It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert sentenced to 15 months in prison

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Looks like former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert is going to prison.

He was convicted of crimes and he will now pay.

Terrible rino Hastert was a filth laden individual and has smeared all good people.

A bad choice of Humanity he is indeed.

Too bad these perverts and crooks can't be weeded out before they do their damage.

Former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert sentenced to 15 months in prison for covering up sexual abuse allegations

Former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert was sentenced to 15 months in prison on Wednesday by a judge who described him as a "serial child molester."

Federal judge Thomas Durkin said there's "nothing ambiguous about this ... this is sexual abuse." The judge also admonished Hastert's "unconscionable" attempt to accuse one of the victims of extortion.

Hastert had pleaded guilty to paying hush money to cover up the accusations. He must undergo sex offender treatment and two years of supervised release after his prison time. He was also hit with a $250,000 fine to go to a crime victims fund.

I won't send flowers when he dies

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think Dennis Hastert is a fine example of a republican.

www.911review.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Damn sad day when a child molester gets less than two years in prison and a small fine!

Fry the bastard!

S&F...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Unfortunately, the filth is everywhere.

Democrat Pedophiles and Sex Offenders Outnumber Repubs, many Dems re-elected

RINOS and DINOS are so prehistoric in their wickedness.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

15 months? You guys know if it had been anyone of us normal people we'd be looking at 20 + years...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I always have this problem with politicians getting exposed, they are all crooks if you ask me. think that falling from favor is why they get dumped, not any crime.

Having said that, if he's guilty… Fifteen Months?! The punishment the kids he molested are suffering will last a life time.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I think Dennis Hastert is a fine example of a republican.

www.911review.org...

Seriously? The very first reply?

Kids get molested, and the best we can do is try to score political points?

I think we are all better than this. Its time we started acting it.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

And he has to introduce himself to every neighbor and tell them personally that he is a sex offender. Always, everywhere he lives for the rest of his life.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Only 15 months? If he wasn't in the political spot light and was a nobody, he would have gotten a hell of a lot more than just 15 months! He was expected of molesting more than one kid. There's a criminal justice system for the rich, celebrities and government politicians, and than there's a separate justice system for us peons.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I wonder what kind of "prison" he will be put in. Too bad it won't be one where he can be among the general population of criminals. Only then would he get the kind of justice he really deserves, imo.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Assuming he survives prison.

edit on Apr-27-2016 by xuenchen because: perverts

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The sickest part of this story is the fact that many of his colleagues wrote letters to the court to help in his sentencing. Letters of support!... telling the court what a great guy, citizen and public servant he was. Again, we argue about Obama and Bush and Trump and Sanders and Hillary, but that's not the real problem. It's all these jerks in Congress. Let's get rid of them all.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Maybe someone w/a brain and some 'judicial juice' will get this turd to swap sentences w/the guy in Texas that is doing 20+ years for what amounts to a misdemeanor Cannabis charge. This just stinks. Should've charged the scumbag with each count and let Him then fry..

Maybe I'm miffed as this comes on the heels of another 'Ri¢hie' getting the skids greased.

www.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: KawRider9

And he has to introduce himself to every neighbor and tell them personally that he is a sex offender. Always, everywhere he lives for the rest of his life.

Ohhh the HORROR. /sarc off.

Any child molester should be castrated and live behind bars.

Maybe you support NAMBLA

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byteme285

15 months? You guys know if it had been anyone of us normal people we'd be looking at 20 + years...

The maximum sentence "us guys" would have been up for on what he was charged with is five years, so no "us guys" would not be looking at 20 plus.

The statute of limitations ran out on the sex crimes. He was sent to prison for violating banking laws when he tried to pay off his victims.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Here is the rest of My 'opinion' as it was cut off ..
A travesty of justice to the point that I'm actually now 'glad' I'm not pushing a blk./wh. through the ghetto as I might lose it and draw My first complaint..

In My State of Ca. recognized "Expert Opinion" this blows.

namaste

P.S. I probably shouldn't type this as this is My personal opinion.. I hope He has to crap in that bag for the rest of His pitiful Life and the bag leaks daily.. Or stick Him in 'Gen. Pop. and make Him wash underwear out of the 'Diarrhea Ward' w/His hand and mouth
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: personal opinion added

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
The sickest part of this story is the fact that many of his colleagues wrote letters to the court to help in his sentencing. Letters of support!... telling the court what a great guy, citizen and public servant he was. Again, we argue about Obama and Bush and Trump and Sanders and Hillary, but that's not the real problem. It's all these jerks in Congress. Let's get rid of them all.

Makes you wonder how many in our Federal government are involved.
Reminds me of "conspiracy of silence".

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

The maximum sentence "us guys" would have been up for on what he was charged with is five years, so no "us guys" would not be looking at 20 plus.

And yet you can get 20yrs easy for possession of marijuana.
Talk about screwed up priorities.........

Makes sense though if many of our 'elected' Federal officials are pedophiles.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: Shamrock6

And yet you can get 20yrs easy for possession of marijuana.
Talk about screwed up priorities.........

Makes sense though if many of our 'elected' Federal officials are pedophiles.

I have always been disappointed that there was a statute of limitations on child molestation. There are some crimes (rape, murder, etc) that just should not have an expiration date for prosecution.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Did you bother to read the article? Or any article about the situation? Being an elected official has precisely dick to do with his sentence. He was charged with what they could charge him with. And sentenced beyond what both the defense and prosecution were asking for.

If you want to discuss pot laws and sentencing, make a thread.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join