It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

You're right...the changes are never an improvement.

phht.

The current location of New Zealand is far superior to its former.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You're right...the changes are never an improvement.

phht.

The current location of New Zealand is far superior to its former.

Or inferior...directionally speaking.

Shouldn't they now technically be referred to as "Down Under"?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

New Zealand was in the northern hemisphere on your world?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

originally posted by: alienDNA
I found another ME I think, this one Herbal Essence. Shampoo. Now it seems to be Herbal Essences. Which doesnt seem all that wrong, but I know for a fact there was a Shampoo called Herbal Essence, at least in Sweden, cause I remember the commercials and the ladies of the house using it.
This one Im sure of, more so than the 5x states.
It might not be an ME though, might be real, just that it might've been in Sweden only or something. We use alot of English names for stuff.

I remember Herbal Essence. When I lived with my parents we always had Herbal Essence in the washroom, and it was frequently advertised on TV. With these Mandela Effects, not only is reality changed, but it's changed in ways that don't even make sense. A company puts a LOT of time and care into the name of their product. "Herbal Essences" sounds terrible. It's awkward. The "S" ruins it. I'm not sure if there has been a single language-related Mandela Effect yet that actually improved the spelling or pronunciation. It always seems to diminish it.

You're right...the changes are never an improvement. Perhaps they're purposely that absurd, to make it impossible for every single person on the planet to simply ignore them, as so many seem content to do.

That is the reason why I have a problem with Febreze (not claiming I remembered febreeze, i've got no solid proof of it in my mind), because the logic is also flawed, phonetic writing exists for a reason, /briːz/ is breeze, and /friːz/ is freeze, phonetics exist so written words are not mispronounced, Procter&Gamble just decided to rewrite the laws of phonetics. I do understand that producers sometimes take liberties in word spelling, they do still remain phonetically correct otherwise it looks stupid and loses it's meaning.
Kids will end up spelling "breeze" "breze" -_-
edit on 20-5-2016 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime
I remember alot of these effects in the music industry.
i remember lenny kravitz song it aint over till its over being released at the back end of 89'
the reason is because i was living in a city, in highschool and it played on the bus on the way home,
it was on tv all the time.
now it is listed as being released in 91'
i remember mellon collie and the infinite sadness by smashing pumpkins being released earlier than 1995 (maybe 92'-93) and having a dark blue cover a bright yellow star and the dress the girl wearing was white. the objects in the background were also white.
the eminem show i remember being released in the early 90's with the same cover but the eminem wearing a blue pin stripe suit and red tie.
im sure there is more, i just cant think at the moment.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Concerning lenny kravitz no idea, not a big fan.
The smashing pumpkins cover is still the way I've always remembered in (I started playing guitar in 1992) started by learning RHCP my friends, then RHCP under the bridge then went on to some smashing pumpkins including tonight tonight and bullet with butterfly wings. I discovered The smashing pumpkins around 95 coz I heard a school music group doing a bullet with butterfly wings cover. Can't confirm release date.
The Eminem doesn't look different, but nover owned the cd

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: WeSbO

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: WeSbO
and they also got alpha centuri the wrong way round ? they reversed everything +75 light years big mistake I do still cal vodka... Was mars further or closer to the sun than earth ?

Closer. Earth, then Mars, then Venus, then Mercury.

Nope its jupiter, mars, earth, venus, mercury then the sun

This seems to be consistent with most ME claims. It's always vague, never specific, and always simple differences that could easily be mistakes. The experts on various ME topics / people are never the ones with incorrect memories. It's always the folks that never really studied it in depth. I really don't think anybody is going back in time and switching Earth and Mars' orbits. That is pretty major, but a mistaken memory is actually much simpler and more logical.

This is also what I personally believe. This resonates with me and feels more logical than any other explanation.
Especially since I know Ive confabulated tons of memories only to have proof shown to realise "ops...".
But I cant deny that the "feeling" one gets when experiencing an ME is indeed kind of frightening and I can fully understand people diving into the rabbit hole on this one.
But as Ive previously stated thats a very hazardous place and there MIGHT not be coming back from it....

Regarding the 56 states which I always believed, well I dont have any answers. But I couldve passed a lie detector on that one... Even still, it IS wierd that so many people NOW, all of a sudden, is having all of these MEs. TOGETHER.

Its not like its one guy... we even SHARE the MEs . But, until even more people start to open up to this, investigate this, talk about this, then.. Ill just go with confabulaton since that is home and my comfort zone.
I dont have the constitution to dive further into this as of yet, cause I know Ill just become even more deeply into depression from it... cause its too scary and there is nothing to grab onto for comfort.
Reptilians and other conspiracys I dont have any problems with, cause there is lots of stuff to grab onto, to stay strong.
But this? No. Its just a sad bleek and dark place. Im already maxed out on Venlafaxin and Mirtazapin (two SNRIs that interacts for a powerful SNRI effect, where SSRI fails this works, and it does work but I still have to be wary of falling into rabbit holes without anything to grab onto, if you understand what i mean.)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

This was a significant part of my reality continuing well into adulthood. And in that reality, Mars was closer to the sun and Pluto was the ninth planet. Always.

