It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: hidingthistime

I've watched every video you've posted. All English speakers, mostly american.
so, you watched well over 6 hours of video I just posted 2 hours ago again, and managed to make an opinion about it? Its a miracle!

edit on 25-5-2016 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Youre lying again. Obviously he meant he watched everything you presented so far including videos.
you didnt post one 6h long vid 2 hours ago.
so your argument falls by your own fallacy to seek confirmation bias from your peers.
its kind of embarrassing at this point and i wouldnt recommend it. it just hurts your case and anyone with two eyes and a brain can see it...

again im not saying it to be mean, im calling it like i see it.

edit on 25-5-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

I don't believe any ME'er is saying faulty memory is an absolute impossibility in these circumstances

Then you haven't been following this as closely as you claim to...

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You posted 6 hours of video within the last two hours?

Edit: Just checked, sure enough, you haven't posted anything *new*.

This Thread

Other Thread

The 6 hours of video you are referring to are from the second thread. I've already seen those videos, they are YEARS old and have been linked here before.
edit on 25-5-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

a reply to: tigertatzen

You missed what he was saying. Yes, It is said differently depending on the word, but location in the country rarely if ever changes how the word is pronounced.

Are you saying that everyone in the US pronounces every word precisely the same? Words are pronounced differently all the time from region to region. That would be a different location in the country yes?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA

Youre lying again. Obviously he meant he watched everything you presented so far including videos.
so your argument falls by your own fallacy to seek confirmation bias from your peers.
its kind of embarrassing at this point and i wouldnt recommend it. it just hurts your case and anyone with two eyes and a brain can see it...

again im not saying it to be mean, im calling it like i see it.
stop accusing me of lying! You are discrediting yourself. He just replied in my other thread on 6 hours of video from a man, that I just posted a few hours ago. I havent even fin7shed watching it yet! You are not seeing what they say to me in the other threads, and it looks foolish when you accuse me of lying, when in fact, 2 hours after I posted the 6 hours of footage, he stated opinions on the 6 hours of video! Sometimes he nearly qotes any skeptic he can find in the comments, without in fact watching himself. Even tiny 5 minute videos, responding less than a minute after I post it. Maybe he is the one who learned to travel back in time! Lol

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

originally posted by: tigertatzen
I don't speak Italian, but I am fluent in Spanish and I can assure you that the letter 'a' is pronounced more than one way, just as it is in English...but rarely is it ever pronounced like the 'a' in "apple". The most common way is how it sounds when you recite the alphabet en Español: "Ah".

It's my second mother tongue and I can assure you 'A' always sound like 'A' it doesn't change.
The vowels in Spanish don't change sound, they sound the same all the time.
Perhaps it sounds like Apple for British, as Americans do have different pronunciation.

Yes, well it's my first language. The 'a' in apple sounds like the same letter in "hat" in America. That sound is not commonly used in Spanish. It is an "ah" sound. Like "hot". Exactly as it's pronounced when reciting the Spanish alphabet. Where in the world is the Spanish 'a' spoken differently? Not Spain, Mexico, Guatemala, Cuba or America. That's very interesting.

Eta: Sorry, but vowel sounds do change...I'm changing them right now with each word. In every language they change. In Spanish, for example, the word "Abuela"...both A's are pronounced "ah". But in a word like "guay", the vowel sound changes to a "long 'A'". Exactly like the A is pronounced when reciting the alphabet in English. It is an alternate vowel sound.
edit on 31532America/ChicagoWed, 25 May 2016 14:53:05 -050031pm31145America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You posted 6 hours of video within the last two hours?

Edit: Just checked, sure enough, you haven't posted anything *new*.

This Thread

Other Thread

The 6 hours of video you are referring to are from the second thread. I've already seen those videos, they are YEARS old and have been linked here before.
how did you manage to hide everyone elses posts? Here is the thread in context....

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-5-2016 by hidingthistime because: Tiniest keyboard in the world!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Yes, I linked to that thread. So I was correct, I have seen every single video you posted. Even the most current ones which are several years old.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
May I ask when those videos were made/posted on YouTube? If they were posted before today, then isn't it possible they have been seen before you stumbled across them? Also, just because you posted links to them here only a few hours ago does not mean they have not been previously posted and/or seen by others. This is another example of snowflake mentality. Since you only posted them recently, then nobody else has seen them in the history of the world or in the past. The universe knows nothing until you reveal it all to us uninformed masses.

