It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA
a reply to: tigertatzen

yeah. ETA has always meant estimated time of arrival.
you are the only one ive ever seen use ETA in any other way than that.

by the way you should really go back two pages and edit your posts that are left cryptic.
the edit function is still there since it hasnt been enough time for the edit function to go away.
thats just an advice, but i suggest you do edit them so as to not look like your trolling cause thats what it looks like - . -

I don't know how it could possibly look like trolling...there is no reply whatever. And I've repeatedly stated that I tried to edit but it simply would not work. Four attempts on the first one and three on the second. I have rebooted my phone and then tried. There is nothing else that I can do.

Mods, there are two posts where I attempted to reply to this poster but the reply never showed up. I tried editing, and whatever I typed shows up on the edit screen but once the page refreshed, it disappears. Can you please delete?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Now youve answered it a few times

Its ok didnt mean to stress you like that.
What it looks like is subjective and to me it could pass for trolling. But if you cant fix the posts then dont worry about it!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Don't worry, I just think we need to be grounded in discussing potential theories, rather than falling into a trap of discussing a 'he said/ she said, it is/ it isn't' situation.

Right now, the theory that explains the phenomenon most accurately is "faulty memory." Can you provide any evidence or critique to falsify it?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Don't worry, I just think we need to be grounded in discussing potential theories, rather than falling into a trap of discussing a 'he said/ she said, it is/ it isn't' situation.

Right now, the theory that explains the phenomenon most accurately is "faulty memory." Can you provide any evidence or critique to falsify it?

That same theory can just as easily be applied to those who do not recall the alterations or changes referred to as mandela effects. Perhaps those people are the ones with faulty memory or less developed faculties.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TravelleOn

blinks . FFS i has seen it all now .

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TravelleOn

That same theory can just as easily be applied to those who do not recall the alterations or changes referred to as mandela effects. Perhaps those people are the ones with faulty memory or less developed faculties.

There is physical evidence to support the theory that it is faulty memory.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

That's the truly objective way to approach this, precisely one of the main points we've been repeatedly trying to make. If we're all the same and no one is different, then that possibility must be considered equally. I would be just as disturbed by this if the roles were reversed and I had only memories that match the current circumstances. I would still want an explanation.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA

Now youve answered it a few times

Its ok didnt mean to stress you like that.
What it looks like is subjective and to me it could pass for trolling. But if you cant fix the posts then dont worry about it!

Thank you for your concern, seriously. I'm convinced it's the mobile app because I never had anything remotely like that happen. But I always used my laptop to access the site before. Mobile versions of sites are really buggy.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

That's the truly objective way to approach this, precisely one of the main points we've been repeatedly trying to make.

The truly objective way to approach this is by looking for objective, empirical (ie; external) evidence for it. There is none, only subjective claims. All of these subjective experiences are easily explained by faulty memory.

If we're all the same and no one is different, then that possibility must be considered equally.

Correct. I know from my own experience that I am capable of remembering things wrong. Since we are all equal, everyone is capable of mistaken memories. This is consistent with the theory that the alleged effect is due to faulty memory, but completely incompatible with the theory that it is due to an actual transformation of the physical world.

I would be just as disturbed by this if the roles were reversed and I had only memories that match the current circumstances. I would still want an explanation.

But you do have memories that match the current circumstances! ATS exists! Why? Why has it not suddenly turned into SAT? Can you explain it? Aren't you curious? Aren't you disturbed by the lack of fluidity in this corner of the universe?
edit on 24-5-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

That's the truly objective way to approach this, precisely one of the main points we've been repeatedly trying to make. If we're all the same and no one is different, then that possibility must be considered equally. I would be just as disturbed by this if the roles were reversed and I had only memories that match the current circumstances. I would still want an explanation.

Thanks tiger

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

That's not how it works. Physical evidence trumps all. Memory that matches the physical evidence is the correct memory. You can't say the people who have the correct memory based on physical evidence are also suffering from false memory. That's a logical fallacy.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Bias confirmation is a heck of a drug.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

That's not how it works. Physical evidence trumps all. Memory that matches the physical evidence is the correct memory. You can't say the people who have the correct memory based on physical evidence are also suffering from false memory. That's a logical fallacy.

Not if the physical evidences can be manufactured to pair with a particular memory set,if the environment can be manipulated to create a convincing illusion then the lower operating level of the basic 5 senses interpretation and interactive system would not enable the perceptions or if you prefer the "logging" of any changes such as these having occurred at all.
edit on 24/5/2016 by TravelleOn because: Incomplete reply.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Bias confirmation is a heck of a drug.

Life itself is a narcotic experience

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Think about what you stated...

Are you saying that the human anatomy was changed to match the fake memory? Are you saying that entire continents were moved, create or removed to match the fake memory? Are you saying that every single copy of a movie or book was changed, even the one in your mom's friend's brother's roomate's cousin's housekeeper's basement?

Really think about the magnitude of what you are suggesting...

It shows that the people who actually think the ME is a really thing are totally unhinged from reality.

If you are suggesting we are really in a matrix, then go start bending spoons please.
edit on 24-5-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

i always thought of mac entire in my mind but i never knew anything about her but holy sht the bearenstein bears omg get out of my head

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

There is physical evidence to support the theory that it is faulty memory.

After some much needed time away from this topic, I see that confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance is still prevalent. NOT from the ME experiencers who are being accused of it, but from the "skeptics" who continue to make false assertions and accusations against the ME experiencers while willfully ignoring the presentations of genuine evidence that have been put forth to support the fact that something other than "bad memory" is happening with all of this.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I recognize a lot of these effects but there's one that stands out in my mind as clear as day:

I was 10 years old (in 1994) and I was at my aunt's house and she constantly had it on MTV.

I stopped in my tracks when I heard a specific song come on. In my timeline (or reality, dimension, or whatever) the song "Seventeen" by Winger was a totally different song. It was mainly a soft and almost haunting melody. Most of the words were the same as now but the chorus will forever be stamped in my mind and if I have to I'll sing it to the best of my abilities to see if anyone else remembers it that way. The chorus went:

She's just seventeen,
She's seventeen
She's seventeen
Her daddy says she's much too young
But she's old enough for me

Imagine my shock when I heard it years later and it was a raunchy song instead of a haunting love ballad. Now the chorus goes:

She's only seventeen,
Seventeen
Daddy says she's too young
But she's old enough for me

I checked and checked to see if my memory was an alternate version of the song but it never existed here. Also the scenery in the video was much different. In my memory it was mainly shadowy figures of a teenage girl being held from behind by a tall and well muscled man. At one point she was sitting on a chair and he was kissing her neck from behind

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Searching the net found this comment by the author's son. Case closed?

AnonymousAugust 23, 2012 at 3:44 PM
I normally don't comment on blogs about our family name but yours was so unusual and imaginative that I thought it only appropriate to add my thoughts. "Berenstain" according to our family lore was an attempt by an unknown imigration officer sometime in the late 1800s to reproduce phonetically a highly accented version of the tradtional Jewish name "Bernstein" as pronounced by my Father's grandparents when they came to America from the Ukraine.
In that linguistic region, the name tended to come out sounding something like, "Ber'nsheytn". Since that's how the name was originally documented, it has always been spelled that way by our family and it has always been misread and mispronounced by nearly everyone. It has always been "The BerenstAin Bears". Your parallel reality theory is very resourceful but, unfortunately, by applying Occam's razor, we arrive at the explanation that most people have just misread the name.
Mike Berenstain (Son of Stan and Jan)

edit on 24-5-2016 by kuraijanai2013 because: None

(post by SpergLord removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join