It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I'll be skipping your posts from now on.

Slam that mind firmly shut.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." - Arthur Conan Doyle

Exactly.

Well, multiple realities is not impossible.

Neither is there any evidence for them.

However, your explanation is impossible.

Why? I can prove that human beings are capable of mis-perception and faulty recollection. You cannot prove that alternate realities exist.

Many of us would be considered to be fine witnesses in a court of law.

Not if you go on the stand and tell the judge he doesn't know how his name is "really" spelled.

That trumps your opinion by a few thousand light years.

Please, please stop trying to drive yourselves crazy.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

And this how did they make me think that I used to remember things differently?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Please stop driving each other crazy.

One wishes :/
Like its more probable that reality changed - for some thousands of people -
than something happened to them.
Its so obvious that their minds are manipulated. But no. Of course it has to be reality changing and other completely magical stuff thats only real in sci-fi movies/books.

But noo, then I must be close minded and have my head in the sand - cause Im not open to the possibility of reality changing...

Well sure I am. Show me proof. And Ill believe it.
"omg there is tons of proof you just dont wanna see it".
No. There is no proof. Everything is debunked.

"omg lol you are lost, you are a shill, bla bla bla "

Thats how it goes. Back and forth.
I dont even try anymore.
Now all I wanna do is to get to the bottom of it.

You guys are already lost in the rabbit hole, I warned you, I called it - I said it would happen.
Now its happened.

When this ME fad reaches its peak - to slowly fade away -
What is left will be thousands of people seeking psychiatric care.
Trust me on that one.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CollidinParticules

Did you seriously just ask me that?
Ok.

I THINK it MIGHT be some sort of psychological warfare.
NOONE knows yet. But what it is NOT = Reality have NOT changed.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: TombEscaper

What you are preaching on this thread is Gnosticism.* I can respect that as a belief system, but you are cheapening it by seizing upon a silly internet meme as "proof" of its validity. Instead of desperately trying to convince the masses that their mistaken recollection of the spelling of proper names is the first glimmer of their incipient elevation to godhood, why don't you take your sermons to a loftier forum?

If what you are teaching is an Eternal Truth, you should not weigh it down with a silly fad that will be forgotten as quickly as it caught on.

*Gnosticism is a Christian heresy often conflated with Satanism.

Well, I wouldn't consider myself to be "preaching" anything, although there are some elements of Gnosticism in what I am talking about here. If you have an acceptance of Gnostic principles, it shouldn't be much of a stretch to accept a phenomenon like the Mandela Effect. Gnosticism de-emphasizes importance on the tangible, material world and looks at the unseen "spiritual" realm as a truer reality. As such, the illusory nature of the tangible world of matter becomes evident if it is being inexplicably manipulated from a higher plane.

This relates to something I've noticed about how people will claim to accept certain principles in concept only, but when something comes along to give it observable validity, they reject it. If you respect the Gnostic belief system and don't see it as foolishness, why would you consider something foolish that harmonizes quite well with Gnostic beliefs? The same can be said about those who see validity in quantum theory as a legitimate branch of science, and yet will dismiss the Mandela Effect as nonsense, which may very well be a manifestation of these postulations.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

And how do you think they MIGHT have convinced me that I used to remember things differently?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You seriously must be trolling. But Ill play.

I THINK it MIGHT be some sort of psychological warfare. PERHAPS some sort of psychoactive drug. I refer to MK-ULTRA.
This could be an experiment, to try out a new drug.
In the 60s it was L S D.
They surely have not stopped their MK-Ultra program, and they surely havent stopped researching new and more powerful mindfu** drugs.
At least Im very open to this possibility - since one thing is clear - Reality have not changed - and even if that were true - that is the LEAST probable explanation.
That should be considered WHEN ALL OTHER POSSIBILITIES are exhausted.
edit on 30-5-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Mongolia, the Faroe Islands, and the Principality of Andorra are new countries in my awareness. I found a new city today, "North Las Vegas." "Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region" in China is entirely new in my experience.

So there is no possibility that you just learned something new?

Before these new countries appeared you knew of every country and city in the world or the world you came from?

if so, this is what astounds me, the basic claims are the 'believers' not just the experiencers but the believers that their experience is due to them coming from another reality is that you are infallible geniuses with knowledge of everything and unable to be mistaken due to known and studies infallibility of the human mind in this reality.

You see, I can say I have experienced the Mandela effect on many things, my beliefs are reality is not what it seems, but the need to make myself unable to use logic and reason and conclude I am not omniscient is enough to say I was mistaken due to high number of other that have made similar mistakes, like Interview with a vampire, I was quite sure that is what it was it was called but using logic it makes sense it called what it is. for those saying it doesn't make sense because it means that there is only one vampire simply just haven't got ability to understand basic concepts of language and what things mean universally, they need to have their understanding of things to be correct universally even though they aren't and they look for others that have the same issues for validation that they are correct.

