It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
i notice a few years back before the bears thing that they sell a smelly oudor killing spray thing in the UK and I can always remember it being FABrese as in fabric. but nope seems its always been FEbrese...

www.google.co.uk...=febreze+name+change

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

This is freaking me out. I don't know if I can articulate very well why, but I'll try.

The death of Prince has really affected me very deeply. I loved his music and his voice and his intelligence...he was one of my idols as a teenager. I got the Purple Rain soundtrack for Christmas when I was 14 and I listened to it over and over, countless times. I memorized every word to every track and have played these songs countless more times in my adult life, (much to the amusement of my friends), and Let's Go Crazy was my very favorite one.

I would have been willing to bet everything I have that I know every single word of those lyrics by heart as well as I know the back of my own hand...right up until I watched that video. This is the part I'm finding difficult to explain.

I paused that video and recited aloud the spoken beginning of the song and the lyrics still came out of my mouth as fluidly as they always have, no hesitation. I have an eidetic memory. I can clearly see myself holding that cassette insert with the lyrics as if it just happened today.

Those lyrics have always been this way in my reality. The words have always been: "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called Life. Electric word, Life, it means forever and that's mighty long time, but I'm here to tell you...there's something else. The Afterworld". If I were to have seen this video out of the context of Prince's death, I would have just chalked it up to people misquoting the lyrics and dismissed it.

But that's not what happened, and here's the part that is really bothering me. The last line of the spoken lyrics is the problem. I do not believe coincidence exists, and now that I saw your post I am more sure than ever that something is not right about this whole thing.

The day he died I could not find, despite searching for more than an hour, a copy of that song from the actual soundtrack. All I could find was a foreshortened version of it from the movie itself and various later live performances. I was getting really frustrated and was already struggling with the fact that he died in an elevator, one of his worst fears. He was terrified of elevators.

I decided to take a breather from searching and started reading the various articles and whatnot that were posted that day. One of them had printed the lyrics to Let's Go Crazy. I thought that amusing in light of the fact that I had just told myself I was going to think about something else for a while.

As I skimmed down the page, the last line of lyrics grabbed my focus. It was completely wrong. They wrote: "If the elevator tries to bring you down, go crazy. Punch a higher floor." I was annoyed...here the man has died and the MSM can't even get his song lyrics right? I fed the title into Google and clicked the link for a site with the lyrics, intending to post the correct words in a comment. But when I found that line, it too was wrong. So I clicked another. And so on. Every one of them were wrong.

It upset me at the time quite a bit but it was getting late and I was just making myself more upset, so I decided I'd ask my sister the next day. I told myself it was just a bunch of sites copying the lyrics wrong from the same source or something like that.

Since that day, I've been busy and never did go back to search for the lyrics again, but it's nagged at me every time I've heard the song on the radio, which of course has been frequently as of late.

Then I saw this today and to say I feel shaken at the moment would be a significant understatement. I have to find a copy of the original cassette with the lyrics insert intact. I'm asking everyone I know. I have to see it for myself.

The lyrics I memorized so long ago from that last line are as follows: "So if the elevator tries to break you down, go crazy...punch Aisle Floor." Prince Rogers Nelson was found dead in an elevator, which he felt were portals for evil, on the ground floor...referred to in many office buildings, hotels and hospitals as the "aisle floor". The elevator in the song was symbolic for him...like slaying a monster by doing the thing it least expects you to do. Since he died, those lyrics have been erased and replaced somehow. And I want to know why. Thank you for posting that. My gut was nagging at me about this for a reason, I am sure of that now.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If someone will inform me on how to post a picture I have an old country Christmas album that belongs to my mother that has Reba's last name spelt as McEntire

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
My name is Glenn and some people spell it Glen. Which means sometimes I don't get emails. Dammit.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I've been reading this thread and it's been fascinating.

Here are my contributions:

The Tank man didn't get crushed, but there was a Chinese protestor run over by a steamroller a few years ago and of course the video ended up online.

Does anyone else remember Richard Dawson passing away in 2012? Does anyone else remember his death being announced maybe 5 years or so earlier?

Any Harry Potter fans out there? Anyone remember Colin Creeveys brother saying that he got pushed the lake in the Goblet of Fire? It wasn't in the DVD when it was released.

