It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End all social welfare programs immediately

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: WeRpeons

I'm mainly analyzing low wages and cost to hire new entry level employees.

It all depends on your business model. For example, a lot of money is being made in the business of temporary employment. So, it's simple: you seek out project, talk to the project leader, and give him some guarantee that you will deliver the personnel he needs at a reasonable price. Then you hire people and hire them out for 50 bucks each hour. You pay them 20 and pay the state another 10. Make 20 bucks an hour for sitting on your arse. If the project stops, you hand your guys their pink slip. No risk, really. Happens all the time. If you are really smart you hire a young lass, pay her 20 bucks an hour and she will do all the paper work for you. As long as you employ more than 1 guy, you're still making money. The lass can work from her own home.

This is how the world is run, my friend: guys that don't do anything make the most money. I don't think that's right, but that's what happens if governments (we, the People) leave things to the "free market".

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
HAha what a stupid thread. I tell you what the caliber of thinking that has been put into some of these lately really do make you feel the shift that happened on ITS recently. I keep hoping for a "just kidding" on threats like this that never come. Obviously some people have no clue how the world works and are proud to shout "fool!" from the rooftops in identifying just that. I say don't let them engage you because an intelligent debate is hardly what this person was looking for...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

What about those with disabilities or mental impairments such as autism? You know, the ones that CANNOT provide for themselves.

Just toss out the baby with the bathwater I guess right?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Yet another of these dumb economic threads that fails to look around the world to see what works and what doesn't. No doubt the things that work will be denounced using some contrived conspiracy logic or just plain arrogant "not invented in the US" dismissal.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

a reply to: stabstab

Darwin.

They will die or take care of themselves and putting money into the hands of the people is what's going to make that paradigm possible.

You don't think that the millions who have a choice between starving / freezing to death wouldn't simply blow your head off and raid your larder then?

Real Humanitarian you are...'corporate power instead of Humanity'...the American dream has turned into a nightmare.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

No no no... The tax-evading rich "job creators" are responsible for GOOD economic growth and the poor people are responsible for BAAAAAD economic problems, sucking off the teat of lazy irresponsibility and creating the entirety of the debt... (Absolutely DO NOT look behind the curtain to see what those hedge fund managers are doing...the banks...the tax havens...shhhh! Don't ruin it for them! They have a sweet deal here!)

- AB

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
You want to starve the poor to death and let the elderly freeze on the streets?

You'd make a great banker

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

a reply to: stabstab

Darwin.

They will die or take care of themselves and putting money into the hands of the people is what's going to make that paradigm possible.

I am the victim of a law breaking employer and medical malpractice. Legal recourse completely failed me despite the fact that there were multiple, undeniable violations that caused AND exacerbated my condition. For the past 5 years I've been disabled because of what was done to me, and there's no end in sight for my condition. The only way I (and my children) survive is by receiving disability payments.

I would LOVE to work. Jobs that I can handle are few and far between and it would HAVE to be part time. I could never handle full time. The last time I applied for a job they asked me about the nature of my disability for at least half an hour then never called me in for a real interview. So employers discriminate against disabled people when they could TRY to accommodate them.

But yeah, cut me and my kids off from our sole source of income because of...Darwinism.

(Where's the middle finger emoji on this thing? Oh well, 'barf' will do.)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
You want to starve the poor to death and let the elderly freeze on the streets?

You'd make a great banker

I've been thinking about getting into finance.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Your thinking is way too simplistic.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
1. I'm not American. (Cue the abuse for no reason....) I always feel I have to state that when talking about the US.

To OP. You are sacrificing potentially thousands of people for an "economic upturn". It's a sad indictment that people are literally putting theoretical state economics above people. The disabled? The ill? The frankly broken? Childcare?

You are also taking away that safety net from people who are sought after by no one in terms of employability- that is practically an invitation to crime. If someone has no income at all and is rejected at an interview what do you actually expect them to do?

Why not take it to its logical conclusion and remove ALL state funded action. Police, Fire, state funded lawyers, military etc.
Lower taxes! Woo! No communal activity anywhere. The first Machiavellian state!

Sometimes I think these things need to be reduced to constituent parts: The primary role of a state is to look after the people that live within it. With a 21st century democracy we have the presumption that all people within that state are equal and therefore must all be looked after in some way regardless of personal situation.

If a nation does not do that then it is not serving it's fundamental purpose and I would say a serious political earthquake would be on the horizon- possibly quite rightly as those elected representatives would be serving a very different agenda than their constituents.

If you are considering whether it be better for some to sacrifice some others then that is not a modern democracy as we commonly view it- you are discarding the proletariat and the "unwanted" for financial incentives.

That is what you are suggesting and it is effectively a ruthlessly vindictive, greed based plutocracy.

P.S. (edit): I've seen people inevitably use the "Social Darwinism" reference. This would only apply if every citizen begun with equal assets, opportunity and physical and mental well being. It's incredible how often very rich people seem to use this phrase as a way to reinforce the concept that their multi million inheritance was because of a cosmic "right-ness" in the universe; that their wealth is constant proof of their quality as a human being. Same thinking is used concerning tax evasion "Smart enough to do it...." etc. when obviously most people can't afford to reroute income through 6 lawyers, 4 states (nation states that is) and 14 divided breacher loans.
edit on 28-4-2016 by yes4141 because: Addition

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

a reply to: snowspirit

OK phase them out incrementally and let people invest their own money in more effective ways than the government is doing it.

I promise you people will prgnizs effective localized support systems to help those in need if given the autonomy to do so.

I doubt that. Seriously. If it were true, you would have stated it in your OP, not wait until asked. Proving you don't care.

I think you are an angry individual who didn't get his high paying job out of college and wants to stomp on all the little people to "get his."

BTW, I make about $520 a month and get no handouts. Never have tried. Should I, OP? Kinda sucks not having a place to live but I became an expert overtime.
edit on 28/4/2016 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Loan shark? : 0

j/k

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

If you're serious about it, come up with a plan to get an MBA if you want to go the investment route. I've known people who have gone the tech route for it, they had to dual major in Business/Computer stuff and it wasn't easy. It's one sector where there's zero tolerance for screw up's. The slightest mistake costs firms billions. It pays very well though.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: stabstab
Easy there chief we have far too many people on those programs who would quite literally perish without them.

Or, their lives would change for the better, not being dependent on government? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

j/k

Not my line of work in finance i can ruin millions of lives at once instead of one at time

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

j/k

Not my line of work in finance i can ruin millions of lives at once instead of one at time

The hell is wrong with you, man?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

j/k

Ah, Fannie Mae, then?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

j/k

You won't go anywhere in finance if you weren't born or bred into it. Just saying.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Darwin.

Was going back and forth on if I wanted to respond to this one, but Darwin is a topic I like to slam. His ideals are often times misunderstood but are embraced by ultra competitive people. They like the idea that winning means they're more fit and better than the other person.

The world doesn't work that way though, the best person rarely wins. It's actually the average people who have the highest success rate. Usually it's bad qualities that cause a person to win... violence, being a sociopath, beating others into submission, and so on but those aren't qualities we associate with being positive. Even the concept of natural selection results on your success being based on an ability to hunt/harm/kill those who are weaker. It's an incredibly predatory mindset that is ultimately self destructive because everyone but the very top is weaker than someone.

originally posted by: TheBulk
Or, their lives would change for the better, not being dependent on government? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Self reliance only works when you have the means to provide for yourself.
edit on 28-4-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join