Its been done with so many ideas and conspiracies brought up in the past, now this seems to be new thing to cling to.

I guess its the nature of conspiracy theorists, reach for the furthermost possible explanation, I do it from time to time in my own head so I cant blame those in your boat for being as delusional as you guys seem to be, I mean it would create a delusional mindset if one was to come from another reality into one where major changes have happened.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You seriously must be trolling. But Ill play.

Because I am asking you to expand on your theory? You seem annoyed that you have to do more than just a driveby.

PERHAPS some sort of psychoactive drug. I refer to MK-ULTRA. This could be an experiment, to try out a new drug. In the 60s it was L S D. They surely have not stopped their MK-Ultra program, and they surely havent stopped researching new and more powerful mindfu** drugs.

And how does this affect me?

Reality have not changed - and even if that were true - that is the LEAST probable explanation.

All you can say is that nothing changed from your perspective.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

there is nothing to expand on.
Contrary to popular belief, Im NOT a shill or secret agent.
I dont know.

From my perspective yes, and EVERYONE ELSE but you ME-ers.

So what is more plausable.
The rest of the world being "blind" to reality changing -
or a few select people being manipulated.

I give up. Seriously.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Thank you! This is exactly my scenario as well.
I experienced it, dove straight for the rabbit hole - realized it was very very dangerous - got out - and thank god for that.
I tried my best. I really did.
Nothing worked. I saw more and more people getting more and more lost - and now I think most MEers are so far gone - NOTHING will make them snap out of it.
Which is why I started thinking - there is more to it.

So, that lead me to believe it just MIGHT be some sort of psy op.

Why in the F*** am I getting attacked? Its a perfectly reasonable idea.
Alot more reasonable than reality changing.

Alot of doublespeak is coming from alot of the MEers.

And a hell of a lot of hypocrisy, too.
You accuse US of attacking YOU - when it is YOU who are attacking US.
And there is no "US" btw.
there is "YOU" however. You who are ME-ers.
Thats all.
And you are indeed a "group".
Why even take offense to that?
Why even get upset?
You ARE a group of ME experiencers.

What are "we"? Some malicious force, driven by "archons", to try and silence you? No.
"we" are just people - that want "you" to effin snap out of it already!

I used to believe in aliens, reptilians, pleiadians, us being created in a "test-tube" scenario - which the story of Adam & Eve suggest.
I got into the Illuminati conspiracy, read all david ickes books, saw about a million documentaries. 9/11.
Literally everything.

But you know what?
Most of it turned out to be hogwash.
No evidence.
Most of it.
9/11 and Illuminati and the giant banking cartel - that is one hellofalot more feasible than lets say reptilians controlling the world.
At least there is PLENTY of evidence to back up alot of the claims regarding those things.

Now this ME fad happened. Had it been 5 years ago - I wouldve been right there with you - right in the middle of it..
Luckily I got a little older and a little wiser, I learned that Occams razor usually is a great thing to stand by - and to be RATIONAL about everything. Analyzing everything from every possible angle.

And if there isnt proof - then that is probably not it. And there are no proof that reality changed.
None. The only proof that exists are IN YOUR MINDS.
That is all.
You can point to stuff that allegedly changed all you want - but the only reference to it actually being changed - is your memories of the "old" way.
Thats it! Thats the proof! And that AINT PROOF DAMMIT!

The reason Im getting upset is cause I genuinely feel like Im speaking with a wall, a concrete wall - or a shield - and it just bounces straight off!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Did you read the post properly? If so, you have to concede that logic cannot discount the possibility of time manipulations resulting in the phenomenon we're discussing.

The Mandela Effect could be accounted for as artefacts being added to, changed or subtracted from the Timestream. This would include the result that all material evidence appears to sit on the side of the skeptic. The only form of evidence for the phenomenon would be the subjective memories of those who have escaped the conditioning process. However unlikely the Mandela Effect is - logic cannot refute the premise that some external force could be manipulating our reality. It cannot be proven, it cannot be disproven.

So why are you still here?

I have to conclude you like to feel like you're right about things. Even though you can never be proven right. And I guess that applies to all the pseudo-skeptics who've been haranguing those participants in this thread who believe they have experienced a Mandela Effect.

I cannot prove it, but it seems highly likely that you get a kick out of feeling intellectually superior. Otherwise what's the point in debating a point that cannot be proven or disproven? At least in the debate about whether God exists or doesn't exist there's a healthy back & forth, and at least a handful of scientific boons on each side (though again, it's not balanced, and is heavily weighted in favour of the skeptics).

In this Mandela Effect debate, there is no joy whatsoever on being on the 'experiencer' side of the line. The skeptics hold all the material evidence. Kind of makes for an easy, smug & self-satisfied, somewhat hollow 'win', don't you think?