Just throwing it out there.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

I found this in a google image search for "adult diaper packaging"...it was one of the related images.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

More on the Depends:

mandelaeffects.com...

They say the site named depends.com was sold to the Depend company several years back...little blurb about it directly beneath the photo of the packaging. They've got stuff on Reba too, with photos.

And yes, they certainly were called Depends...my grandmother wore them when she was dying and I will always remember that stupid, cheerful box on the dresser in her room. One of those seemingly innocuous things that you never expect to become important later.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thing is, if there's an alteration of timelines, then why is there slip-through of different pasts. Heard about the butterfly effect with time travel stuff... Yet this phenomena sounds like a convergence rather than divergence, so some cross-talk must be occuring from two separate paths to bring them together. So maybe something more like the sci-fi of Sliders, with some previously independent timelines collapsing into one?

Weird and crazy, but interesting to ponder about.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Reverse image search.

edit on 28-4-2016 by fusionhunter because: (no reason given)

The original depend pictures have very little jpeg compression in comparison to any of the pictures with depends but I'm guessing the designer made a mistake or someone just added an s.
edit on 28-4-2016 by fusionhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Has anybody mentioned that Julia Roberts movie is called "mirror mirror" not "magic mirror"

Apparently it's magic mirror now?

I'm getting a lot of consensus from very grounded people.

Something is messing with us.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Ministry of Truth? Priming of the memory hole?

That is exactly what I was thinking if this is being done deliberately. Terrifying to think about.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Five people who are close to me all agree with the Mandela crew.

For all of us to have unanimous faulty memories just seems statistically improbable.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoxFulder
a reply to: yuppa

You may be right because I've noticed all these after a NDE. It also seems this current "life" of mine is duller, not as vibrant , and my senses are duller.

Well i kind of had a long time ot think on my wish to come back....and come to the conclusion it was selfish of me to do so. So when it comes time to literally take that bullet ill do it knowing its the right thing to do.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pauljs75
Thing is, if there's an alteration of timelines, then why is there slip-through of different pasts. Heard about the butterfly effect with time travel stuff... Yet this phenomena sounds like a convergence rather than divergence, so some cross-talk must be occuring from two separate paths to bring them together. So maybe something more like the sci-fi of Sliders, with some previously independent timelines collapsing into one?

Weird and crazy, but interesting to ponder about.

Not sure how to post this...

Page 3 of the thread from: incoserv

What if George Orwell was right about this (as he has been proven to have been about many other things) and we are seeing society programmed and primed to let reality slip down the memory hole as history is slowly rewritten.

Start with small, insignificant things like there name of a popular children's book or the name of a moderately successful singer. As the masses become accustomed to allowing their collective memory to be altered, it becomes ever easier to dump bigger and bigger pieces of the collective history down the memory hole.

That's scarier than any quantum shift. And also more plausible - in some ways, at least...
edit on 28-4-2016 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I really started to believe the Mandela Effect is really happening when a few weeks ago I found out Depends was now Depend. Just think of that for a second? Why would they call them Depend, it makes no sense at all and it's like calling Pampers Pamper.

So I went on and did a Depend search in Wikipedia and I found that someone edited the Wikipedia page in February

"18:02, 4 February 2016‎ Ppudate (talk | contribs)‎ m . . (6,550 bytes) (-3)‎ . . (the brand is Depend, not Depends. removed incorrect pluralization) (undo)"

How can it be that from the visible revisions no one has ever corrected the Brand Name from Depends to Depend? Something very strange is going on and it baffles me to see some of the comments by the non believers in this thread acting like everyone that believes the Mandela Effect are Crazy.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

originally posted by: dogstar23

As for Nelson himself, well, I had the entire Ice-T OG album memorized in 1991 (except the impossible to decipher few words from Nat the Cat in "Flyby")

This is an excerpt from Ice-T's 1991 spoken word "Prepared to Die", which is my personal proof to myself that he made it out of prison

Watch me flip and rip on the freedom tip, open your minds see the point of the Ice pick...Mandela did 27 hard ones, not in a windowed room but in a barred one, while his wife had tears in her eyes, the man IS a hero, he needs a Nobel Prize. But that'll never happen so I'm gonna keep rappin'...