Are you saying that you thought Mars was closer to the Sun than Earth? What about My Very Elegant Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies? As for Pluto, even as a minor planet it has always crossed over Neptune's orbit, making it the "eighth planet" for part of its orbit. (Also, the Morrison Planetarium is in the California Academy of Science... always has been. The Steinhart Aquarium is a part of the complex. Do you recall there being an iconic bandstand in front? The De Young? The Japanese Garden?)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

Even still, it IS wierd that so many people NOW, all of a sudden, is having all of these MEs. TOGETHER.

It is a by-product of the internet. Faulty memories can put a girdle around the Earth at the speed of light. So far, the meme has only propagated in the English speaking world, proving that it is entirely a cultural phenomenon.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I hope youre right, dear god I hope youre right.
But it doesnt make sense. Im from Sweden and I have tons of MEs, I just never gave them much thought.
Its different now though, and THAT might indeed be because of this 'meme'..

I would imagine Deja Vu having the same effect on the internet, if all of a sudden, people started to talk about it and realising it, and no explanation existed..
Speaking of which, I havent had a Deja Vu since 2012.
I used to have them about twice per year all my life. But they stopped. My mom has them MORE since 2012 which is kind of wierd.
Probably about 1 per month. And she feel they are uncomfortable and disrupting :/

I dont know if deja vu has anything to do with this or not - but the feeling is similar.

edit on 20-5-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: collietta
a reply to: TechniXcality

Wait. He wasn't ran over? I thought I saw the full footage of it once. I could never bring myself to watch it again because I remember him being crushed.

I'm nervous to go on YouTube and confirm in case he's crush again.

The reason the "tank man" story became so big was because he wasn't run over. He just stood there with his shopping bags and brought the tank to a halt. That's why he became a hero globally, not a victim.

There have also been a number of follow-up "where is he now" stories in the media over the years.

edit on 20-5-2016 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Motorhead

I too, remember him NOT being runover and that exact same aftermath, i.e him being an unamed hero.

I also remember the geography of the globe to be the same, nothing is wrong with iceland, ireland, new zealand, or alaska.
The Solar System I couldve swore that Mars was closer to the Sun than earth, but hey, Im perfectly fine with remembering it wrong.
Pluto was the furthest out planet though, before the demotion to planetoid or whatever its called now.

All of this discrepancy tells me that it IS indeed just a curiousity of the mind.. but Im not going to repeat myself over and over.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

But it doesnt make sense. Im from Sweden and I have tons of MEs, I just never gave them much thought.
Its different now though, and THAT might indeed be because of this 'meme'..

To your knowledge, have any non-English speaking Swedes had an "ME" experience?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Speaking of which, I havent had a Deja Vu since 2012.
I used to have them about twice per year all my life. But they stopped. My mom has them MORE since 2012 which is kind of wierd.
Probably about 1 per month. And she feel they are uncomfortable and disrupting :/

I mentionned this talking about myself a few pages ago. Since then I did ask my mother if she has/had deja vus, and she said she is having them all the time at the moment.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

nope. but thats impossible to say as 75% speak english..

a reply to: WeSbO

hmm :/
edit on 20-5-2016 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

nope. but thats impossible to say as 75% speak english..

In France for example (and I might even tend to say Europe in general), no one really talks about conspiracy theories here, it's not really a thing here (of course people also exist here, but not to the same extent as in the US), I would even go as far as to say even in the UK it's not as common. The english spoken conspiracy sites on the net are mostly american and populated with mostly Americans. And there are a lot more US based conspiracy theories, you are educated in a very different way. Also consider that most of the popular TV shows in Europe are American, or American spin offs.
I've seen that people in other countries tend to shrug everything off, and quite easily. I've been in almost all European countries (not holidays and not just once) I've been to quite a few parts in Africa, and the Middle east (Turkey a lot), never had the chance to go to Asia.
I do see that Australians seem to be more into conspiracy theories than Europe. In France, "out of the box" discussions, stop at Ghosts, UFOs and Aliens (those discutions are more about the possibility of alien life, and not the conspiracies that surround it)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Have you experienced any of these phenomena?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Can anyone confirm? I find it difficult to fathom how searches in Australia in the last two days about the Mandela Effect are crashing their servers.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

sounds incredibly dumb. and there is no way a countries internet infrastructure could crash due to a Search Engine overload -there is no way.
And even linking it to the ME - is incredibly stupid.. like that would have anything to do with it ...
I really dislike people like this who take one thing, connects it to another thing thru fantasy alone - then tries to push that onto people.
Ugh.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Thanks for the response.

Apparently, there have been major outages in various areas of AUS so that part is verifiable.

Telstra Outage Map

I've often heard of websites being crashed because they can't handle the traffic load due to not enough bandwdith or because of Denial of Service attacks but never because of heavy searches on a particular subject.

He's just speculating which is what people do on the Internet.
It's not illegal yet to speculate but I do get your point.

new topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join