It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

We're not talking about 'evidence for' the 'theory'.

We're talking about the very clear truth which is present in the logical premise which I described in detail. You can neither prove, nor disprove - and that is logically undeniable. You just want to feel intellectually superior perhaps. That's okay, I can understand that.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Sigh. Again with the accusations.
I do NOT "want to feel" anything! I wanna snap you guys out of it! For gods sake!!
im done with you personally and wont be replying to you all you want is to laugh at me (which u already did), and accuse me of things i didnt even say - and now accusing me of wanting to feel superior. WTF man. go look urself in the mirror dammit.
good bye.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The reason Im getting upset is cause I genuinely feel like Im speaking with a wall

In the few years I have been a member and the 6 years prior to that reading a hell of a lot of threads and posts its the rarest thing for anyone including myself to be malleable, most are as solid on their stance as a brick wall, wont budge no matter how wrong they are shown to be.

I like reading ATS for entertainment and for a glimpse into people minds, how they express themselves, how they react.

I cant be sure everyone I interact with is honest with me or themselves for that matter, so I try to carefully compose my posts to see how people respond.

One thing I have learned is the more defensive one is about their ideas that deep down maybe even unconsciously they doubt themselves. hence the reason for looking for other like minded individuals to validate their beliefs.

Its easier and more exiting for the rush one gets when they think or believe they are from another timeline, they have discovered a rouge brown dwarf inbound, they are in contact with celestial beings, etc etc.

I went through the same thing of thinking I was becoming 'awake' when I dove in the deep end, now its just seeing the same thing over and over, a new boat arrives and those that are stuck in a certain mindset will jump on the new boat which goes in same direction and to the same destination the previous boat did, to nowhere but the start of new or transformed belief where there will be a new boat to jump on.

I guess its the circle of life, there are cycles everywhere in nature, cycles in people's professional and social lives, why not cycles in conspiracy theorists beliefs?

Its just astounding that quite a few cant see they are going around in circles, maybe they cant realize its the same ride because the scenery has had some minor changes, or it could be the madela effect

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Thank you for this. Needed that right now. Peace bro!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You were here BEFORE the alleged time manipulation happened.
Here in OUR joined reality.
I couldve spoken with you here on ATS before this happened, should we have met before.
Some of you joined ats a long time ago... so obviously you were here - NOT in another reality.

So how is that possible? you were here with the rest of us in this reality - before it happened - and you are here now.
Isnt it very likely you were here all along?
And that nothing changed in the real world -but something happened with you guys?

From reading the above, it's very clear that you didn't actually understand what I was writing about.

We were never separate, we were all in this singular, one shared reality. Then something happened, some external force (or an interloper with the power to move in & out of the timestream) acted upon traditional linear Time as we experience it. In disrupting the timestream, they introduced artefacts - changes - mostly small, but some were engineered quite strikingly. The ordinary flow of Time was then reestablished after each change, and the changes were suddenly extant in this singular, shared reality, in our past & present, immediately. There was no longer any evidence for the 'old order', the way that things were - the changes take full root in the past & present simultaneously, immediately on the Timestream being reestablished. All evidence for Reality sits decidedly on the side of the person who believes that there has been no change. The only evidence which can exist for the old order, is the subjective memories of those who - for some reason - escaped the conditioning process which occurred once the timestream was reestablished.

Many people have noted that there is a strange, subconscious feeling of being 'entrained' to accept the changes, if they contemplate their position on the veracity of a claimed change. Something automatically tries to convince the conscious mind that the change has not taken place. So this conditioning process, this conditioning effect, takes hold strongly if the conscious mind dwells on the possibility of being wrong about the perceived change. Those who refuse to contemplate the veracity of the change as they understand it, do not experience this strange subconscious drive to 'change their minds'. They trust their intuition, which resonates strongly in favour of there having been a change of some sort. These people experience the Mandela Effects - not necessarily all of them, perhaps they were properly conditioned for a few of them. Those who attempt to decide, consciously, if there has indeed been a change, or not, will come under the influence of the strangely hypnotic induction/ command to 'move along, nothing to see here...

edit on MayMonday1615CDT12America/Chicago-050034 by FlyInTheOintment because: clarification, phraseology

edit on MayMonday1615CDT12America/Chicago-050036 by FlyInTheOintment because: clarification, phraseology

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

It is not a "belief" like with religion or say the darwin theory, it is an undeniable EXPERIENCE.....