I remember this coming out after Mandela had been released and the anti-apartheid movement was culminating. Several of the Mandela Effects which aren't spelling error-related, I have very strong memories of.

This brings up another ME that people are now claiming, involving the inventor Eli Whitney. Many swear that they learned in school of him being a black man, but now history appears to have him down as a white man. An internet search will verify this. I don't remember either way, but what I do remember are lyrics of a KRS-1 song "You Must Learn" from the late 80's/early 90's, in which he was singing about the accomplishments of historical black figures. In fact, that was the theme of the whole song.

Here are the pertinent lyrics:

No one told you about Benjamin Banneker
A brilliant Black man that invented the almanac
Can't you see where KRS is coming at
With Eli Whitney, Haile Selassie, Grand Bill Woods
made the walky-talky

Now, why would he have included Eli Whitney in the midst of the black pioneers if Whitney was a white man? The whole point of the song was to highlight the accomplishment of historical black people. And again, people are insisting they learned that Whitney was black in school. But now there is no evidence that he was black, except for those claiming the ME.

Eli Whitney WAS a black man. In sixth grade, our social studies teacher gave us a list of people who changed the world in various different ways.

Groups of us were given a choice between two people on the list and we were to research our innovator and then act out a skit of a moment in his or her life.

Our group got Eli Whitney and Isadora Duncan. We ended up choosing Isadora because most of us were girls and we outvoted the boys.

But I remember a boy making a racist remark about a black man having the name Whitney because of what it said when the letter "n" was redacted. I didn't understand the reference...my mother explained later... but the boy got sent to the office for saying such a hateful thing and did not come back to class that day. I will never forget that...I even recounted it to my own daughter years later. This is insane!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

that was the best reply i've ever read on this site. ever.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Has anyone referenced the 2005 niniseries The Triangle? Sometimes one small change would occur, sometimes massive changes. I expect it depends what is initially being changed, and how far back in time. Another possibility is someone might be trying to run visible-light-frequency current through electromagnets in an attempt to explore 'subspace' (similar to the 'failed' experiment in 1943), and accidentally affecting people and things in the past.

BTW, I consider the brain to be the 'hardware/firmware' and the mind to be the 'software/OS', so the mind would be able to remember the 'before' even after the physical world had changed. Sorta gives a whole new meaning to 'cloud storage'.
edit on 4/28/2016 by WAstateMosin because: to add possible relevant info

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
okay, this thread has officially blown my mind and i have to leave. . . .

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
a reply to: jacygirl

That's a fair point and I respect it. I disagree, but I respect it

I mentioned in another thread ( of which I won't mention the fictional character's name as it apparently causes trauma to multiple people on here...) about a recollection I had of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi where, near the end when the Rebels attack the death star, I am 100% sure a bunch of their ships collided with the shield and exploded before others pulled up in safety.

Now, I have tried to find any reference of this but no luck. Now, both my brother and I remember this. BUT... i highly suspect I inadvertently convinced him he saw that happen as well. None of my friends, also Star Wars lunatics, do not recall this memory. No one I have spoken to remembers this either.

So.. based on that - to me, logically, it's me who is at fault. Even though I can almost visually play back that scene in my mind's eye, it didn't happen. It was me who got it wrong.

(please don't say you recall that memory or you WILL blow my mind!
)

Two things:

I don't think the poster whom you continue to dig at above with the Darth Vader reference was actually referring to that name. You can probably figure it out if you take the time to read over the posts again. I'm sure you think your behavior is clever, but I promise you it isn't.

As far as your memory of Return of the Jedi, you and your brother are not imagining things. I saw that movie the day it was released, in the theatre. I was with my cousins and siblings in Pensacola, Florida on a re-Pat to the States from Saudi. It was a huge deal.

Yes, a bunch of their fighters did impact the Death Star's shield and explode exactly as you described...the rest barely pulled up in time to avoid the same fate and it looked so real that my sister started crying hysterically. Of course, it wouldn't look nearly as impressive all these years later, but it did happen.

The only thing I can figure as a possible explanation for that, since I've not watched it in years personally, is perhaps Disney had it edited and removed some of the original footage. As to a motive for that, I have no plausible ideas but someone else may be able to shed a little more light on that angle if it could in fact be the reason it is no longer there.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join