It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 130
<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

What did the doctors say? You said you showed it but you left out what they responded

Did they confirm it was an alien or alien/hybrid on the x-ray?
edit on 27-5-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper
As many of us have been trying to convey again and again, the ME is not confined to a "long-term memory" issue. It's getting quite tedious, so I'm going to be brief.

I don't claim that it's strictly confined to long term memory issues. I'm just saying you can't rule it out as a likely cause for most of the simple ones, so it's still a valid possibility. You seemed to be claiming that you have ruled it out and debunked it, but you are doing it via faulty comparisons to short term memory and subjective evidence.

There is a mistaken belief (or dare I say, stubborn insistence) by the "nonbelievers" that things like the Berenstein conundrum are relegated to a bunch of 30 and 40 somethings that haven't thought about the Bears in decades. This is simply not true. If you do your homework, you will see that people as young as their TEENS have been astonished to see that the Berenstein Bears they remember have never actually existed. I personally know of youngsters who remember reading or watching the BerenstEin Bears, as recently as less than ten years ago. They are as adamant as any older person that they know what they remember, which is the e. So the continued drum-beating about long-term memory failure is a tired and useless notion that people will probably soon just stop even addressing.

10 years ago is hardly recent. That still qualifies as long term memory that gets foggier over time like all memories that aren't rehashed over the years. My point was that you were mistakenly suggesting that something everybody knows like the birthday song or your best friend's name, can be compared to a memory from 10 years back. There are studies that show this isn't true. People definitely remember things differently. It's not just a wild guess.

I'm not looking for easy spelling mistakes. Again, you can google and get 400,000 results for the misspelled word, "rediculous". That isn't evidence of ME, it's evidence that people heard the word over the years and pronounced it with an E because people say it with the long E sound, so they spell it that way. Back before spell check was everywhere, there were probably several times more hits for that word. There are just as many results for many of the MEs and tons of other misspelled words as well. Berenstain qualifies, regardless of how many people think they remember it differently. It's a difference of ONE LETTER. I know folks do not like when skeptics such as myself say things like this, but that doesn't mean we are wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a youtube ME video about "rediculous" changing spelling.

And again, as I mentioned to you with the Mr. Rogers song, regardless of how "long ago" these things were, these are not one-time incident memories. These are instances of prolonged exposure to the same thing; in some cases for years.

Prolonged exposure is irrelevant when they do not watch it for more than a decade afterwards, plus most people were children when they watched Mr Rogers. Memories deteriorate over time, do you not believe this? I watched Mr Rogers as a kid, THIS vs THE is another easy mistake to make. And you know what? I did remember it as THE when I hadn't seen it for almost 30 years, but after watching the intro song a few times on youtube recently, it came back to me and THIS actually is what I remember from childhood. It just needed to be refreshed in my mind to realize it was always that way. That's how the song always was, THE is just easier to say and remember, so folks remember it that way.

And this is only focusing on two of the ME's. Many of the others can be dissected to show that long-term memory is NOT an issue with these things.

That why I'm saying we need to focus on MEs that are major, rather than distracting ourselves from the issue with simple misspellings and THIS vs THE that appeal to childhood emotions and memories. I'm looking for solid examples where numerous people remember a major event much differently and it isn't a simple misspelling or difference of a one letter or word. Can you name some of those things?

I understand you're trying to remain serious, civil, and objective (unlike many of your fellow "skeptics"), but it is just getting tiresome, repetitive, and pointless to keep having to rehash these things.

How about we discuss some major examples of ME, then? I'm tired of discussing Berenstein / THIS / Mcintyre / NO vs Luke, etc as well. If this thing is real it goes far beyond simple name spellings and old quotes. That's what I'm trying to get to the bottom of.

Nothing to do with "easier on the tongue." The brand name was Depends.

Another easy mistake. 1 depend plus 1 depend = 2 DependS. It's easy to see how this mistake originated. You buy a pack of Depends. People add on the S to imply more than 1 or even a "pair" of depends, kind of like a pair of pants. Are we going to ever discuss these major MEs?

edit on 5 27 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
This is another of their "leaders". Thousands upon thousands of views on his videos.

This video is titled: "MANDELA EFFECT IS 100% REAL REALITY IS CHANGING"
And its dead serious, there is no way he is trolling.

Just watch it a little bit, Im not asking you to watch the WHOLE vid.. Dont want you to actually LOSE IQ points...
For those who dont want to watch, its basically the same thing rehashed again and again.
But yeah. This guy, seemingly is revered by alot of the believers.