Sorry but the same can very easily be said with religion,

There are quite a few religious people that have become religious due to an experience that to themselves is undeniable.

If its not a belief tell that to the people that claim to be in your boat not to call yourselves Mandela experience 'believers'.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Why do you want us to snap out of it? Clearly then, it makes you very uncomfortable to have a rag tag bunch of folk wrestling with a philosophical/ metaphysical issue.

Would you have told Plato to snap out of it? How about Jesus? Or Nietszche?

You can't snap your fingers and expect people to think in the same way you do, life doesn't operate on such selfish principles.

If you don't like it, move along! I say that respectfully, of course you're free to stay and engage others if you like. But really, what's the point, if you think we're all so far gone? We all are discussing a strange metaphysical phenomenon/ shenanigan, and everyone here is free to do so. If we lived under the boot of an autocratic regime, and you were the head of it, then you could order us to snap out of it. But really, do I have to repeat myself?

edit on MayMonday1615CDT12America/Chicago-050044 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling, clarification

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

It sounds like we see things essentially the same way concerning creating reality. 

Now I have to face what it means when you can wake up one day in a world with entire continents in different places, with new countries, with cities in completely different places, with a different world history, and apparently a different body. Any thoughts on that? 

At first, it was frightening to me. I had heard nothing about the Mandela Effect before this. I had actually experienced three of these, but was able to explain them away.

Prince dying was what led me here. I was appalled at how his song lyrics were being misprinted by the media, felt it disrespectful. He and his music were extremely important in my life. I came here to see if there were any threads about him, and I saw this one at the top of my feed. I was curious about the title, so I joined the thread. I was absolutely stunned to read that the three things I forced myself to shrug off were not just my imagination...scores of other people had noticed them too.

Anyone who tries to trivialise the frightening aspect of this have no idea what they're talking about. It is obviously so frightening to them that they've reverted to childhood and launched passive-aggressive attacks on people here and resorted to mockery and harassment of anyone who refuses to back down from this...at least that's what I initially believed.

I have moved completely past frightened and find myself vacillating between anger and wonderment. Anger at the thought that this could be the result of either deliberate tampering or some irresponsible accident by other human beings. Wonderment at the possibility of having been the victim of some random cosmic accident.

The most difficult part of this for me is the frustration of not knowing the cause. I can accept that, either by design or by accident, my personal reality has changed. I believe that it is for a reason, and I am determined to find that reason. Nothing and no one is going to deter me, either.

Having said that, I also know that life goes on. I have to make peace with this because people are depending on me and I can't let them down. So I accept that my reality is this one and the former one is gone. Whether that is because of some psy-op or alien intelligence or time shift or some jackasses running a hadron collider remains to be seen. But right now, this second, reality as I've known it is gone. And no amount of mockery, derision or browbeating is going to make that any less true. I have to face it.

I do not believe such a thing as coincidence exists. I never have. There is a reason behind this. There is a reason we have all been drawn together in one place. We are a comfort, a port in the storm for each other, but there's more to it than that. And as I've come to terms with the fact that this is happening, like it or not, I've become more focused on figuring out what that reason is.

It's still difficult for me for many reasons. But I am no longer afraid and that has made a huge difference in my overall approach to this. I am viewing it as a challenging puzzle at this point, and learning a whole lot of things in the process. I can find positivity in this, and it keeps me anchored.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Just a thought: You didn't actually reply to the quoted part of my post, which was the crux of the matter really. I could say you dodged it, but maybe you were emotionally hard up at the time. Here's another chance to respond, if you would be so kind..

