It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Who has already heard of the term "Australasia" ? I'm asking because some couldn't remember the Austral ocean.

Edit : Also if anyone knows why google images does not go further back than 16th of April 2008 I would be interested, I'am sure there is a technical reason, and i'm a computer enthusiast so this interests me.
edit on 21-5-2016 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WeSbO

Can't say I've ever heard anyone use Austral ocean before, Is this the Mandella effect?!?!

I just googled it and it's another name for Southern Ocean.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: tigertatzen

Contrary to the popular assertion by all the would-be character assassins clinging to this thread like barnacles, we all seem to be quite a grounded, intelligent, reasoning group of people. In other words, you're in good company.

Ditto. I also find the nameless ones' assertions about us all being totally loopy quite offensive & irrelevant, and believe it's probably devised in such a way so as to put people off from joining the conversation.. The ME experiencers in this thread are almost all intelligent & well-rounded individuals, who find it easy to talk with one another about a subject which could have the potential to unhinge a person. We are not loopy, though the ME itself most certainly is...

Spot on. I cannot figure out what the motive is here, but the amount of harassment this thread has received is heavily disproportionate to the topic. The relentless insistence that we are delusional, or have succumbed to mass hysteria, or are simply stupid, or trying to start a cult (my personal favorite) or are seeking some special status because we're just insecure drama queens has been way beyond the pale here.

Also, the constant smug reminders from the aforementioned that they are in no way violating the T&C, or attacking anyone seem to make their behavior look that much more shady.

It's ironic that they have cited Occam's Razor as a popular basis of their argument for the mundane, though. The simplest and fastest path to impediment of the flow of information is to attempt to impeach the character of and discredit the person giving it, by any means necessary. And as we can clearly see, they did indeed take the simplest and fastest path, right out of the gate.

Unfortunately, they must either be very sloppy or not too bright because, in a case like this, less is typically better. You come crashing into a fairly innocuous discussion like that, haranguing and belittling people and refuse to relent and move on, spam the thread repeatedly with the same wall of text telling people that you know their own subconscious mind better than they do, harassing people for simply having a like-minded discussion...that's the polar opposite of subtlety. It stands out.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Can't say I've ever heard anyone use Austral ocean before, Is this the Mandella effect?!?!

I just googled it and it's another name for Southern Ocean.

Nope not an ME (well I can't confirm as I haven't got the absolute knowledge unfortunately) I was just just curious because that is 2 new things that I have learnt in a week, austral ocean and australasia.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Oscam's razor is a flawed argument in this case, argument you can't remember because your memory is at fault, this is true, the memory does not agree with what is seen, but why is your memory telling you things that aren't true ? Oscam's razor can't explain that and can only give theories (you have a brain aneurysm for example). Oscam's razot is sometimes flawed because it only gives 50% of the explanation in some cases, and this is one of those cases.

Oscam's razor : you cut your finger while cutting carrots, because you used the wrong technic

Oscam's razor : We have never met aliens because they do not exist.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

Alien implants? You and ClownFish have both described the exact same effect manifesting in your auditory senses, perhaps this is a link which ties in with the abduction theory? I don't mean to be a harbinger of bad tidings, but the more I look, the more I'm seeing little twists which support the theory I suggested re: mass abduction, hypnotic programming. Hopefully not, but until we all get into the serious phase of tetsing it out under hypnosis, we might never know. Whether we actually want to know is another question entirely.

I've added so many replies, all from just one page of the thread (pg 100), I will take a break and let someone else have their say. I think it's testament to how engaging this topic, and you folks are, that it's so easy to handle multiple conversations all at once, springing from just one page of the thread. Fascinating stuff.

I have definitely thought about the possibility. Three years ago, I woke up one morning with my ear completely stopped up and aching. The soreness traveled down the side of my neck, and I ran my hand over the area.

I felt a lump, under the skin below the hollow behind my ear. It was not completely attached and moved freely. It was roughly the size and shape of a Tic-Tac, and hard as a pebble. I couldn't get an appointment with the doctor until the next day. When I went to bed that night, I found that it had migrated about two inches downward. And when I woke up the next morning it was gone, though the tenderness remained.

The doctor was puzzled...he could tell by the inflammation that something had been there. An X-ray showed an overgrowth of white cells and serous material where the tissue tried to cushion itself like an oyster with a grain of sand stuck in it. But the object was gone. My ear canal was red and inflamed and actually had bled at some point. His conclusion was somehow, something had gotten inside my ear and somehow migrated down my Eustachian tube and out into the lymph tissue. He didn't like that explanation, but it was the best one he could come up with.

The biggest problem with it was that, if something somehow did get in there, I didn't feel any pain. If something gets in the ear canal, especially something that large, it will irritate the tympanic membrane and very rapidly cause swelling, inflammation and severe pain. I know this to be true, too, because I had a pediatric patient who stuck a Tart-N-Tiny in his ear and pushed it into his ear canal, whereupon it became lodged in the Eustachian tube. He had to be sedated and the mother said he started screaming within minutes of telling her he'd stuck candy in his ear. Yet I felt nothing.

A funny note however, was when he looked up from writing in my chart, grinned at me and said, "maybe you were abducted by aliens and they put an implant in your ear to control your thoughts". I made a joke in turn about how while they were in there maybe they could make me a little smarter, lol. The ringing in my ear actually did start shortly after that though. And from time to time, I get a weird sort of tickling sensation deep inside my ear. It makes me shiver, I don't like it. I once saw a patient with a cockroach stuck in his ear. It reminds me of that.
edit on 31185America/ChicagoSat, 21 May 2016 17:18:32 -050031pm31141America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

The simplest and fastest path to impediment of the flow of information is to attempt to impeach the character of and discredit the person giving it, by any means necessary.