Few days ago I watched alot of these videos, and read alot of comments. I felt disgusted and shocked, that there are so many who lack the ability and know-how, of that of a 5 year old child.

But I feel alot better today.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Ive brought up some of the more "big" MEs, again, and noone seems interested at all in discussing them, I wonder why.
For example, AU/NZ, Korea, Germany and South America changing places. Or how that man in that video I posted, claims he lost 3 of his kids. They no longer exist. And more I dont really even remember.. No pun intended..

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Another good one.
"mandela effect proof that earths geography is being deliberately changed"
Over 8500 views.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheCentristPhilosopher

Haha thanks but I have been affected by the Mandela effect as well. The KJV Bible has changed as well.
Isaiah 11:6 many say used to say lion and lamb. Now it says wolf?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
originally posted by: TheCentristPhilosopher

Regarding Dilemna/Dilemma

funny read

dilemna.info...

Sidenote: I also remember the Dilemna spelling, from high school. But then I 'forgot' that spelling and started using Dilemma instead.
In high school though, it was Dilemna.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I just found a comment that I agree with as far as I recall at the moment (outside of Rod Serling not Rod Sterling):

Berenstein Bears, Sex in the City, Interview with a vampire, Luke I am your father, Mirror mirror on the wall, If you build it they will come, Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get, Charles Schultz, Rod Sterling, Andrew Zimmerman, Barbara Streisand, Jiffy Peanut Butter, Fruit Loops, Looney Toons, Hailey's Comet, Uranus (pronounced your anus), Nobody does it like Sara Lee, Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood, dilemna, Jane Goodall worked with gorillas, Thanksgiving on the 3rd Thursday of November, Australia being further south and having a good amount of water in between itself and Asia, Mongolia taking up part of China causing China to be smaller than the US.
www.youtube.com...

There's more that I would add to that. The Pacific Ocean is way too large. Sicily is too close to Italy. I don't recall the Faroe Islands existing, I don't recall the Principality of Andorra existing.

There are lots of other issues like the size of Florida, the shape of Australia, and the position of South America.

I discussed more in the following thread:

Separating the Mandela Effect From Memory

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Just cause you dont remember Faroe Island or the size of a country doesnt mean you live in an alternate dimension. Surely you must agree with that?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA
What did the doctors say? You said you showed it but you left out what they responded

Did they confirm it was an alien or alien/hybrid on the x-ray?

I had to post on another thread as the anatomy one had been closed by mods when I came back. This was my reply:

No, the xrays don't look different, I showed them to two doctors and asked them if they saw anything strange or abnormal and they said no. They do think the person who had the xrays has extra fatty tissue that is shielding the organs, hence you can't seem them really clear. I see the anatomy thread has been closed, this is why I came here to give you the answer I promised. I don't have time to mark your xrays, but if I get a change I will. For those who have not seen the pics they are here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pic #1, on the left, under the 3rd visible rib, you can locate one kidney, not too clear but visible, in the right place.
Pic #2, heart, bang on in the middle, where it should be.
Pic #3 shows a normal sternum clearly connected to the ribs, the top 7 ribs are. You can also see the heart so clearly there. Pic #3 is the best xray, you can see it all very clearly, and the ribs are as they should be.
Pic#4,not much to see there besides spine and pelvic/thigh bones.

What do you think is different from other people? Nothing seems out of this world, however, bear in mind that this is just a couple of xrays that are not very clear and not a proper examination.

Is your friend a female?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Hmm.
If the ribcage wasnt connected at the front - then how would that work? You would be able to press your skin inward, clearly seing the tips of the ribs.
Have you ever in your life looked down onto your chest, to see the tips of your ribs like that? Nope..
Your memory is faulty... thats all it is... Please believe me...

Also, the heart is , according to your drawing, where the left lung is.. Thats not right...
Its at the center, SLIIIIGHTLY to the left, like seriously, too slight to even bother mentioning it.
Thats why CPR is conducted at the center.

Also, if the ribs where open like that, cpr would crush the ribs into your lungs.

NarcolepticBuddha explains it:

Here's what I think is going on-- You may be confusing some illustrated diagrams that are used as mock-ups of human anatomy and looking at them as if totally accurate. For example..if you see an ad for medicine or something, they'll slap up a quick diagram to give an illustration, (not meant to reflect 100% accuracy, but just to get the idea across effectively.) Also think of how diagrams and illustrations in textbooks change as you get higher in education. Anatomy charts for a primary student are going to look different than high school, and high school vs. college-level and so forth.

