It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 132
<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I came too late - you asked before me

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
I came too late - you asked before me

Well, you've got to be fast and ask before another time shifting happens and you forget the questions!
lol

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

"Jackwagon"

I was speaking to the thread, using your comment as base.
If youre not one who believes that connection, why did you take such offence?

edit on 27-5-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Ok. That genuinely made me lol and cough on my coffee. Nicely done!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
Ok. That genuinely made me lol and cough on my coffee. Nicely done!

hahaha thanks!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I still can't see how this supposed Mandela Effect can ever be proven true.

The biggest example that people keep referring to is the Star Wars reference of LIAYF vs NIAYF (the latter being the true and correct one).

Like many things, people are talking about events which have mass media coverage or pop culture influence. And typically, like the Star Wars LIAYF incorrect reference, things are taken out out of context and "re-contextualised" by changing the quote to make them context-aware.

ie: "No, I am your father " means nothing when just said as a quip or comment to a specific event. However, "Luke, I am your father" is easily recognisble as Star Wars and Darth Vader due to the "father" and "Luke" referencing. That quote was changed by pop culture and the media to suit their narratives and make it useful, as in being used in other films, tv shows, adverts, etc.

THAT is why people assume LIAYF as the original film quote. The ORIGINAL film, SW:ESB was always, always ALWAYS, "No, *I* am your father".

Summary: peoples' memories let them down. Simple as that.
edit on 27-5-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA

If youre not one who believes that connection, why did you take such offence?

Because of your generally snotty attitude and your outright claim to be crass.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
ME is real peeps! Look at all the "evidence". I experience it on a daily basis. My memory is perfect and never let me down.

Now, where did I leave my keys?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Exactly. Was about to write almost exactly this a little earlier.

It doesnt even make sense for him to say Luke, in the movie in that scene.
He is already speaking to him, why call him out by name like that.

And outside of the film, when making a reference - in order to even CATCH the reference, naturally the NO is changed to LUKE - so that everyone immediately gets it.

going "no i am your father" randomly, doesnt make much sense either.

And Im completely in shock on how many doesnt get this. Seriously. A 5 year old gets it.

If that is the biggest thing that makes people believe, then I have nothing to say but to make a big old facepalm.

Oki doki

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

a reply to: tigertatzen

I recently took a CPR class and got my CPR "license"

On the doll it was dead center as can be observed here aswell.
cdn.funcheap.com...

or here for better view
www.tekscan.com...

Then again, im no doctor and I didnt understand half of what you just said.

Youre absolutely right. I apologize.

Too convenient... Im leaning on her being a troll tbh

I'm a BLS instructor and so is my hubby. It's not dead center. It is slightly left of the midline. It appears centered in a lot of diagrams, but it is actually slightly to the left, and always has been.

Also, it's called BLS or Basic Life Support in medical circles. I think some classes still call it CPR, but just to clarify, it's the same thing. Only difference is, there are more compressions and less breaths, and it includes the use of portable ACD units. Everything else has stayed pretty much the same.

ETA: here's a good cardiac diagram showing the tilt that makes the cardiac notch in the left chest necessary.

www.m.webmd.com...
edit on 31271America/ChicagoFri, 27 May 2016 13:27:59 -050031pm31147America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: Link

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Barcs

Ive brought up some of the more "big" MEs, again, and noone seems interested at all in discussing them, I wonder why.
For example, AU/NZ, Korea, Germany and South America changing places. Or how that man in that video I posted, claims he lost 3 of his kids. They no longer exist. And more I dont really even remember.. No pun intended..

I still hold out hope that we can interview Tiger's friend regarding NZ. It's understandable if they cannot or will not after reading some of the banter and arguments in this thread.

A better way to go about this is probably to ask the person or people to to list the details of the specific differences in NZ and also explain when they noticed the particular changes and how much time passed between their observation of the old and their observation of the new. If we could find several people that have matching descriptions of how it "used to be" with similar recent time frames, then I would consider it evidence that it's not just faulty memory causing these things. For integrity purposes, I feel these interviews should be candid, so that confirmation bias or simply copying somebody's answer won't play a role.

Tiger, if you are reading this, please have your friend PM me(or ask them yourself and PM me), so we can go about this the right way (if they are cool with that). Posting the response directly in the thread will probably lead to it getting lost among the pages and pages of back and forth arguing. Even if your friend answers the questions through your account that will be fine. I'm just trying to look at this from an unbiased perspective while also attempting to rule out bad memory.

