It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SpergLord

Did you read my post above?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hollythorn
I recognize a lot of these effects but there's one that stands out in my mind as clear as day:

I was 10 years old (in 1994) and I was at my aunt's house and she constantly had it on MTV.

I stopped in my tracks when I heard a specific song come on. In my timeline (or reality, dimension, or whatever) the song "Seventeen" by Winger was a totally different song. It was mainly a soft and almost haunting melody. Most of the words were the same as now but the chorus will forever be stamped in my mind and if I have to I'll sing it to the best of my abilities to see if anyone else remembers it that way. The chorus went:

She's just seventeen,
She's seventeen
She's seventeen
Her daddy says she's much too young
But she's old enough for me

Imagine my shock when I heard it years later and it was a raunchy song instead of a haunting love ballad. Now the chorus goes:

She's only seventeen,
Seventeen
Daddy says she's too young
But she's old enough for me

I checked and checked to see if my memory was an alternate version of the song but it never existed here. Also the scenery in the video was much different. In my memory it was mainly shadowy figures of a teenage girl being held from behind by a tall and well muscled man. At one point she was sitting on a chair and he was kissing her neck from behind
I mentioned the winger song and other music under my old username years ago!

Music is what blows my mind so much, as I know so easily when I just always had part of a song wrong, but when words are added or removed and change the tempo or tone etc, it is not the same, as for example,

Me singing in the U2 song, " if you wanna kiss THE SKY better learn how to Kneel" as opposed to me singing " if you wanna kiss THIS GUY better learn how to kneel"

They SOUND exactly the same! Easy mistake, but if it were "if you wanna kiss ALL THE ZOO ANIMALS.... well, it sounds off and your mind stops in its tracks and takes note immediately! Lol

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: TravelleOn

That's not how it works. Physical evidence trumps all. Memory that matches the physical evidence is the correct memory. You can't say the people who have the correct memory based on physical evidence are also suffering from false memory. That's a logical fallacy.

But would you agree that physical evidence isn't always reliable?
There are countless examples of physical evidence being questioned due to possible tampering and such.
Is that a fair comment?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kuraijanai2013
Searching the net found this comment by the author's son. Case closed?

AnonymousAugust 23, 2012 at 3:44 PM
I normally don't comment on blogs about our family name but yours was so unusual and imaginative that I thought it only appropriate to add my thoughts. "Berenstain" according to our family lore was an attempt by an unknown imigration officer sometime in the late 1800s to reproduce phonetically a highly accented version of the tradtional Jewish name "Bernstein" as pronounced by my Father's grandparents when they came to America from the Ukraine.
In that linguistic region, the name tended to come out sounding something like, "Ber'nsheytn". Since that's how the name was originally documented, it has always been spelled that way by our family and it has always been misread and mispronounced by nearly everyone. It has always been "The BerenstAin Bears". Your parallel reality theory is very resourceful but, unfortunately, by applying Occam's razor, we arrive at the explanation that most people have just misread the name.
Mike Berenstain (Son of Stan and Jan)

Do you have a source on that, by chance? I was trying to search by phrases in the quote and not having much luck. This explanation actually makes perfect sense. I always thought there was a name connection between Bernstein and Berenstain. Nice find.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I normally don't comment on blogs about our family name but yours was so unusual and imaginative that I thought it only appropriate to add my thoughts. "Berenstain" according to our family lore was an attempt by an unknown imigration officer sometime in the late 1800s to reproduce phonetically a highly accented version of the tradtional Jewish name "Bernstein" as pronounced by my Father's grandparents when they came to America from the Ukraine.
In that linguistic region, the name tended to come out sounding something like, "Ber'nsheytn". Since that's how the name was originally documented, it has always been spelled that way by our family and it has always been misread and mispronounced by nearly everyone. It has always been "The BerenstAin Bears". Your parallel reality theory is very resourceful but, unfortunately, by applying Occam's razor, we arrive at the explanation that most people have just misread the name.

Lol! You really believe it was him! Hahahahhahahhaha! Lol......roflmao!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

what is so funny though?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

This is "old news" in Berenstein/Berenstain circles, and doesn't really "prove" anything; A, because the authenticity of the post/poster has never been verified, and B, because if we are dealing with a multiverse/parallel reality situation, Mike "Berenstain" will always have remembered himself with that name.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

OH MY GAWD! ANOTHER MANDELA EFFECT!

in my old world Jimmy Hendrix in purple haze said," excuse me while I kiss this guy" now he say's the sky..

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hollythorn

I have always known the Winger song by the second set of lyrics. I was trying to think of another similar song that you may have been thinking of, but nothing comes to mind. I'm also not aware of a different, stripped down version of that song that could account for what you remember, especially circa 1994.

It's interesting that you have this memory from 1994, though. I'm not saying you're wrong, but in "my reality," MTV had long stopped playing that type of music by then.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA

what is so funny though?
because so many naysayers have argued over and over again that the pubishers changed the Berenstein name to hide it being jewish. That the family name was Berenstein, yes, but the books were always Berenstain.... but now saying the actual family name, probly the only one in the world spelled Berenstain, was actually always spelled like from the begining? Well that sounds ridiculous!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

OH MY GAWD! ANOTHER MANDELA EFFECT!

in my old world Jimmy Hendrix in purple haze said," excuse me while I kiss this guy" now he say's the sky..

hahahaha! I like how you get me.

I also like to sub in "I sniff glue" for "I love you" in a lot of cheezy songs. It is always good for a laugh.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Just looked at an interview with Tom Cruise in 1993, on Arsenio Hall.
Theyre discussing the movie Interview with THE vampire.
www.youtube.com...

at 1:43.
So if reality changed, its pretty impressive.

link   
Here's another source with the same info re Berenstain: news.nationalpost.com...

link   

I do sniff glue though, well not as much as I used to I'm trying to quit.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Trolling I guess...
:/

Ok.. so the guy in the article is in on it? I dont get it... Oh well..
edit on 24-5-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Haha.. Its probably just me but did NZ change places again?
Lol.. Im going nuts here with all this ME # going on.
I couldve swore NZ was closer to AU than it is now.. and I looked on a map like an hour ago, and now it feels like its shifted further out.. haha.. damn.
Im not sure of anything anymore

i.dailymail.co.uk...

edit: also, the pacific feels a bit wierd covering half the world, too...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

a reply to: TechniXcality

Trolling I guess...
:/

Ok.. so the guy in the article is in on it? I dont get it... Oh well..

I am guessing troll or hoaxer, naysayer.

After all the arguments of "the publishers changing the name" switching to "this is Mike Berenstain" as an argument, makes null and void all, of their arguments blaming the publishers for trying to hide the jewish name!.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Haha.. Its probably just me but did NZ change places again?
Lol.. Im going nuts here with all this ME # going on.
I couldve swore NZ was closer to AU than it is now.. and I looked on a map like an hour ago, and now it feels like its shifted further out.. haha.. damn.
Im not sure of anything anymore

i.dailymail.co.uk...
looks like it on that map! Lol

Pretty soon italy is going to be touching africa as well at this point!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

i just picked a random map. looks the same on any other map :/

edit:

"http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/371056/371056,1279738867,1/stock-photo-shiny-globe-marble-with-highly-detailed-continents-facing- australia-57629734.jpg"

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

Nah, I just like messing with hidingthistime, she gets really nervous and she also gets attacked a lot about all this stuff, and takes it quite seriously, so I try to interject humor...

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join