It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: TombEscaper

Then, in your alternative, these localize warps in the space-time continuum (you know, the things nobody has yet proven even exist) are happening all the time, every day, everywhere, to a special breed of folks. Or, people are recalling false memories. Or, is there another potential cause? Heck, I would even accept as a more probable cause, mass hypnosis on a global scale as more likely than that unproven warping of space-time. At least hypnosis is a proven thing.

Well, the fact is that there are many possibilities to ponder as to what is causing this phenomenon, and nothing should be considered too outside-the-box to be incorporated in the suggestions. It is quite mysterious. But what is even more mysterious is why certain factions feel the need to continue to inundate the discussion with the already acknowledged notion that failed memory is amongst the possibilities, while ducking and dodging postulations that lessen the likelihood of failing memory being the true cause.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Because the bulk of the respondents refuse to accept faulty long-term memory as a potential cause. They continue to insist it is caused by the aforementioned and totally unproven localized warping of the space-time continuum. The responses are always of the affect, "I am 100% positive my memory is correct".

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

because if we are dealing with a multiverse/parallel reality situation, Mike "Berenstain" will always have remembered himself with that name.

Translation: "My memory is so infallible and Godlike that I can peer into the lives of others and know things they themselves do not know." How would you feel if I told you that you know nothing about your family history because I can recall it and you cannot?

This sort of obvious baiting should be removed. Its only purpose is to cause offense and stir up angry responses. People here have explained that no one has claimed to have "god like memories," yet it is stated yet again. The spirit of such posts is only to throw people off-topic, into going back and forth with negativity. ATS would be far better off without such trolling. Early on the thread had believers, non-believers and those who were just curious, and it was a wonderful discussion. When someone makes posts such as this, multiple times, they are clearly trolling.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

If failed memory had been acknowledged as an option this discussion wouldn't be taking place. Saying "I've considered it but rejected it based on my memory" means you never considered it in the first place.

The bottom line is the most probable answer doesn't suit you, so you look for one that does, no matter how fanciful.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

To be blunt? Your questions were stupid...

You fail to recognize the difference between recent daily repetition, muscle memory if you will, and recalled memory. You've resorted to yet another logical fallacy.

Once those daily or recent events have a good amount of time between them and the present they will lose the muscle memory and will be less accurate.

Reciting the correct lyrics to Happy Birthday and navigating oneself to familiar destinations are instances of muscle memory?

"Muscle memory has been used synonymously with motor learning, which is a form of procedural memory that involves consolidating a specific motor task into memory through repetition."

It doesn't seem that that's the case.

You and the other ear-pluggers/eye-coverers who continue to harp on the "memory" issue refuse to acknowledge that many of the ME's being experienced do not have as large of a time gap between what is recalled and what is now evident as you want to keep insisting.

I might suggest that you think the questions are "stupid" because answering them would bring a wrecking ball to your own inane argument that people who claim full assurance of certain things they remember equates to them claiming to have a perfect and infallible memory on all things. If you would dare say you have the song lyrics or local routes memorized to the point that you are fully certain, you are naturally opening yourself up to your own accusations of a "perfect memory" that you put upon others. And you don't want to do that, so "the questions are stupid."

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Because the bulk of the respondents refuse to accept faulty long-term memory as a potential cause. They continue to insist it is caused by the aforementioned and totally unproven localized warping of the space-time continuum. The responses are always of the affect, "I am 100% positive my memory is correct".

I have demonstrated multiple times how the ME phenomenon, by and large, is NOT predicated on issues of long-term memory.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

a reply to: hidingthistime

If you think it was awesome that's just more proof of the problem here. You are seeking confirmation bias.

Tomb lost all when he said:

willing to stay open to almost any possibility, including differing individual realities, convergences of multiple realities, and other unconventional viewpoints.

Because that isn't staying open minded. That is being close minded and refusing to accept that you could be wrong. The entire ME group veils this refusal as "being open minded", when in reality they are just being delusional.

Another example. I highly doubt he/she was stating that they are open to believe each and every theory that they hear for now on, even if they contradict. Obviously the poster was saying that they are being open minded to listen to the possibilities. But no, this poster who replied will determine that you have no credibility if you are open minded (and that open minded = close minded.)

This is just one of several psychological techniques that have been used over the second half of this thread. Sometimes it's blatant attempts to bait people into an argument, otherwise to intimidate people away from the discussion. Either way, it throws people off the discussion and things become personal.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I hope I am not falling into your "making it personal" category. I have never consciously tried to do that in any of my posts on this topic. All I seek is acknowledgement that faulty memory is the most probable cause given the nature of what we know and can prove exists at this time.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

It's perfectly cool to have your own opinions. Early on there were skeptics who questioned our views/experiences, and we just discussed things in a civil manner. Things have become complicated because of certain trolls. I think some people get caught up with their attitude and thus come across as one of them, and others may get treated as if they are for just for voicing their opinions. It was not that way early on, only after several posts made by the same trolls. I think those of us who have experienced the Mandela Effect have been pretty civil though, apologizing to anyone that we mistook for one of them.

In response to your point, it is not a faulty memory issue because, as I've written above, it involves multiple memories, and entire memories to do with the alternate reality (such as discussing how "Berenstein" is pronounced due to the "-stein" spelling.) Another huge factor in this is how we all remember it the same way. No one has argued that it was "Bearenstein," or "Berenteen," we all remember "Berenstein." As with all the other examples, we all remember the alternate spellings/geological features the same way. It is not a matter of faulty memory. I honestly don't know what it is and probably never will, but I am intrigued to make sense of this fascinating effect

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Agartha

and the obvious follow up to your excellent points on lingustics :

can any of the ....stieners sjow us a "stiener " claim in a language other than english ???

i would be most interested to see one from a country that does not use the roman alphabet

though i suspect that such a beast doesnt exist

however any foreign language source will be a start

can the stieners deliver ?

