It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: Agartha

originally posted by: tigertatzen
I don't speak Italian, but I am fluent in Spanish and I can assure you that the letter 'a' is pronounced more than one way, just as it is in English...but rarely is it ever pronounced like the 'a' in "apple". The most common way is how it sounds when you recite the alphabet en Español: "Ah".

It's my second mother tongue and I can assure you 'A' always sound like 'A' it doesn't change.
The vowels in Spanish don't change sound, they sound the same all the time.
Perhaps it sounds like Apple for British, as Americans do have different pronunciation.

Yes, well it's my first language. The 'a' in apple sounds like the same letter in "hat" in America. That sound is not commonly used in Spanish. It is an "ah" sound. Like "hot". Exactly as it's pronounced when reciting the Spanish alphabet. Where in the world is the Spanish 'a' spoken differently? Not Spain, Mexico, Guatemala, Cuba or America. That's very interesting.

Eta: Sorry, but vowel sounds do change...I'm changing them right now with each word. In every language they change. In Spanish, for example, the word "Abuela"...both A's are pronounced "ah". But in a word like "guay", the vowel sound changes to a "long 'A'". Exactly like the A is pronounced when reciting the alphabet in English. It is an alternate vowel sound.

I could have sworn "guay" was pronounced with a long I sound. Since Y is like a vowel, it's like a combo of the short A sound plus the long E sound. Maybe I'm too used to South and central American dialects. Long A sound comes from E, usually. It's quite different from English where we can pronounce different vowels several different ways. With Spanish it's usually pretty specific. I could easily be wrong here, but I swear that's how folks say it.
edit on 5 25 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

The fact that so many want to go to the extreme of saying ME'ers are claiming a perfect memory, without acknowledging the obvious fact that there are different types and levels of "memories" really weakens any case they are trying to make.

Are you saying that the Berenstain Bears are such a life transforming experience that they have been seared so deeply into your memory that you are unshakable in your belief that it was not "Berenstain" all along?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I know what the premise is, and know it's false. I can give a reasonably accurate paraphrase of what you and others have been interrogating ME'ers with:

"Why are you so high and mighty with your Godlike infallible memory that is 100% perfect and can never ever be wrong about even one little thing?"

False premise.

That is not the premise, it is the conclusion. You have yet to explain why you refuse to accept that faulty memory is infinitely more probable than some sort of paranormal or paraphysical phenomenon.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA

I have read everything regarding that coasterbuzz thing. I've yet to see evidence. Im sorry I am not saying this to be difficult or to be a naysayer. Actually, the contrary.
Im more like Fox and "I Want To Believe".
Thats me. But I need some substance to believe.
And Ive yet to see any kind of substance here. Everything can be explained by the way our memory works.
Everything..

Sorry, I didn't get to this sooner. The coasterbuzz topic is a rare gem of a "bleed through" or "residue" that seems to exist at varying levels few and far between for all of the various ME's.

What the coasterbuzz situation boils down to are things such as a rational analysis of the statistical probability that every single person who mentions the Bears in that thread uses the stein so-called "misspelling." Not one person discussing them uses the stain spelling, and not one person mentions any type of misspelling happening there. A rare place in the world of the web in which the Berenstains never existed.

And this is NOT a "memory" issue. What you have there is a topic full of people discussing, what at that time was a contemporary ride existing at an amusement park that those people were all well familiar with at that very time. They were not reminiscing about reading the books 20 or 30 years earlier. So a "faulty memory" cannot be used here.

So with the "memory" issue eliminated, what you are left with is to ask yourself this: What are the chances that every person (eleven different people, if I am counting it right) "misspelled the name" the same way without anyone realizing it or using the correct name, or correcting anyone. Even Ockham would have to pause for a moment to consider a scenario as unlikely as a congregation of that size made up of unrelated people all misspelling the same word in the exact same way. (There is also a very similar discussion on Facebook from years ago that I had come across last year, and may try to track down again.)

On top of all this, do not forget that people literally in the thousands are claiming this ME, and have been cosmically sucker punched and bewildered that the Berenstein Bears they know they remember "never were."

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Here's something small that just cropped up. I happened upon the name of Laura Ingalls Wilder's daughter Rose. Now i read all the Little House books when i was a kiddie,i Loved them,and i knew her daughter was named Rose. Thing is,i remember her daughter's married name was Rose Wilder Stone. I am So sure of it. Now i see it is Rose Wilder Lane. I do not have the books from my distant childhood anymore,but i am so positive her daughter's married name was Rose Wilder STONE,Not Lane. Just wondered if anyone had an idea about this. I am So sure her last name was Stone,not Lane.But all google searches says Lane. Though if i did not see this tonight,and someone had asked me the name of Laura Ingalls' daughter,i would have said without hesitation Rose Wilder Stone. I read All the Little House books voraciously,and this name Lane just feels completely Wrong.Maybe someone can shed some light on this?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

So with the "memory" issue eliminated, what you are left with is to ask yourself this: What are the chances that every person (eleven different people, if I am counting it right) "misspelled the name" the same way without anyone realizing it or using the correct name, or correcting anyone. Even Ockham would have to pause for a moment to consider a scenario as unlikely as a congregation of that size made up of unrelated people all misspelling the same word in the exact same way. (There is also a very similar discussion on Facebook from years ago that I had come across last year, and may try to tra Eleven people out of ck down again.)

The "memory" issue has not been eliminated, you just ignore it. Eleven people out of 200+ million is insignificant. Let me be blunt: are you trolling?
edit on 25-5-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Is it possible you remember the fact that when she was older, she ....