We're not talking about 'evidence for' the 'theory'.

We're talking about the very clear truth which is present in the logical premise which I described in detail. You can neither prove, nor disprove - and that is logically undeniable.

Thoughts? Is it possible for you to be absolutely proven right in this matter? Equally, is it possible for people who experience the Mandela Effect to be proven right?

Logic is a wonderful thing.

Introduction of artefacts = the Mandela Effect. No physical evidence would remain - a conditioning process would cause most people to casually accept the changes on an intuitive level, aside from those who experience the changes, who would intuitively know that something was wrong, and would have a clear memory of the old order of things.

Is it possible to prove, or disprove, such an effect? Remember that material evidence would be one-sided. However, that doesn't make for a fully proveable premise.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Those issues would be enough. But, when South America, Australia, Sicily, and Cuba are all out of place (not to mention many other such things), there's no possibility that it's a memory problem or that I was previously mistaken.

anything is possible.

I think all those things combined does point to two things you say is impossible which is why I said I am astounded by how you can be indirectly saying your are all knowing and infallible.

Countries that seemed to have moved is easily explained, however that would depend on how you contribute.

Being so infallible and the impossibility that your memory being flawed you should remember exactly how and where you came across to know the countries and cities were in places they are not here in this reality, you should be able to recall what atlas you saw these in, or if you have actually traveled to these destinations how you yourself navigated and plotted your course .

Another thing is how may times have you jumped into new timelines, its seems people in your boat seem to be discovering new things which they attribute to the Mandela effect daily, its impossible that just learn new things because as you indirectly say you guys are all knowing, its impossible to be mistaken.

Another posters that claims to have different internal body parts seems to be implying they have jumped into a new timeline or alternate reality numerous times the way I read their posts.

I read that other thread and I love the movie K-Pax, however it simply boggles my mind that you cant see the box you guys are stuck in, you can link to as many youtube videos, use many concepts brought up in movies as you like, its the same path taken by many before you that were convinced that something is not as it seems.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Good post, glad to see you're still kicking it in this wonderful thread (aside from the pedantic folk who believe they are right, and we are wrong - it's nice to know that they'll never prove it one way or another..)

Just a thought on the following, which suddenly seemed quite relevant:

I do not believe such a thing as coincidence exists.

Neither do I.

And neither do the good folks in military intelligence, all around this fair world of ours.

I sincerely wonder what they must make of all this. I've moved well past the idea that they are in some way responsible. I don't think they have the capability. I have moved straight for the explanation of manipulation by interdimensional 'nameless ones'. If any groups from Human mil-int were involved, it was merely as servants to the will of those truly responsible.

Seriously though, can you imagine the closed-doors meetings that must have happened concerning the Mandela Efect? Whether they had anything at all to do with facilitating the effect, surely they must have been fascinated as the 'movement' grew in awareness & numbers. Wow, I would love to have been a FlyOnTheWall at one of those sessions.

Perhaps, they would see this as a possible avenue for harvesting some sort of 'return'.. How they would do so, I'm not sure, this has literally only just crossed my mind. But they must have the old cogs turning, wondering how to best use this situation, or what can be learned from it.

Maybe they're already here?

edit on MayMonday1615CDT12America/Chicago-050057 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I'm reading your posts with interest, it's clear you are a genuine skeptic - nice to have you involved, it's good to see some intellectual honesty.

Just wanted to make a little point about the following:

Another thing is how may times have you jumped into new timelines, its seems people in your boat seem to be discovering new things which they attribute to the Mandela effect daily, its impossible that just learn new things because as you indirectly say you guys are all knowing, its impossible to be mistaken.