Like you're doing now? Everyone, myself included, can make mistakes.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Yes. Occam's razor is not applicable. It first requires two equally likely propositions. Timeline shift vs bad memory. Not equally likely.

But let's say they are equal. Which one requires more assumptions?
Bad memory requires one assumption. That memory is subject to outside influences.
Timeline shift (or time manipulation) requires first that such things are possible and then that such things are being done and then that such things are being done to select individuals.

pespmc1.vub.ac.be...

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The way some people throw Occam's Razor around is ridiculous. They seem to think it means that the most logical and obvious explanation is the right one.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchMasterChief

Well, it often is..
And until something substantial happens regarding the whole ME thing - whatever that might be, I'll go with Occam's on this.. However, that doesn't mean I dismiss any other explanation, when and if that should arise.
I'm very open minded so I will always keep possibilities and options, well, open.
But as of now, my own personal belief is to stick with Occam's. That might change at any time, as soon as 'something' shows itself to be a valid contender.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeSbO

Oscam's razor is a flawed argument in this case, argument you can't remember because your memory is at fault, this is true, the memory does not agree with what is seen, but why is your memory telling you things that aren't true ? Oscam's razor can't explain that and can only give theories (you have a brain aneurysm for example). Oscam's razot is sometimes flawed because it only gives 50% of the explanation in some cases, and this is one of those cases.

Oscam's razor : you cut your finger while cutting carrots, because you used the wrong technic

Oscam's razor : We have never met aliens because they do not exist.

I was not using Occam's Razor as any kind of argument, where did you get that idea from? I was sharing my thoughts on the irony of the situation regarding the people who HAVE used it as an argument in this thread.

By the way, it's not that we have not seen aliens so therefore they do not exist. Some people don't believe they exist because they have never seen one. Other people don't need to see one up close to believe that they exist. It's a matter of opinion, nothing more.

Another irony is that, in my life, the people who use that particular argument the most often are also the same people who profess to believe in a god whom they've also never seen nor met. Yet they are the quickest to mock people who believe in extraterrestrial life, which is a far more plausible theory. Go figure.

Additionally, I respect the fact that you have a differing opinion than I do on this, but that in no way makes anything I or anyone else might remember-including yourself- less true. I'm sure you didn't actually intend to imply that I am a liar, as your words have come across here. It must be my imagination.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I often dislike Rational Wiki because the author seems to be incredibly elitist and know-it-all and dismisses a lot of valid stuff.
But if you haven't checked it out,

rationalwiki.org...

Makes a few very valid points that is what I feel, aswell.

The Mandela effect has not been explored by mainstream, peer-reviewed publications, and the claim that some false memories are caused by parallel dimensions going berserk is difficult to falsify due to the inherently unreliable nature of human memory. Another common false memory is that the children's book series was known as "The Berenstein Bears" rather than the actual "The Berenstain Bears".[1]

The Mandela effect is not a reasonable way of explaining false memories, since it relies on many non-testable or difficult-to-test assumptions. On the other hand, the phenomenon of human memory being simply unreliable is well documented and researched. Cognitive science professor Elizabeth Loftus has been able to plant false memories with ease,[2] and research has shown eyewitness reports to be unreliable.[3][4]

edit on 21-5-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The simplest and fastest path to impediment of the flow of information is to attempt to impeach the character of and discredit the person giving it, by any means necessary.

Like you're doing now? Everyone, myself included, can make mistakes.

Care to elaborate? You seem to have a rather active imagination. How am I impeding the flow of information? I am not harassing anyone or trying to tell anyone that their memory is wrong or belittling anyone for their beliefs. I am merely taking part in an intelligent discussion and sharing my thoughts and experiences.

What exactly does people making mistakes have to do with anything? Of course everyone makes mistakes. We're human. Right?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

That is a major discrepancy; one that has not effected me.

Pluto used to be the ninth planet (for 75 years since discovery) until it was demoted several years ago by astronomers which is well-documented as to why and which PO'd a lot of astrology people, but as far as Earth not being the 3rd rock from the sun but the 4th in your memory, all I can say is... wow!

That would freak me out.

Luckily, by the time that I started looking things like that up, I'd already been through the initial shock, so it didn't wig me out as much as it normally would have. I hate to admit I've been desensitized, but that's exactly what's happened. In order to not allow panic to take over, I've forced myself to start observing two separate realities...the one I'm in now, and the one I started off in.

I can fully accept that this reality is different, for whatever reason yet to be determined, and that there is nothing I can do about it. But I also fully accept that it was not always this way, and even factoring that in, I am able to handle this calmly and continue on with my daily routine and do what I need to do.

A huge reason for that is the relief of knowing that other people are in the same or a similar boat. Things are always easier to handle when you're not in it alone. I have a feeling that we're going to get answers very soon, but until then, we've gotta keep on keeping on.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

Human memory is fallible? Wow, mind is blown. Thanks for pointing this out, because none of us knew that, and noone pointed that one out before in this thread......

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA

Really? NZ was always southeast of Australia for me. How sure are you?

Pretty damned. And I've got a growing list of people who are sure about it too.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

New Zealand is refered to as down under as well.

As in, down under the equator.

Yeah, I know it is now. I looked it up.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienDNA

One friend is really struggling with this because she's actually from NZ.

That sounds just incredibly scary and just .. awful. Horrible.

It is. I feel really awful for her. She's one of my closest friends.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

sits back and awaits any evidence of this claim

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
Wrong forum.

new topics

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join