Just my two cents.

edit on MayMonday1615CDT11America/Chicago-050056 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling, clarification

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Yes, home depot changing their name feels awkward, but atleast it is a provable name change. It sure is a good way to show how awkward the other changes feel too us though.... just wrong! Lol

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

It is not a "belief" like with religion or say the darwin theory, it is an undeniable EXPERIENCE.....

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Which in turn lead me to conclude it has to be a psy-op of some sort. Psychoactive drugs maybe.

LOL

I literally laughed out loud when I read that. So let's get this straight. There's an international conspiracy led by humans in which random millions of people are selected (with no particular common denominators between them), they are then drugged & by this they are made to believe that reality has changed? That's a very specific action for a drug. And how would we carry on with our normal lives if our faculties were so impaired by a drug? Makes very little sense, less even than the Mandela Effect itself.

You are fudging together an ad hominem which you hope will work to convince others that we are deluded and not to be trusted. Strikes me as kind of desperate debunking, but hey, whatever keeps your reality held together I suppose.

edit on MayMonday1615CDT12America/Chicago-050007 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

It is not a "belief" like with religion or say the darwin theory, it is an undeniable EXPERIENCE.....

The mind is strange and wonderful and often it cannot separate what is real from what you have dreamed or fabricated.
Am undeniable 'experience' it may be but this does not mean it actually happened or is happening.
Our minds fill in the blanks of about 90% of the information we process and our minds are absolutely prone to errors and mistakes and just plain making stuff up.

But sure - hearts used to be located elsewhere and countries are moving around secretly - it can't possibly be faulty memory, poor education or the like.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Did you read the post properly? If so, you have to concede that logic cannot discount the possibility of time manipulations resulting in the phenomenon we're discussing.

there is no evidence for time manipulation. there are bunch of theories, psychics support it - but its all theory.
no evidence. if there were - i would be very open to that idea myself.
but there isnt.
there are however evidence of previous mind manipulation thru black projects like mk-ultra - and there are evidence of memory conformity.
so those are at the very least - MORE probable than time manipulation.
I dont rule out anything - but until more evidence on time manipulation turns up - then the more likely mind manipulation or simply memory issues - are the current most probable idea.

By the way - if time manipulation were it- then I have a few questions.

You were here BEFORE the alleged time manipulation happened.
Here in OUR joined reality.
I couldve spoken with you here on ATS before this happened, should we have met before.
Some of you joined ats a long time ago... so obviously you were here - NOT in another reality.

So how is that possible? you were here with the rest of us in this reality - before it happened - and you are here now.
Isnt it very likely you were here all along?
And that nothing changed in the real world -but something happened with you guys?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

What?
Im getting seriously angry on these attacks based on confabulation of what im saying.
I said it MIGHT. and PERHAPS. Did i not?
Did i say it were a fact? NO.
I am THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX as to what it can be.

Using words like PERHAPS. and MIGHT and MAYBE.
Jesus fuc*** christ.
And where the F did you get "millions of people" from?!?

edit on 30-5-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

How is it provable?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I feel like I'm in the shoes "K Pax" in a certain sense (please see the video below). We can provide some evidence for our claims but it's nothing definitive. And, it can always easily be ignored by the skeptics. Unless something fundamental changes, it's going to be a stalemate between the believers and the skeptics from here on out. That's the basic idea behind "K-Pax."

www.youtube.com...

InhaleExhale,

I'll repeat what I posted in another thread:

A lot of people, including myself, feel like our Mandela Effect experiences are a result of shifting into an alternate reality. For instance, just today I found out that Las Vegas is in Southern Nevada. It used to be in Central Nevada (in my previous experience). It's not a matter of education or memory because I visited Las Vegas many times in its old location (in my previous experience). I drove a long distance, alone, to Las Vegas once in my early twenties (in its old location). I remember that vividly because I had never done anything like that alone before. There is no conceivable way that it was not in Central Nevada. I had to study a map to arrive there! And, I traveled to Las Vegas (in its old location) different ways on different occasions. I traveled to the city by car, by bus, and by plane. I've also been to Beijing many times in its old location (up a lot further north and to the west in China compared to where it is now).
Shifting Realities, the Mandela Effect, and Ultimate Justice

I actually wrote "Northern Nevada" instead of "Southern Nevada" in the original post linked to above because I was in such shock at that moment. Since then I found out there's a city called "North Las Vegas." That's a joke to me because "North Las Vegas" is way down south compared to where the city of Las Vegas used to be (which was up in Central Nevada). Beijing used to be located up near where "Inner Mongolia" is now. "Inner Mongolia" did not exist.

Those issues would be enough. But, when South America, Australia, Sicily, and Cuba are all out of place (not to mention many other such things), there's no possibility that it's a memory problem or that I was previously mistaken.
edit on 30-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join