I would say that for an absolute certainty, there are no multiple timelines, or realities, involved. There is one timeline, and one reality - this Timestream/ Reality in which we exist, is being repeatedly manipulated, by some unknown force acting upon it, beyond the constraints of ordinary linear time as we experience it. That's how I see it. No need for multiple universes & multiple timelines. Just one world, one timestream - being manipulated by 'something'.

edit on MayMonday1615CDT01America/Chicago-050004 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
We were never separate, we were all in this singular, one shared reality. Then something happened, some external force (or an interloper with the power to move in & out of the timestream) acted upon traditional linear Time as we experience it.

And what is that external force?

In disrupting the timestream, they introduced artefacts - changes - mostly small, but some were engineered quite strikingly.

Who engineered this changes? Who has the power to create such external force you mentioned?

The only evidence which can exist for the old order, is the subjective memories of those who - for some reason - escaped the conditioning process which occurred once the timestream was reestablished.

So those who do not believe in this unprovable phenomenon are the weak ones who have been conditioned effectively.

It's just like a religion: the believers are the chosen ones by something or someone that can't ever be proven.
It's just like a religion because it relies on the supernatural and the unexplainable, and because it is a mystical 'experience' that the non-believers cannot comprehend.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I feel like I'm losing my mind. Apparently that is a common term associated with this effect.

I have been researching it for a few days and am with a lot of the "older" crowd (earthers I've seen it written)
where it was:
BerenstEin (not stAin)
Reba McIntyre POSITIVE! (not McEntire..that just looks dumb to spell it entire )
Jiffy Peanut Butter
The Ford, VW and Volvo logos (no swirly F, no line in the center, no male symbol existed for me)
Stature of Liberty on Ellis island ( no Liberty Island existed)
Mirror, Mirror (not Magic)
In THE neighborhood (Mr. Rodgers..which apparently is Rogers now)
Bruce Springstein (not SpringstEEn)
DenpendS (I worked in a grocery store that sold them and I sold them, stocked them all the time)
soooo many more .....

BUT, the reason I came her to post about it was one I just saw that I literally gasped out loud was when
I saw that Betty White, the comedianne, was still alive! I read that "internet hoaxes" killed her off many
times over the years but what I saw was not internet related. She was on EVERY news and entertainment
station all hours of the day for DAYS if not weeks. All kinds of actors and comedians came out of the woodwork
with stories about her and her life and days they worked with her. This all happened...can't say for sure
but in the last 2 years since time seems to be flying by now.

I have not had any personal experiences with this until yesterday. I went to see X-men Apocolypse and upon
leaving the theater, a woman with a child was walking sort of toward me in what we kind of think of
as the "lane leaving" (right side line moves out while left side moves in) and I kept thinking why she can't
go in the other lane and not walk toward me while she pulled this toddler along.

I walked by her and she called my name after a few steps passed her. I turned and did not recognize this person.
She said, "I almost didn't recognize you" and I still had no idea who she was. She introduced me to her kid,
her husband and 2 other kids came up and she said she had 3 kids now. I still do not know this person who
called me by name. I want to say I recognize her "energy" but not the person.

On another note, people are claiming they have noticed childhood movie lines and songs changed. I thought it
would be interesting to go back and watch a favorite episode of X-men Evolution I liked called Power Surge.
I knew every scene visually by heart, every line in the episode by heart so I thought this would be a good
test for me. I saw one change early on but then couldn't recall if it was right or not and let that one go. Then,
it started happening...I would repeat the lines as they were about to be said getting them all verbatim and
suddenly not only was the next word wrong, an entire line that had never been there before was inserted.

I would rewind and watch the new scene with new line over and over..it never was there before. I continued on...
I found 8 scenes, visuals, lines that had been added (or DELETED in some cases). I thought maybe it was an
extended version of the episode..nope it was as it always has been. I would suggest doing this experiment
to see if it has changed for you.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dreampsi

Bruce Springstein? Never heard that one before.
Is he jewish btw?
Is Springstein a real name?
edit on 30-5-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Imagine the energy you would need to power a device that could physically move a person from one parallel universe to another? It boggles the brain! A little napkin math leads me to the conclusion that it would take -- at least -- the full output of the energy from every star in the visible universe, and probably more besides (based on the amount of energy required to run the recent quantum teleportation experiment).