You won't find them amongst 'real' Spanish and Italian speakers, as the books were always read Berenst-Ah-EE-n. In fact, I remember realizing I was saying their name wrong when I was about 17 and I watched the cartoon for the first time. I say 'real' because those who grew up in an English speaking country would have said their name correctly, with the 'stein'.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
The Arctic is the most significant Mandela Effect because it possibly saved the world (human civilization.) I have encountered numerous people in YouTube comments (and some who make videos) who remember it as we do: a continent but not believed to have a land mass. I think that most don't like openly discussing it because it sounds pretty far out. As a Canadian, I saw so many news reports of the Arctic, and it was ALWAYS featured on the map above Canada, as a white mass (not all of it, but a lower region of it.) One day I was looking at maps of Canada for related issues and noticed that the Arctic was cut off all Canadian maps now.

That's very easy to explain: the Arctic was always depicted as this white 'continent' just to teach people it's there. The Arctic is still there, just as it was, smaller because of the melting caused by global warming, but still there. It's just been taken off the maps as it is not land, nothing else, nothing mysterious. Here's a pic of the ice marathon they have every year in the North Pole:

I can't confirm or deny Eurasia. It sounds vaguely familiar, but too vague to confirm.

Eurasia is still Eurasia, it still is one massive landmass, sometimes it's considered as one continent and sometimes it is considered as two, Europe and Asia.

edit on 26-5-2016 by Agartha because: Spelling...

edit on 26-5-2016 by Agartha because: I can't spell today..... lol

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

no - its evidence of delusional twits

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Jesus, this has been explained. James uses luke when out of context of the film. That's the proper place to use luke, which is why some merchandise had it written that way.

I never looked at merchandise, didnt have cable, and watched only dvds and vcr tapes most of my adult life.....

Why are you guys so deperate about this topic ????

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime
Why are you guys so deperate about this topic ????

Actually, the one that are pushing ME are the ones desperate, it is a type of Special Snowflake Syndrome,
"I cannot have poor memory, so it must be the rest of the world has changed"

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I can't wait until there are more funny images out there...
edit on 26/5/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I have demonstrated multiple times how the ME phenomenon, by and large, is NOT predicated on issues of long-term memory.

Now I must be having an ME because I can't remember you actually proving it even once. Since it can't possibly be that I am remembering things wrong, or am not suitably attentive, all of the posts where you proved it must have disappeared! Please explain why faulty memory/ inattentiveness/ lack of research cannot possibly account for the "Mandela Effect."

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Let me be the one to ask you a few questions for a change. Seeing as how you equate full assuredness about certain remembered things with a declaration of having a "perfect and infallible" memory, do YOU:

use a GPS navigational system en route to every place you travel to; nearby friends' or family members' homes, your local grocery store, your bank, your workplace, etc?

No.

If not, why not?

Because reliance on GPS dulls one's navigational skills. When travelling to a new destination, I consult a map. A map is a form of stored visual information, compiled by others and therefore objective. If it has been some time since I have visited somewhere, a nearby suburb I haven't visited since childhood, I also consult a map. Why? Because I know that I may have forgotten the route, not having traveled it recently. Also, streets and highways are sometimes closed or revised, so I consult a recent map. As for my commute to work, there are times when, due to road closures or traffic jams, I decide to take an alternate route. This is when my navigational skills come into play: I know which major arteries run in which direction, which tend to be more heavily trafficked, etc. I also know which neighborhoods they pass through. If I am not in a hurry, I will actually detour just to revisit a neighborhood I haven't visited recently just for the joy of seeing how it has changed.

Do you have to pull out a lyric sheet to read from every time you sing "Happy Birthday" to someone?

Only if I need to sing the second or third verse.

If not, why not?

Because the lyrics and tune are very brief and redundantly encoded. Also, this tiny packet of information gets repeated frequently over time. Now you admit that you didn't know there was more than one verse. That's not due to a warp in spacetime... it's just that hardly anyone ever sings them so you didn't know they exist!

When talking to long-time familiar friends, acquaintances, and family members, do you first verify their names before addressing them by their names?

No, I pretend I remember their names even when I can't quite remember them.

If not, why not?

Because I don't want to create social embarrassment.

I am rather looking forward to what tactics you will use to duck, dodge, evade, twist, and manipulate this. I know you're quite creative in that way.

Not nearly as creative as you are. Now, once again, why do you think there is anything other than faulty memory, inattentiveness, or lack of interest/education involved in the "Mandela Effect" you have been trolling?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Thank you for replying Krakatoa,but until you mentioned it now,i had no idea about thr stone cottage,first time i heard of it.I told my 18yo gal about this,and she wondered if maybe Rose's first husband Mr.Stone died and Rose remarried a Mr.Lane.

That was my first assumption too,so i tried to find something about it on google but could not.If someone could find any info pertaining to a divorce or her husband with the family name Stone dying+ her remarrying i would be very grateful.Because it's surreal and a bit creepy to find this anomaly.I spent my entire childhood knowing it was Rose Wilder STONE and to see it now being Wilder Lane is just foreign and WRONG.

(post by Raxoxane removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join