It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I just started another post where people can list their specific memories vs realities as this thread didn't come up when I did a search. Sorry!

Anyways, besides the typical examples of the small memory changes, I have also experienced a couple of personal examples.

The first was from my wedding day. As a bride, we go over every detail to make sure our day is perfect. Part of these details included (for me at least) picking the song that I walked down the aisle to...I chose Canon since I loved it and didn't want the typical 'here comes the bride' song.
Anyways, a few years ago my mom pulled out my wedding vhs and we sat and watched it. To my utter shock, the song that played when I walked down the aisle in the video was not canon. It was nothing I had ever heard before and my (and my parents) steps seemed out of step to whatever song was playing. No one else seemed bothered by this. Freaked me out.

While attending college in the late 90s, I had on two separate occasions (all within a couple of weeks of each other) a person come up to me, know who I was and 'claim' we were either lab partners or friends, yet I had never seen them before in my life. To this day I can still picture the exchange and swear I never met them.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: TombEscaper

When i was a kid, 'Snickers' was always called 'Marathon'.

Marathon was NOT a Snickers. Marathon was a long braded caramel coated in chocolate.

Actually...

Manufacturer Mars is to bring back the original name in a three-month trial...Marathon was renamed Snickers in 1990, after Mars decided to scrap the British brand and bring it into line with its global operation. For a period the wrapper of the bar carried both names, before Marathon was removed. The move made the bar something of a cultural reference point.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I saw the vampire thing a few days ago.. caught me by surprise, because I was dead sure it was Interview with a vampire. But after thinking about it, none of the things I have heard along these lines were so involved in my life, that I can be 100% on any being right. Take the Depends example. People that have heard about them have done just that.. heard about them. How many people have actually sought them out, and bought them on a regular basis? Word of mouth over time does get mangled. I've always heard they were called Depends.. but honestly, I've only heard it from other people.. I didn't buy them myself. I did not buy the book Interview with the vampire, and so on. So.. could just be mistaken on all of them.

But.. does seem weird. : )

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: wesleyapril

I too have started "seeing" these changes (some family members too). I also suffer from some of these physical ailments but yet there is nothing medically wrong with me.

I'd love to see a picture of an empath.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I was a cashier in a grocery store before my back injury.
We sold "depends", I saw them often.

The kids at work had tons of old people jokes where the punch line was always "depends".

ScubaGirl...I was going to invite you over here to this thread, but yours is getting busy now too! The wedding "music" story is very freaky...thanks for sharing.

I know it's not my thread but I'm really pleased to see so much input!
jacy

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: wesleyapril
Also, you will more than likely share some of the same physical symptoms - that those that see the changes do - insomnia, sick stomach, dizzy, headaches/migraines, ear ringing, jaw pain, shoulder pain, trouble finding words - i.e. the room with the car in it. Sometimes we are forgetful also.

I've had all these symptoms for a year or more now. I've always had reoccurring ear ringing, and insomnia was a serious problem of mine in the past, less so lately. The most noticeable thing with me lately is how I stumble through my words at random lately, for no reason than I can determine. I never had this problem before.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Will be back to continue reading later. FWIW I have one other post on here under a different name- but was unable to track down my login info for it. I tell you all this so no one thinks "Someone else here said that once before in a Mandela Effect thread!"... it was probably me:

Regarding the Mandela Effect and Billy Graham, I have a book at home written by Glenn Beck in which he references "the late pastor Billy Graham" (or something to that effect) but the key words being THE LATE. The copy I have is from a number of years back. Online checks find the same book now does not have the term "the late" included in this line.

I am left wondering.... did Glenn Beck simply make a big mistake that slipped through editing? Did He experience the Mandela Effect and legitimately think Graham was dead, and its been corrected in more recent publishings?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

originally posted by: MysterX

When i was a kid, 'Snickers' was always called 'Marathon'.

Marathon was NOT a Snickers. Marathon was a long braded caramel coated in chocolate.

I don't know what country you live in but in the UK Marathon absolutely was changed to snickers and was the same type of bar it is now.
edit on 28-4-2016 by bitcoinforever because: .

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here is another memory that is real to my 2 siblings and myself. The tv show Rudolph the red nosed reindeer.

In this show the elf Hermie wants to be a dentist rather than an elf. Bumble is the abominal snow monster who is mean and scary. Near the end, in my family's version, bumble tries to eat Hermie but Hermie spots a cavity and pulls the decaying tooth, relieving Bumble's pain. Bumble then becomes a happy snow monster and takes the group back to the North Pole where he gets the job of putting the star on top of the tree.

However in today's version, bumble is mean until Hermie pulls all his teeth out and they drag him back to the North Pole.

Both versions are familiar, and my head starts to spin thinking of both....

I have these dual memories quite frequently now....one feels 100% certain, the other wrong. Then as I think about it more, one becomes fuzzy almost like a dream, and the other sounds plausible.
edit on 4/28/1616 by ScubaGirl because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I have seen many TV commercials with them in the past, showing and saying, "Depends." I have also worked and shopped in grocery stores over the years. It was always "Depends." I never in my life heard of a product called "Depend." It's actually a horrible name. Just say it aloud a few times. Doesn't roll off the tongue at all, nor stand out visually. Add an 'S' however and suddenly it works, which is why they named it that.