It sits inside the cardiac notch, located in the left chest. It's not quite so small that it's not worth mentioning, actually...the chest makes room for it, and that's pretty significant. The human anatomy is amazing like that.

BLS compressions are not done in the center. They're done about three finger widths from the left nipple, proximal to the midline. That includes the cardiac notch, which is the only "soft spot" in the chest surrounding the heart.

If compressions were done dead center, the pressure would never reach the heart through the breastplate to stimulate an electrical impulse. It is also the number one way people break the xyphoid process during BLS. That feels about as lovely to recover from as a broken coccyx...assuming the BLS is successful and the person actually makes it.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Awesome! This must greatly calm that poor girl who thought she had an alien body. Or rather, a human body - we are the aliens.
Now she can rest easy, knowing she is perfectly normal!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Honestly what really floored me was the Berenstein bears. My best friend too. That is what lead me down this rabbit hole. I would bet money on it being Berenstein. My friend too. I am an excellent reader and speller and remember it vividly being Berenstein. I will never believe it was Berenstain. That doesn't even look right. Yes memory is fallible, but I know when I was little it wasn't spelled Berenstain. Who knows what is possible? My memory isn't proof for everyone, but it's proof enough for me. It freaks me out to be honest, the thought of the unknown and what we think we know in relation to what could be a totally different reality. We just can't prove it to non believers. I guess it's like aliens or Bigfoot. Until you see one you may never believe.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Just cause you dont remember Faroe Island or the size of a country doesnt mean you live in an alternate dimension. Surely you must agree with that?

I don't have any idea if "alternate dimensions" exist. I absolutely do not think I live in an "alternate dimension", I am definitely here with you now.

Don't put words in my mouth. For all I know, aliens abducted me and rewired my mind. I'm not saying that's what happened but I would say it's just likely as any explanation for this to me.

In other words, I would put the probability of any theory I could come up for this at 0%.

It would be asinine for me to assume I know anything about any of this at this point.

originally posted by: proloz
Honestly what really floored me was the Berenstein bears. My best friend too. That is what lead me down this rabbit hole. I would bet money on it being Berenstein. My friend too. I am an excellent reader and speller and remember it vividly being Berenstein. I will never believe it was Berenstain. That doesn't even look right. Yes memory is fallible, but I know when I was little it wasn't spelled Berenstain. Who knows what is possible? My memory isn't proof for everyone, but it's proof enough for me. It freaks me out to be honest, the thought of the unknown and what we think we know in relation to what could be a totally different reality. We just can't prove it to non believers. I guess it's like aliens or Bigfoot. Until you see one you may never believe.

I felt the same way a while ago about "Berenstein Bears" and I ignored it because I thought it was nothing. When I discovered that a country called Mongolia exists between China and Russia, that opened the flood gates. That just happened recently, I'm still trying to come to grips with this.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Awesome! This must greatly calm that poor girl who thought she had an alien body. Or rather, a human body - we are the aliens.
Now she can rest easy, knowing she is perfectly normal!

She never replied to my post and today she said that human anatomy has changed again and that the xrays would have changed too. What can I say?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I recently took a CPR class and got my CPR "license"

On the doll it was dead center as can be observed here aswell.
cdn.funcheap.com...

or here for better view
www.tekscan.com...

Then again, im no doctor and I didnt understand half of what you just said.

Youre absolutely right. I apologize.

Too convenient... Im leaning on her being a troll tbh

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You dont remember Mongolia? Thats weird.
But that says more about your education than it does anything else.
You shouldn't be floored by things like that mate! *hug

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I recently took a CPR class and got my CPR "license"

On the doll it was dead center

I'm a nurse and we do CPR in the centre of the chest, lower end of the sternum.
www.sja.org.uk...

Unless BLS Tiger mentioned is not Cardio Pulmonary compressions?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

ah good. those instructions are precisely what I was thought.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You dont remember Mongolia? Thats weird.
But that says more about your education than it does anything else.
You shouldn't be floored by things like that mate! *hug

Mongolia was part of China in my previous awareness. I'm certain of that because I studied the map of China very closely. I recently did some research on Mongolia and I hadn't heard of any part of the country or its history. I had never seen the flag before. It has literally appeared in my reality. There is no way I could have missed it.

I was a bad geography student but that has nothing to do with me missing Mongolia's existence. Beijing used to be around what is now called "Inner Mongolia." I visited there several times where it used to be. It used to be to the north of Liaoning, not the south. Also, I would have remembered Liaoning bordering North Korea. There is no way that was the case previously, I would been very aware of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join