It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End all social welfare programs immediately

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I can agree with that

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
look at the pie charts from federal and state goverment and you will see interest payments on debts is in a lot of cases equal to what is spent on welfare type programs.

here's the thing

interest on debts goes to a few rich guys, you know the illuminati, welfare goes right back into the economy and is actually a decent investment of tax dollars

this is just lazy hate speech

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Oh please quantify that mathematically and prove that's true.

The private banking system managing our economy is equally as much of a joke

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I would add that we should also transition our social welfare programs from subsidy to transfer payment. Instead of letting a fat bureaucracy manage the rent subsidy, utility subsidy, child care subsidy, etc., all those things that are now subsidies need to be factored into the TANF and made in a lump payment.

If the people receiving it do stupid things with it, then that's THEIR fault and not anyone else's. We all manage our own financial affairs, maybe it's time they A.) learned what things actually cost because they're actually writing those checks and B.) had to manage their financial affairs too.

If we did that, it would let us completely strip out those federal/state departments that manage those programs now. Cut those employees and their pensions and benefits. HUGE savings in our annual budget.

link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Oh please quantify that mathematically and prove that's true.

The private banking system managing our economy is equally as much of a joke

yup

lazy

link   

a reply to: intrptr

Yup.

Regulation and safety nets are halting the economy in its tracks

Then that (lo wages) thing trickles down, precludes people working their way through expensive college to get that education that qualifies them to earn more. They stay stuck in the low end or find their costly sub standard 'education' didn't get them a better job, because those jobs left the country.

There have been threads on Plants closing here, moving to Mexico…
edit on 27-4-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The reason everyone has to go to college is because businesses can't afford entry level positions.

You know that's BS.... right?

Iv'e been in Business for over 25 years. I have employed over 200 people in that length of time.
I currently employ 6 full time and 6 parttime. Half of them are entry level positions.
I get money from the state and county apprenticeship programs to train them. I also have 3 interns working parttime and soon they will be paid employees.

In 2008 I sold my most profitable business to my employees and I work for them part time.

Also it's none of your business how much I pay in workman's comp and insurance for my people.

Go into business and find out for your self.
edit on 27-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Think about what it cost to hire someone who's demanding hire wages not understanding that the reason they can't negotiate for hire wages is because of red tape and the amount of money spent just to keep you employees

Hell I bet tons of entry level positions would open up instantly

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
How much does it cost to employ you? Give some parameters! It depends on where you live, are you minimum wage or are you above that? Or better yet, since you obviously already know the answer, just say it and source it.

As to your belief that local charities would be able to handle everyone's needs, I would say you have a short memory.

I worked for a church in 2008 that provided immense amounts of charity to the community. When the recession hit, not only was I lucky to scrape by keeping my job, and the church lucky to survive, its power to do "good works" diminished severely, and for the first time since their inception, they had to cut back on giving. That, of course, affected the charities in the community that relied on our giving. They got hit in several different directions when people who normally gave were not able to and as a result, the charities themselves were lucky to survive.

This is one of the fatal flaws in your reasoning. Charity CANNOT fulfill needs during crisis when they too are reliant on people affected by crises.

Do you think another bubble won't happen? That it won't burst?? Our lovely economic "system" is designed to do this periodically by those in charge of making the deals and sucking in cash hand over fist. This is the lesson of the Great Depression, friend. It won't change simply because you want to go back to the Dark Ages.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

See you already know and the government has to subsidize you to train people why?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Big business can afford to pay better wages. They choose not too. Officers and share holders want every extra penny that can be found. It's called greed. People have decided that is the proper business model.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The 800 pound gorilla in the room, employee insurance.

In the workplace at large, the cost of employer-paid benefits equals nearly 31 percent of total employment costs, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Of that, health insurance costs account for about 7.7 percent of employer costs in private industry and about 11.7 percent in state and local government.

For some workers, employer-sponsored health insurance is a hefty benefit amounting to $5,000, $10,000, even $20,000 a year.

Real cost of W2…

edit on 27-4-2016 by intrptr because: added link

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Erase several centuries of incremental, bloodily fought social advances and go back to warlords and raiders... weee...

amazing how fast a civilization can fall when shallow thought and knee-jerk reactions are embraced, huh?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Erase several centuries of incremental, bloodily fought social advances and go back to warlords and raiders... weee...

amazing how fast a civilization can fall when shallow thought and knee-jerk reactions are embraced, huh?

Did you miss the entire thread or is that all you got?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Why don't we just implement programs to help people become self sufficient?

Easily done, with work shops, seminars and classes and websites.

What do people need? Skills and information, from Basic like how to balance a checkbook and write a resume to how to type, code, data entry, customer service skills and on and on and on.

You'll still need some safety nets though, because a catastrophe can happen to anyone. Everyone needs and gets help somehow, somewhere eventually.

edit on 27-4-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Totally agree our welfare programs do nothing but create poverty small business expansion and purchasing power is what's going to help everyone.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

See you already know and the government has to subsidize you to train people why?

Because the state and county realize that the people I train and employ will eventually pay taxes and
be part of a stable community; Be good citizens and contribute to the economic infrastructure.
I feel honored and blessed that I can be a part of what's good with America...entrepreneurship and creativity.

I just can't understand why that's a problem.

In my area small business are thriving and new ones are starting up daily. I just loaned a young man enough money to buy a big van and start a mobile coffee business to go to concerts, music fests, public events of all types. He will pay me back and I will get a percentage of his future gross.

I was glad to help him out because he had an idea, wanted to work and wasn't a crybaby.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

ATS is getting sickening.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to: olaru12

I don't get it if your running such a profitable business why am I paying you to train people

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Why don't we just implement programs to help people become self sufficient?

Easily done, with work shops, seminars and classes and websites.

What do people need? Skills and information, from Basic like how to balance a checkbook and write a resume to how to type, code, data entry, customer service skills and on and on and on.

You'll still need some safety nets though, because a catastrophe can happen to anyone. Everyone needs and gets help somehow, somewhere eventually.

Because people like politically accelerating crises and all or nothing scenarios.

edit on 27-4-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join