Also just wanted to say, if anybody else would like to help me with my research, please I encourage you to PM me with details and differences about major changes and events that you have noticed. Please use the format above for listing the times and changes and amount of time between the original and when you noticed the difference. Please be as detailed as you can. I'm starting a collection of these to help either try to confirm or deny that memory is a cause of this. Please do not PM me with word spellings and mismatches that could easily be attributed to memory. We are looking for major events / places moving (not just on the map, IRL because maps are not exact, they are rectangular and squeeze continents into that view when it's different on a globe), and others.

Thank you!
edit on 5 27 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Its not called BLS nor CPR here in Sweden, I just used the term I was most familiar with.
The instructor certainly didnt say anything about pushing down, a little to the left, it was indeed dead center. But perhaps SWE and UK have different versions than the US. In any case, doing it a little erroneous would still be better than letting the person die, right? Unless of course you're way off, down in the solar plexus region, or way left, right over the rib-cage..

edit:
Now that I think about it - wouldnt doing the compressions to the left be wrong, in regards to how narrow the breastbone is? And if youre not compressing the breastbone, youre compressing the ribcage - and that would result in you crushing the ribcage, no? At least, it might?
Again, I shouldnt even be talking about this, but since we are.. And Im curious, and I want to be able to do it right when and if the time comes.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Its not called BLS nor CPR here in Sweden, I just used the term I was most familiar with.
The instructor certainly didnt say anything about pushing down, a little to the left, it was indeed dead center. But perhaps SWE and UK have different versions than the US. In any case, doing it a little erroneous would still be better than letting the person die, right? Unless of course you're way off, down in the solar plexus region, or way left, right over the rib-cage..

edit:
Now that I think about it - wouldnt doing the compressions to the left be wrong, in regards to how narrow the breastbone is? And if youre not compressing the breastbone, youre compressing the ribcage - and that would result in you crushing the ribcage, no? At least, it might?
Again, I shouldnt even be talking about this, but since we are.. And Im curious, and I want to be able to do it right when and if the time comes.

Yes, if someone at least gets over the heart with enough downward force to compress the sternum, it will always be far better than doing nothing at all. That's exactly what we tell our students.

Worst case scenario, they break the person's xyphoid process or don't get adequate compressions. But until emergency personnel get there to take over, they're still the victim's very best chance at walking away from that. ACD units are good too, if there's actually a shockable rhythm, and pad placement on those can be a little off too, but of course it delivers an electric shock far more powerful than any compressions no matter who is performing them.

We don't teach public classes, only medical personnel and students. I'm not sure how they instruct or what their guidelines are. Could be very possible that they teach it that way for that very reason.

I never saw any of the diagrams where the heart was lower or the liver was larger than normal, so I'm having a hard time picturing that in my mind. Did you see any of those? I'm wondering if it was just possibly bad renditions...some of them are really cartoonish or disproportionate or distorted from being cropped to fit on a webpage?

And no, you won't compress the ribcage...it's still on the flat edge of the sternum, so you're compressing that. But underneath that left side of the sternum and slightly into the left lung area, is the cardiac notch.

It's the only place in the chest cavity that the heart is vulnerable at all (aside from crushing injuries or stabbing, etc.), and it is easy to puncture through the skin right there, through the muscle, at an angle and go right under the edge of the sternum right to the heart. The left lung is smaller than the right because of this little nest the heart lies in. It's still protected by the ribs, but it is ever so slightly to the left of the midline. It REALLY looks cool when you can see them crack a chest for bypass or autopsy...diagrams don't do it justice.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Thanks. I feel more educated now, on the subject

No, I didnt see any pictures that the heart or any other organ is in the wrong place.

Funny you should mention cartoonish, because that is actually what they used as "proof".
Comics, cartoons, drawings, and other renderings.

One person also put her x-rays on here, somewhere, but unfortunately, they changed back again to their "normal" position. Possibly due to nano-technology from smart meters.
Yup you read that correctly.
Im actually trying hard not to laugh cause when I typed that, it just felt so incredibly ludicrous but hey. It might be. I cant disprove it...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

a reply to: Barcs

Ive brought up some of the more "big" MEs, again, and noone seems interested at all in discussing them, I wonder why.
For example, AU/NZ, Korea, Germany and South America changing places. Or how that man in that video I posted, claims he lost 3 of his kids. They no longer exist. And more I dont really even remember.. No pun intended..