Clearly, that isn't going to work.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I hope you realise that I was just musing - I don't know the answers to all of the questions you posed. But that's kind of the point of the thread, isn't it? People who are experiencing the Mandela Effect are getting together and discussing the ways and means by which such things could have come about. So it's all about the speculation at this stage. Considering how loose an association of interested participants we are, it's quite reasonable that we haven't settled on any firm conclusions.

Simply quoting out my words and demanding answers is surely some kind of fallacial basis for debate. We're having a discussion, and floating ideas. My statements concerning what I believe to have happened, and my belief that 'a force' is responsible, are perfectly reasonable - you're being disingenuous to demand that I somehow know all the answers to this metaphysical conundrum.

I may decide to edit this post later to answer your 'points' more specifically, but at the moment it just looks like you're breaking up my prose so as to look like you're in command of the debate. Doesn't work like that, but I admire your effort.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

So those who do not believe in this unprovable phenomenon are the weak ones who have been conditioned effectively.

It's just like a religion: the believers are the chosen ones by something or someone that can't ever be proven.

Hogwash, pure & simple, and more than a little dishonest from you. Go back a couple of pages, and read my posts where I appeal to EVERYONE to stop treating this like we've been 'chosen', and to quit proselytysing. If you couldn't be bothered to read those posts, then you're lazy. If you did, and you're being selective in your mode of reply, then you're intellectually dishonest.

Which is it?

Go back a few pages, and you will see that I very specifically appeal against turning this into some kind of belief system. Disgraceful on your part.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dreampsi

Welcome. Don't worry, try to relax, this won't make you lose your mind. Many people are experiencing a form of dissonance as a result of these Mandela Effects, but simply being involved with people who also experience them, you may begin to feel a little more calm. It's not a cult, it's an ATS thread (the opposition will say you're signing up to a cult) - it's just a loose association of people who are discussing these strange effects.

Join in, and don't worry about the trolls who demand proof. I have shown that the Mandela Effect cannot be logically proven, or disproven - everyone, so far, who is cynical about the Mandela Effect in this thread, has chosen to ignore the very clear logical proof I posted around a page ago (simply stated, that ME can neither be proven nor disproven). They will continue to berate & post in disingenuous, illogical & Intellectually dishonest ways, because somehow that makes them feel better about the situation. Just ignore them, pose questions, offer ideas, and you will begin to see that others have started to come to terms with what is happening, without losing the plot. You'll be fine.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
I may decide to edit this post later to answer your 'points' more specifically, but at the moment it just looks like you're breaking up my prose so as to look like you're in command of the debate. Doesn't work like that, but I admire your effort.

I'm not doing anything of the sort, you explained what you think happened (speculation) and get upset because I asked you questions about it? That's not how a discussion forum works.

If you did, and you're being selective in your mode of reply, then you're intellectually dishonest.

I have read all the posts on all the hundreds of Mandela threads that keep on popping up every day. My last paragraph was in general, because many believers have said many times that they are special, you may have not but other believers have. But you have also implied that 'us', those who don't believe, have been conditioned. You have not because your intuition allows you to believe there have been a change. My intuition apparently is doing nothing of the sort and keeps me conditioned. This means that you are special/different, or how do you explain I am conditioned and you are not? How do you explain that only a tiny percentage of the world's population is not conditioned?

I refered to religion because this Mandela effect has become a religion indeed, for the reasons I have mentioned in my previous post. In another thread another poster said this is Jesus keeping the believers 'awake'. In the newest thread the OP says she is from a different timeline, which contradicts what you believe, as you said there are no different timelines.. And others have other theories. All I'm doing is asking questions, asking people to explain their ideas, and this upsets you?

Sorry, I thought this was a discussions forum.

top topics

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join