After Rose returned from her travels, she lived at Rocky Ridge. She built a stone cottage for her parents and moved into the old farmhouse where she continued to write. In the early 1930s she began to work with her mother on the Little House books.

Source
Isn't it plausible that your old memory could have merged the stone cottage she built for her parents with her name? Thereby, in your memory becoming Rose Wilder Lane in a Stone cottage. Over time, the fading of other memories around the books and story blend together again and it becomes Rose Wilder Stone. You remember her name Rose Wilder, you envision the stone cottage, and it finally results in the false combined memory of Rose Wilder Stone as her name.

This is how memory works...especially as time passes. Memory is fluid, it does that, this has been proven scientifically in studies over and over again. What hasn't been proven even once it the creation of a localized warping of the space-time continuum where someone is transported between parallel universes.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

UTTER TWADDLE - another thread on another forum from deluded people is not evidence

a picture of the entrance showing " berenstien bears land "

THAT would be evidence

or a ticket , merchandice , empherea ANYTHING

its sad that you dont even know what consitutes evidence

You seem to be confused about the difference between proof and evidence. The coasterbuzz topic is most certainly valid evidence of a non-Berenstain reality.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

I don't believe any ME'er is saying faulty memory is an absolute impossibility in these circumstances

Then you haven't been following this as closely as you claim to...

I have, but I don't see or read things that aren't there, or impose preconceived biases in ways that twist and distort things people say into things they didn't say.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I know what the premise is, and know it's false. I can give a reasonably accurate paraphrase of what you and others have been interrogating ME'ers with:

"Why are you so high and mighty with your Godlike infallible memory that is 100% perfect and can never ever be wrong about even one little thing?"

False premise.

That is not the premise, it is the conclusion. You have yet to explain why you refuse to accept that faulty memory is infinitely more probable than some sort of paranormal or paraphysical phenomenon.

Let me be the one to ask you a few questions for a change. Seeing as how you equate full assuredness about certain remembered things with a declaration of having a "perfect and infallible" memory, do YOU:

use a GPS navigational system en route to every place you travel to; nearby friends' or family members' homes, your local grocery store, your bank, your workplace, etc?

If not, why not?

Do you have to pull out a lyric sheet to read from every time you sing "Happy Birthday" to someone?

If not, why not?

When talking to long-time familiar friends, acquaintances, and family members, do you first verify their names before addressing them by their names?

If not, why not?

I am rather looking forward to what tactics you will use to duck, dodge, evade, twist, and manipulate this. I know you're quite creative in that way.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

So with the "memory" issue eliminated, what you are left with is to ask yourself this: What are the chances that every person (eleven different people, if I am counting it right) "misspelled the name" the same way without anyone realizing it or using the correct name, or correcting anyone. Even Ockham would have to pause for a moment to consider a scenario as unlikely as a congregation of that size made up of unrelated people all misspelling the same word in the exact same way. (There is also a very similar discussion on Facebook from years ago that I had come across last year, and may try to tra Eleven people out of ck down again.)

The "memory" issue has not been eliminated, you just ignore it. Eleven people out of 200+ million is insignificant. Let me be blunt: are you trolling?

Quite a twist you put on things here. But anyone with a modicum of analytical intelligence will see through your tactics and understand that we are dealing with eleven people out of eleven in this situation, not the "eleven out of 200+ million" scenario you have spun. And I won't even bother answering your asinine question.

For the "moderate" skeptics on board here, these are the kind of dishonest, "cutesy" tactics that happen relentlessly and repeatedly, and end up putting you all in a bad light.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

That's not what I said...in Spanish and French speaking countries there is little if any variation in accent. Only the uneducated sound different, and I'm not saying that to be rude.

In English speaking countries accents can change just miles from each other.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Yes, that's why it's used...

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

And the video is 2 years old and has been posted on ATS before.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Yes, none of these changes make any sense. I don't think we've found one change yet that makes sense on its own, between the weird wordings and the geological changes.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

No, the original berenstain thread had people claiming 100% their memory was right because they were a teachers assistant among other things. True story bro.

edit on 25-5-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

So you are a troll? Listen, I've been accused of being a troll before and it's unfounded, however your statement is so wildly wrong that I find it improbable you didn't know.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Habit4ming

What do you think about Russia being right next to Alaska?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Reposting an earlier one I wrote in this very thread since nobody seems to want to address or acknowledge this analysis. I ask myself, why is that? Hmmmm.....

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: Raxoxane

Is it possible you remember the fact that when she was older, she ....

After Rose returned from her travels, she lived at Rocky Ridge. She built a stone cottage for her parents and moved into the old farmhouse where she continued to write. In the early 1930s she began to work with her mother on the Little House books.

Source
Isn't it plausible that your old memory could have merged the stone cottage she built for her parents with her name? Thereby, in your memory becoming Rose Wilder Lane in a Stone cottage. Over time, the fading of other memories around the books and story blend together again and it becomes Rose Wilder Stone. You remember her name Rose Wilder, you envision the stone cottage, and it finally results in the false combined memory of Rose Wilder Stone as her name.

This is how memory works...especially as time passes. Memory is fluid, it does that, this has been proven scientifically in studies over and over again. What hasn't been proven even once it the creation of a localized warping of the space-time continuum where someone is transported between parallel universes.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

No, the original berenstain thread had people claiming 100% their memory was right because they were a teachers assistant among other things. True story bro.

Claiming 100% their memory was right on one particular issue, not in a conclusive sense, as you and others twistedly insinuate.

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join