I still hold out hope that we can interview Tiger's friend regarding NZ. It's understandable if they cannot or will not after reading some of the banter and arguments in this thread.

A better way to go about this is probably to ask the person or people to to list the details of the specific differences in NZ and also explain when they noticed the particular changes and how much time passed between their observation of the old and their observation of the new. If we could find several people that have matching descriptions of how it "used to be" with similar recent time frames, then I would consider it evidence that it's not just faulty memory causing these things. For integrity purposes, I feel these interviews should be candid, so that confirmation bias or simply copying somebody's answer won't play a role.

Tiger, if you are reading this, please have your friend PM me(or ask them yourself and PM me), so we can go about this the right way (if they are cool with that). Posting the response directly in the thread will probably lead to it getting lost among the pages and pages of back and forth arguing. Even if your friend answers the questions through your account that will be fine. I'm just trying to look at this from an unbiased perspective while also attempting to rule out bad memory.

Also just wanted to say, if anybody else would like to help me with my research, please I encourage you to PM me with details and differences about major changes and events that you have noticed. Please use the format above for listing the times and changes and amount of time between the original and when you noticed the difference. Please be as detailed as you can. I'm starting a collection of these to help either try to confirm or deny that memory is a cause of this. Please do not PM me with word spellings and mismatches that could easily be attributed to memory. We are looking for major events / places moving (not just on the map, IRL because maps are not exact, they are rectangular and squeeze continents into that view when it's different on a globe), and others.

Thank you!

She just had a baby, and just got home a few days ago. I would have felt really awful if she had joined the site and come into this discussion only to be mocked and told she is delusional or any of the other nasty things that have been said here. She's a good friend, and she doesn't deserve that. No one does, actually.

She has lived in Brisbane for ten years now. Before that she lived in NZ. I asked her where it was in relation to Australia. Then I linked her the map and she was totally shocked that it is apparently now below Oz. I did not tell her there is a phenomenon and it has a name...she was being induced prematurely and did not need to be worrying about that on top of everything else. So she has no idea about the whole ME thing.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Thanks. I feel more educated now, on the subject

No, I didnt see any pictures that the heart or any other organ is in the wrong place.

Funny you should mention cartoonish, because that is actually what they used as "proof".
Comics, cartoons, drawings, and other renderings.

One person also put her x-rays on here, somewhere, but unfortunately, they changed back again to their "normal" position. Possibly due to nano-technology from smart meters.
Yup you read that correctly.
Im actually trying hard not to laugh cause when I typed that, it just felt so incredibly ludicrous but hey. It might be. I cant disprove it...

I must have missed that part somehow. All I can say for me personally is that I've looked at about 30 different diagrams in the last hour, and very few of them actually seem to agree on placement. I think it's probably the artists' placement. When I took anatomy and physiology in college, our professor would remove any models or diagrams from the study lab before exams that were not very well rendered, because they could be extremely confusing. It is possible that such a thing is the culprit here in this particular case.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

That could explain part of it. The mystery to me is A) Why it was always depicted at the top of the Canadian map and no longer is, and B) Why I always heard about the serious threat of it melting (and now I hear about Antarctica in this way instead.)

If there is a reason why all Canadian maps now cut off the Arctic that could explain that part. I find it weird that I have yet to find any maps online which show it the way that all maps previously did (in my experience.) Even if I search under "Canadian maps arctic" they still do not depict the arctic at all.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Actually the delusional bit, was for those who connect CERN to this.
And I seriously doubt an invited guest would be mocked. She might be questioned, but not mocked. Thats my firm belief anyway.
That said, I do understand that youre catious about that.

Yup. But logic seems to be a very troublesome thing to grasp, regarding ME. It seems that way, anyway.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

That's fine. If she just had a baby, she's definitely got her plate full right now. No rush at all.

I understand that posting in this thread might not be the best thing, which is why I hope to do it candidly via PM if you guys are comfortable with that
Thanks again!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Are they trying to say beijing is no longer in this reality???

top topics

<< 129  130  131    133  134  135 >>

join