Guess what, you are not that special....and....neither am i to be honest.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
May I ask when those videos were made/posted on YouTube? If they were posted before today, then isn't it possible they have been seen before you stumbled across them? Also, just because you posted links to them here only a few hours ago does not mean they have not been previously posted and/or seen by others. This is another example of snowflake mentality. Since you only posted them recently, then nobody else has seen them in the history of the world or in the past. The universe knows nothing until you reveal it all to us uninformed masses.

some of the videos he pooh poohed were posted yesterday and and others could be older.

Snowflake? Really? Kind of immature withnthe degrading low blows... not even worth responding to people with that mentality.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Eta: Sorry, but vowel sounds do change...I'm changing them right now with each word. In every language they change. In Spanish, for example, the word "Abuela"...both A's are pronounced "ah". But in a word like "guay", the vowel sound changes to a "long 'A'". Exactly like the A is pronounced when reciting the alphabet in English. It is an alternate vowel sound.

LOL we speak the same language and yet we don't agree!

In English the letter 'A' sounds like 'a' in apple, 'ei' like in hate, 'o:' like in all, 'e' like in any, etc.
In Spanish, whether long or short, 'A' always sound like A, manzana, banana, Panamá, España, always the same sound.

My apologies to the OP as I'm not sure us discussing our mother tongue is related to the OP!
hahaha

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

Snowflake? Really? Kind of immature withnthe degrading low blows... not even worth responding to people with that mentality.

Really? Then why did you respond then? Because you cannot just admit you might be wrong, or could be the one with the obvious narcissistic attitude. At least that is how it seems to me based upon your post history. I will openly and publicly admit when I am wrong (and have in the past). Dare I challenge you to do the same?

edit on 5/25/2016 by Krakatoa because: Fixed formatting of quotes.....no, wait, it was the Mandela Effect, yes that is it. I cannot be wrong.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

some of the videos he pooh poohed were posted yesterday and and others could be older.

I must admit that I have never heard the "special snowflake" line before joining this thread, and I find it baffling. I'm not going to look it up, but in my reality at least, science states that no two snowflakes are ever identical. They are inherently unique. So...maybe I'm off base here, and they mean something different, but wouldn't that make all snowflakes "special" by definition?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: TombEscaper
I don't believe any ME'er is saying faulty memory is an absolute impossibility in these circumstances; it's just that the knowingness is so strong that that possibility is at the very bottom of the totem pole. This has nothing to do with "ego" or insisting on a perfect memory as some continue to ludicrously claim. It has to do with simply being so certain of some things, that a sudden revamp of what was previously known to be true causes wonderment and confusion.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. If you are CERTAIN about something, that means you know it as absolute fact. It is essentially saying that your memory is perfect. That is why I asked in a previous response how people can be so sure of accurate memory from 20+ years ago when they haven't even looked at the book since then. I'm not saying everyone does this, but many folks are falling back on it and saying they are certain about a minor detail about an old memory, when it's exactly that; a minor detail that could easily be misconstrued. It's easy to get caught up in the hype and get emotionally attached to something that makes you seem positive about something. We've all been there. At first I was all about this theory. Now I'm starting to see every situation being explained rationally (ie herbal essence, the quote from Berenstain's son, etc).

Let's suppose we wake up tomorrow in a world where the Twin Towers are still standing in New York. And even though you know damn well you've seen them fall a thousand times, and have read countless theses (conspiracy and otherwise) on the events of that day, there is suddenly now no "mainstream evidence" to be found ANYWHERE that they were attacked and felled on 9-11. To add to that, you've got multitudes of other people who have the same knowingness as you, but there are also scores of others telling you that you are simply misremembering something. Now, aside from trying to maintain your sanity, if you would continue to insist those towers fell in spite of people telling you otherwise based on "evidence," would your insistence be coming from a place of "ego" about having a "perfect memory," or from a place of assurance about what you know happened, with a driving desire to figure out just what the hell is going on?

This would be an example of a major change, similar to what I'm looking for, but a little extreme. 9/11 was a national tradegy and every year we remember it on 9/11. It is highly unlikely that folks would mis-remember an event of that magnitude. They could mis-remember individual minor details about the day like times the building fell, but something like that would stand out and people would remember the sudden change despite the evidence not being there. Another big problem with this is why would people remember the way it wasn't even if this event was changed? If it was changed so that 9/11 never happened and this was always the case, I'd expect the memories to be changed along with that. Let's be real here, though. A 9/11 terrorist attack that started multiple wars isn't even close to mistaking an E for an A in a name.

