It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End all social welfare programs immediately

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: stabstab

Darwin.

They will die or take care of themselves and putting money into the hands of the people is what's going to make that paradigm possible.

So... just to be perfectly clear... are you alright with me perishing? Because I am on such assistance due to disability.

Don't get me wrong. I would much, much prefer a system of purely voluntary social assistance rather than forced taxation. And as it is, I actually harbor profound guilt about how little I am capable of contributing to this world, and essentially being a largely "useless eater" as some term people like myself. But... I would ask that you consider a middle ground other than social Darwinism. The stance you are advocating would literally doom many such as myself. And while far from perfect... other than my burden on taxpayers, I have never harmed anyone to my knowledge. Should I die for being disabled?

Peace.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

So no more Foster Parents?

No more Special Needs programs.

How would this help economic growth?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This idea is not "Economic Readjustment".

It is literally a cull of the poor. You are sending the poor into anarchy whilst those in comfort watch on and can celebrate their 0.2% interest rises.

Violent plutocracy.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Still none of you have answered my question regarding what it cost to employee someone full time and why

Maybe you should just start a thread with that question if that's what you're looking for?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Employees are very expensive, automation is the way forward. Machines are doing more of the work and the welfare bill will only be growing from here. We can't expect the machine owners to pay for everyone's welfare. Which is unfortunate, we will have to stockpile goods made from machines since there won't be enough working people to buy these products. In the future there will be poor people everywhere and warehouses filled with new goods that most people cannot afford.

"To these, add compliance costs for the Americans With Disabilities Act -- which do little to prevent predatory lawsuits designed to shakedown small businesses.

All in all, regulations have been calculated to place a burden in the $trillions per year on American individuals and businesses:
. . . .
Then, there's the hassle factor. Employees require oversight. Management. Development. They get sick. They take leave. They quit. Some do their jobs well; some don't. Things can get messy, and not infrequently, litigious

"From a societal standpoint, I think Nobel Economics Prize recipient Michael Spence has it right (full disclosure: Spence was the dean of my business school during my years there). He warns that the challenge of technological unemployment "will require shifts in mindsets, policies, investments (especially in human capital), and quite possibly models of employment and distribution."
www.peakprosperity.com...

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
THIS is precisely the typer of person you would be leaving the fate of the poor and disabled to if you did away with government controlled welfare:
Woman Berates Man for Using Food Stamps

THIS is exactly how 'charitable' individuals can be. And millionaires/billionaires- who could certainly spare a few bucks- are too busy hiding it in offshore accounts (Panama Papers) to be bothered with the huddled masses. Sadly, you can't count on anyone to do the right thing.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

a reply to: stabstab

Darwin.

They will die or take care of themselves and putting money into the hands of the people is what's going to make that paradigm possible.

Social Darwinism was the failed policy enforced by Hitler.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Amen. I paid into the system for 16 years before I was struck down by disability. I fall under the lowest age bracket, yet the highest education/work history bracket. I, too, feel guilty about being a 'mooch' but I really have no choice.

I always worked full time, plus. Never took a dime for support. Now it is my entire income. I would LOVE to work again. And I might be able to handle a part time job....if an employer were willing to work around my disability. But they don't want to be bothered with all that.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join