It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
Yes, like the word "hay" is pronounced. You're not wrong, actually. I phoned a friend on this one. My husband's grandma, who is from Mexico. She says there are many different Spanish pronunciations from region to region.

She said the word "guay" is pronounced differently in California and also in other countries. She also said it can be spelled three different ways. She believes that American English has influenced that with every language spoken here. It makes a lot of sense. The most predominate dialect spoken by Mexican Americans here is referred to as "Spanglish", more so by the younger generations. It's a pidgin dialect, and not always easy to understand, either.

Very interesting! Thanks for for the information!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: tigertatzen

Indeed. When I first learned that it was "No, I am your father," I accepted "Luke, I am your father" as a false memory, even though I was sure how it was. The video evidence of how it is seemed pretty conclusive. I even watched the film and he said, "No, I am your father." Any doubts that I had faded after hearing it in the actual film.

Strange thing: after accepting my memory as wrong, the memory actually faded away. Now I can only remember remembering. It was "Berenstein Bears" that really grabbed me and made me believe that something supernatural was at work, because I had so many vivid memories of that spelling, as well as various memories of discussing the spelling/pronunciation and of kids and parents mispronouncing it because of the spelling, as well as looking over the books for sentimental reasons here and there. It was then that I learned about the Mandela Effect and first believed that something was up.

It's really odd...because if I allow myself to give in to the (very specific) suggestion that it has always been this way, it has almost a hypnotic effect on me and then every time I think about it afterward, it sounds more and more natural.

But if I stop thinking about it for a while that particular way, it suddenly seems to clear the fog the next time I do think of it again. I don't like that feeling one bit. It feels like I'm being subtly coerced or guided. Like a mind game. And it sets off every alarm bell in my intuition. Every time I have ignored my intuition in the past, it has been to my detriment. So I'm not ignoring it anymore.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: tigertatzen
Yes, like the word "hay" is pronounced. You're not wrong, actually. I phoned a friend on this one. My husband's grandma, who is from Mexico. She says there are many different Spanish pronunciations from region to region.

She said the word "guay" is pronounced differently in California and also in other countries. She also said it can be spelled three different ways. She believes that American English has influenced that with every language spoken here. It makes a lot of sense. The most predominate dialect spoken by Mexican Americans here is referred to as "Spanglish", more so by the younger generations. It's a pidgin dialect, and not always easy to understand, either.

Very interesting! Thanks for for the information!

Thanks for prompting me to ask!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I did some looking for you and didn't find any results showing Stone as the last name. I came across a death certificate for Rose's premature infant son, too, and that states Lane as well. I was more into Laura and not Rose so I don't recall anything concerning her.

I'll keep an eye out for you.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: TombEscaper

I have demonstrated multiple times how the ME phenomenon, by and large, is NOT predicated on issues of long-term memory.

Now I must be having an ME because I can't remember you actually proving it even once. Since it can't possibly be that I am remembering things wrong, or am not suitably attentive, all of the posts where you proved it must have disappeared! Please explain why faulty memory/ inattentiveness/ lack of research cannot possibly account for the "Mandela Effect."

You're not having an ME. But you do have a strong case of self-delusion and tunnel vision; see what you want to see and don't see what you don't want to see. Twist and disregard what does not fit into your confirmation bias. I'm not going to bother rehashing what has already been established.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Let me be the one to ask you a few questions for a change. Seeing as how you equate full assuredness about certain remembered things with a declaration of having a "perfect and infallible" memory, do YOU:

use a GPS navigational system en route to every place you travel to; nearby friends' or family members' homes, your local grocery store, your bank, your workplace, etc?

No.

If not, why not?

Because reliance on GPS dulls one's navigational skills. When travelling to a new destination, I consult a map. A map is a form of stored visual information, compiled by others and therefore objective. If it has been some time since I have visited somewhere, a nearby suburb I haven't visited since childhood, I also consult a map. Why? Because I know that I may have forgotten the route, not having traveled it recently. Also, streets and highways are sometimes closed or revised, so I consult a recent map. As for my commute to work, there are times when, due to road closures or traffic jams, I decide to take an alternate route. This is when my navigational skills come into play: I know which major arteries run in which direction, which tend to be more heavily trafficked, etc. I also know which neighborhoods they pass through. If I am not in a hurry, I will actually detour just to revisit a neighborhood I haven't visited recently just for the joy of seeing how it has changed.

Do you have to pull out a lyric sheet to read from every time you sing "Happy Birthday" to someone?

Only if I need to sing the second or third verse.

If not, why not?

Because the lyrics and tune are very brief and redundantly encoded. Also, this tiny packet of information gets repeated frequently over time. Now you admit that you didn't know there was more than one verse. That's not due to a warp in spacetime... it's just that hardly anyone ever sings them so you didn't know they exist!

When talking to long-time familiar friends, acquaintances, and family members, do you first verify their names before addressing them by their names?

No, I pretend I remember their names even when I can't quite remember them.

If not, why not?

Because I don't want to create social embarrassment.

I am rather looking forward to what tactics you will use to duck, dodge, evade, twist, and manipulate this. I know you're quite creative in that way.

Not nearly as creative as you are. Now, once again, why do you think there is anything other than faulty memory, inattentiveness, or lack of interest/education involved in the "Mandela Effect" you have been trolling?

Gregory Hines himself would be impressed with this tap dancing!