And, there is no such thing as a "small" or "insignificant" ME, if it is a genuine one. The mere Bears' change of the e to the a was enough to topple multitudes of people's views on reality, simply because it shows that reality is not as "concrete" as we have assumed.

An E to an A is insignificant change and you can't prove whether it's genuine, that's why I feel it is best to focus on bigger things that can be verified from multiple sources. Things that actually matter. E to A is an easy mistake based on pronunciation that can easily be lumped in the fallible memory recall category. I'm looking for examples that don't fit this mold. I'd like to discuss such memories with folks in detail as part of my research. I'm simply not going to waste any more time on Berenstein or THIS neighborhood in Mr Rogers. It just becomes a game of "my memory is better than yours!" We are wasting too much thread space on that. I don't want to debate what people remember. I'd like to attempt to confirm something that can't be attributed to an easy mistake like spelling or pronunciation. I'd like to keep researching this, but we need bigger and bolder examples.

Come on, now. It is utterly silly to say that because people have certain recollections they are positive about, they are equating that with having a "PERFECT" memory in all things. Do you remember the exact address of a place you previously lived, or an old phone number you used to have, or the first name of someone you used to date? Do you "remember" the way to the bathroom in your own house or the names of your immediate family members? The name of the band of the first concert you attended? If you want to insist that the human memory is so fallible that you can't be certain about any such things, then I'd say you must be shocked that this species has managed to even come as far as it has. With the way some of you folks continuously harp upon the idea of faulty memory syndrome, it's a wonder any of us even remember to put one foot in front of the other to walk, or to chew our food before we swallow!

If we really want to strip this down, we can say that literally everything we do and every way in which we function is based on "memory" to some level. We "remember" to go to our jobs, how to get home, that the milk is in the refrigerator, etc. But the fact is, there are some levels of memory that are stronger than and different from others. Having a "beautiful day in THE neighborhood" regularly ingrained into your consciousness for a prolonged period of time is a different kind of "memory" than trying to recall what the person two spots ahead of you in the checkout line was wearing when you went to the store last week.

Since the 9-11 analogy was too extreme for you, if you suddenly found out that the song "happy birthday to you" never existed, and the lyrics have always been "happy birthday to thee," would you chalk this "minor" tweak up to a faulty memory on your part, and just go on about life as if nothing bizarre happened? I think not. Yes, the meaning would be the same, with the same melody, same syllable structure and so forth, but you would know for damn certain it was not "thee." What then is so difficult to understand or accept about people's certainty concerning things such as the alteration in the Mr. Rogers song?

The fact that so many want to go to the extreme of saying ME'ers are claiming a perfect memory, without acknowledging the obvious fact that there are different types and levels of "memories" really weakens any case they are trying to make.

edit on 25-5-2016 by TombEscaper because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

LOL we speak the same language and yet we don't agree!

In English the letter 'A' sounds like 'a' in apple, 'ei' like in hate, 'o:' like in all, 'e' like in any, etc.
In Spanish, whether long or short, 'A' always sound like A, manzana, banana, Panamá, España, always the same sound.

My apologies to the OP as I'm not sure us discussing our mother tongue is related to the OP!
hahaha

No, truly I think it's actually very relevant! It's funny because here we are arguing in text over the same language, but truly, it's eye-opening...at least for me. You and I are basically agreeing, but our terms for things are different...which may be due to geographical location. You're saying the sounds are always the same, yet you demonstrate how they are not, so it's a different type of miscommunication. The way you word things in English and the way I word then are obviously different. I wonder if that could be a factor in the differences of memory too...not just from country to country but within different regions of the same country. It would explain quite a bit of confusion.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

and the obvious follow up to your excellent points on lingustics :

can any of the ....stieners sjow us a "stiener " claim in a language other than english ???

i would be most interested to see one from a country that does not use the roman alphabet

though i suspect that such a beast doesnt exist

however any foreign language source will be a start

can the stieners deliver ?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA

Maybe she did... in another dimension!

*cue spooky music

Sorry couldn't resist that one.
edit on 5 25 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Various ATS members have been using the term to mock others. It's a meme. It began in part, if my MEMORY serves which in this case it may not because I wasn't paying much attention, with some young people reported in the news who wanted a safe space so their feelings couldn't be hurt by others. Don't quote me on that but I know I'm at least close.

Special Snowflake Syndrome

I haven't read the thread but I knew the term would come up a lot in an ATS search because I've seen it used so many times.

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join