here.

edit: meant CERN, not HARP.
edit on 2-6-2016 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Sorry about your daughter getting scary test results. Nothing too serious I hope

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

So what sense does McDonalds Make? What is the purpose of the S? Was it one sign for two fast food restaurants?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Listening to it here

soundcloud.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
Again, you misunderstand.

In science for it to be empirical evidence it has to be observed via experimentation and be recorded for review.

You can't record the ME. The evidence available shows the memory is faulty. A scientific study would show this effect to be psychological in nature.

a reply to: tetra50

To be fair, I think it's you who have misunderstood:

Empirical evidence is information acquired by observation or experimentation. This data is recorded and analyzed by scientists and is a central process as part of the scientific method.

The scientific method
The scientific method begins with scientists forming questions, or hypotheses, and then acquiring the knowledge to either support or disprove a specific theory. That is where the collection of empirical data comes into play. Empirical research is the process of finding empirical evidence. Empirical data is the information that comes from the research.

- See more at: www.livescience.com...

Bolding mine, but the point being that no matter the collection, experimentation and methods of gaining data, this still relies upon our observation. And as humans, confirmation bias certainly affects both the pursuit of information and its dissemination.
tetra

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I was taught 52 States in school. Then I remember someone saying there were actually 51. Apparently now it's 50.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

Found the video and captured a clearer pic:

www.youtube.com...

Interesting find

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
"http://img.tradera.net/medium/884/228451884_18c98db6-cd77-4cb2-9c13-9684428a399e.jpg"

Volvo without the Iron symbol . Reality residue!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Habit4ming

I'm not that familiar with Bragg's personally. I remember a lot more ocean between the 'new' and 'old' worlds.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Did you read the very next sentence? Recorded and Analyzed.

You can't record and analyze the Mandela effect outside of Psychology. Hence, there is no empirical evidence.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

FYI that's the wheel emblem which doesn't typically have the iron symbol.
edit on 2-6-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
so it is verified -

reports are now coming in from sweden - and it is the SAME MEs as many of you have.

Mongolia and Faroe island being brand new countries.
China being too small. Russia is too big. North Pole has vanished.
Korea in the wrong place.

This is getting stranger by the minute. It is definitely not a memory issue, and if it is psy-warfare - then how come seemingly random people from the globe is affected.

well, the plot thickens!
It is NOT memory issue, it is NOT a reality change or two parallel universes colliding - although that is the most logical since that would explain everything - it is also the most improbable as there is no evidence to support it yet. YET.

*que X-Files Theme

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

yes, a big chunk of ME-ers does NOT remember the Iron symbol on the volvo logo.
The same people who also do not know about Mongolia and the other problems.

I think we should categorize the Me-ers in different camps now, to try and sort out how many parallell universes that actually has collided - if that turns out to be it.

Camp A
Faroe island doesnt exist
etc etc

Camp B
The volvo logo
etc etc

Someone?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

That's still a memory issue and one I have discussed as the only alternative possibility. Namely: People are subliminally having their memories changed as a type of psy warfare test. Test with small things first, and if it works well move on to other things.

I personally don't buy that though and think this comes down to either faulty memory or misperception.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Just had a thought, folks. There has been a lot of talk on different sites about The Simpsons and other shows predicting things like 9/11. This has been hard to get my head around. I am wondering now if maybe those predictions were 'slipped in' at a later date. If so, no one on these shows would have any memory of doing it (theoretically.)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

all my rationality also wants it to be just that. it wants it BAD.
but I cannot, seeing as how my mind is open to anything -
just dismiss the fact that so many people, im extrapolating it to be about 500k - share the same MEs.
They can even be put into different camps now.

Camp A shares THOSE particular MEs, Camp B shares THOSE. etc.
its just too much that defies logic - for it to simply be memory issues.

then again, if as you say, the psyop is memory implants - then yes, that would make sense.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Did you read the very next sentence? Recorded and Analyzed.

You can't record and analyze the Mandela effect outside of Psychology. Hence, there is no empirical evidence.

I haven't ever stated that you could, or that there was any empirical evidence.....
You seemed to state I misunderstood what empirical evidence is. The broader perspective I feel you are missing here is that any evidence is still hinged upon sensory perception and observation (obviously, using human sensory ability, such as sight.) Methods of "recording" are equally malleable, as well. This thread is not in a scientific forum, either. Rather it is exploring the possible explanations of so many having a common cognitive dissonance in regards to events in common, shared. In addition, much evidence of anomalous time, in fact, has been presented. What it means, is a whole different matter, perhaps.

You can be made to see or believe or perceive virtually anything. Once you do, you possess a natural confirmation bias, almost needing that to function within your environment and stay sane. The more we learn about this, the more we should be admitted we don't really know.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

correct.

top topics

<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join