Let me give a healthy synopsis of what has happened here. You have put forth the (nonsensical) premise that anyone who remains fully confident in certain memories is somehow claiming to have an infallible and "Godlike" memory. Those are the words you have used, which all can see, and you own that.

Hence, I asked you three questions that are clearly based upon the notion of ingrained MEMORY that you have full certainty of. But, knowing that if you answered the questions honestly and directly, you would fall under the self-indictment of claiming to have an infallible and Godlike memory (according to your own trollish logic), you instead danced.

So the first answer was dodgy from the start. Instead of confessing that you don't use GPS to get to your job, or bank, or local store because you confidently REMEMBER how to get to those places, you blather something about not using GPS so that it doesn't dull your "navigational skills." (Do you regularly compete in some sort of navigational skills contests that you have to stay sharp for?) Then you veer way off course (pun intended) and start talking about traveling to new destinations, when the question dealt strictly with familiar, regular destinations.

Then, when talking about commuting to work, the topic suddenly becomes alternate routes due to construction! And then you go on to talk about taking the "scenic route" to reminisce about the good old days. What does any of this have to do with the question asked?

I don't know about your navigational skills, but your bait and switch tactics need a lot of refinement.

As for the HB lyrics, you made an interesting shift trying to put me on the defensive about not knowing about extra verses to the song, to avoid the clear implications of the fact that if you were to admit that you don't need a lyric sheet to recite the words to the conventional rendering of the song, you are admitting that you have full confidence in the MEMORY of the words. Which would again cause a self-indictment that you are claiming an infallible, Godlike memory.

I find this highly entertaining, and I truly hope others have been following along our discourse here, to see the tactics being used.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You may have missed my post from earlier as it was crunched at the end of the last page and we responded to posts almost simultaneously.

You can't compare short term and long term memory on equal footing. The argument is not that people claim their memories are completely infallible as a whole. They claim they are CERTAIN in the details of a particular memory, usually from 10-20 years ago, which I do not think is possible unless you are one of the rare individuals out there with photographic memory.

I can be certain about a memory I experienced an hour or ago or even a week ago. But 20 years? It would be different if they had been reading the Bears books on a consistent basis for the past 20 years. Comparing remembering your friends first names and the birthday song, things you are consistently reminded of throughout your life, to memories that haven't been touched in 20 years is flat out faulty logic. Yeah, we can be certain of things we do or practice on a daily basis, but these MEs are old memories in most cases, which throws a a stick in your spokes when attempting to dismiss faulty memory as a potential cause.

Again, I'm not saying fallible memory accounts for every single ME out there, just that you can't discount it as a possible explanation for many of them. This is why I'm looking for examples that can't be dismissed as such.

edit on 5 26 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Interesting video showing evidentiary examples of various "ME's" many people can relate to.
Apologies if this has been posted already in this thread.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TravelleOn
Interesting video showing evidentiary examples of various "ME's" many people can relate to.

That is the best find yet!!!! Mostly or all from old newspapers. I have to watch it again. The author did a lot of work.

Everyone, please view the video!!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TravelleOn

Even more interesting is that this YouTube video author also seems to be a "Flat Earther" as well. Not a very good source IMO.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

We're not discussing the flat earth in this thread. The video is very pertinent to this topic.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Here is the original Froot Loops advert from 1962. It's always been Froot Loop. The other youtube videwo simply shows how people misspell things all the time.

Depend advert from 1992

edit on 26-5-2016 by Agartha because: Added Depend advert

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

That is the best find yet!!!! Mostly or all from old newspapers. I have to watch it again. The author did a lot of work.

at the very least, they can no longer deny us seeing it a different way, and REMEBERING THE DIFFERNT WAY..... as the evidence shows, we have seen it the way we remeber aferall.... even with the berenstein bears..... we obviously saw it spelled that way. It is spelled that way still everywhere!
edit on 26-5-2016 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

That's interesting. That would be like a commercial I saw as a child. The two lemons on the box are in place of the UI or OO.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

That's interesting. That would be like a commercial I saw as a child. The two lemons on the box are in place of the UI or OO.

From 1970

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TravelleOn

So the fact that journalists all make the same errors you are making now - is proof? Nope.
Try again...

edit:
also, how come not EVERYTHING changed, and these papers still exist?
Well... beacuse NOTHING changed.
People make errors. Journalists too.

i dont think some of you even realise what you are believing in..
edit on 26-5-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

At the very least, yes!!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

This one is so weird, but it is also one of the clinchers for me...... it has always been DEPENDS!

my mind can not accept DEPEND.....it is too wrong and creepy! Lol
edit on 26-5-2016 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime
This one I so weird, but it is also one of the clinchers for me...... it has always beend DEPENDS!

my mind can not accept DEPEND.....it is too wrong ad creepy! Lol

LOL I understand it is easier on the tongue to add an S.

Today I had time to rest and research a bit more on some Mandela stuff, and I'm sorry but it seems like media has made you all learn wrong spellings that have become ingrained in your memories.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

at the very least, they can no longer deny us seeing it a different way, and REMEBERING THE DIFFERNT WAY..... as the evidence shows, we have seen it the way we remeber aferall.... even with the berenstein bears..... we obviously saw it spelled that way. It is spelled that way still everywhere!

Some will still say we have "faulty memory" or that these evidences are nothing more than the result of a multitude of journalists being incapable of spelling simple and household words and names.
At the end of the day we do not need their permission,validation or acceptance of what we know to be true.

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join