Some of these changes seem small but they're really not. They ruin brand names, songs, film titles, etc. They are obvious mistakes that would have been fixed before the release of the product.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I have a general question/observation.

If the past is not immutable, and the future is not written, WHEN THE HELL ARE WE?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jlb99

I am left wondering.... did Glenn Beck simply make a big mistake that slipped through editing? Did He experience the Mandela Effect and legitimately think Graham was dead, and its been corrected in more recent publishings?

That raises a very interesting thought: maybe the reason why some things in print maintain the old reality and not the new version is because they were written in the 'space' of the new reality. What I mean by 'space' of this reality is simply that we are in the 'space' of the new reality now, the old one no longer existing. Yet, we can bring it here in a way, by discussing it. As you can see, our posts are not changing after we submit them. The same goes for old articles or books, it seems.

In another thread on the Mandela Effect we were discussing how it is possible that different people have their own worlds in a sense. Meaning that the outer reality can change but you can still maintain your own personal reality. "Berenstein Bears" are now "Berenstain Bears" and always were, but it doesn't necessarily change your own world/space. It is possible that we make a sub-conscious choice whether or not to accept the new reality changes. As some suggest, perhaps those of us who are more psychic/receptive of such things pick up on the shift and do not embrace it, thus holding onto our true memories of events.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I LOVE that!

It seems to leave us floating around in the doorway of the future, doesn't it? Our steps disappear or reshape behind us and the tunnel ahead is dark, but we must believe it all has a purpose of some kind

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
It is the Billy Graham one that has me convinced something is not all that it seems , I can remember watching his funeral on the television with my folks when i was young and getting a bollocking for saying there is another dead head gone to jesus , They were hard core Christians and i mean hard core , so this sticks in my head and i never let slip in front of them again

Rock Promoter Bill Graham died in a Helicopter accident and there was a Big funeral, Billy Graham the Reverend did not die.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I speak three languages fluently and the Mandela effect seems to be happening only to English speakers. I have searched for the same effect in both Italian and Spanish, without success: a few websites talk about the phenomenom but as something happening to North Americans only. Also, most people from Italy or Hispanic countries I asked about this, have no clue what I am talking about, nobody seems to remember Mandela dying in the 80s, for example.

I have said on another thread that, due to phonetics, I remember the Berenstain always with an 'a', as people read the name with a Latin sound ('a' always sounds like 'a' in apple). And I suggested English speakers may remember the spelling wrong due to the the pronunciation in English (sounds like 'ei' just like 'ai' in pain).

If anybody has examples in Spanish or Italian please feel free to post them for me to read, I only ever found one website that talked about it but it was Mexican/Americans which also grew up with English.

So why is the Mandela effect only an Anglo-saxon thing?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Yes I see this now.. nefarious forces are hard a work changing the timeline.. focusing on the name of a children's series of books, Spelling of names and song lyrics. OMG who will save us from this?!?!

Seriously, there are a lot of real issues to deal with in this world. People remember things wrong, read up on how memory works and this comes as no surprise. In fact it would be a surprise if everyone did remember everything exactly the same. That would be scary.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

the proble, [ and solution ] IMHO is that the correct spellings = counter intuitive , the delusions always change to a more common spelling that has near identical pronunciation - just run through them

this has been raise my myself and others in previous posts // threads - but hey the special smowflakes keep on being special

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Agartha

the proble, [ and solution ] IMHO is that the correct spellings = counter intuitive , the delusions always change to a more common spelling that has near identical pronunciation - just run through them

this has been raise my myself and others in previous posts // threads - but hey the special smowflakes keep on being special

Sorry, I must have missed it in other threads. I absolutely agree: it is about pronunciation, hence there is no Mandela effect for non-English speakers (or at least Italians and Hispanics).

My question to believers is: if people really come from another Earth/dimension, why does it only happen to English speakers?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Pete Townshend has always been Townshend...used to annoy the crap out of me with the silly H in the name
Marathon became Snickers
The Billy GRaham funeral thing is confusion relating to the death & funeral of Ruth Bell Graham which was widely shown on tv and I believe people heard Billy's name and the graham name repeatedly and it stuck with them that Billy had died
Berenstein and McIntyre are more common and instantly recognisable whereas Berenstain and McEntire are not and seem out of place
And the fact that it only happens to English speakers is quite honestly probably due to the ludicrous spelling we all have to endure due to our language being created from soooo many sources over the centuries resulting in many words sounding the same but spelt differently etc

Shared false memories as they call them are far easier in these days of internet as stories can be around the world in minutes through youtube facebook twitter etc and the more the stories are talked about the more they become embedded in our brains as fact. Inaccuracies abound in places such as Wiki and Facebook and plenty of others. Millions read these "facts" and believe them and often based on nothing more than "it said so on facebook".I've lost track of the amount of celebrities that have supposedly died multiple times!

This whole Mandela thing is a ridiculous "theory" that simply fails to take into account the way the human memory remembers and prioritises things
edit on 28-4-2016 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have a few mandela effect experiences, but they are personal. Where I'll be somewhere in a situation and remember that the very same situation happened in a totally different way because I made another choice in the past. Its like I'm experiencing two different realities. Similar to deja vu, but not quite. It feels like deja vu, but its a "memory" of a present event that didn't happen because I made another choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join