It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
What happened to dima and gryphen?
Both where once members but are now sadly gone
...what happened?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have also found that mad engineer is gone too, are we getting picked off or something?

Please! Some MOD enlighten me!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
*Hides gun*

Ermm...i dunno what you are talking about

*whistles*

Some members now and again, take breaks without telling anyone.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
*Hides gun*

Ermm...i dunno what you are talking about

*whistles*

Some members now and again, take breaks without telling anyone.

No i mean they where banned.
Hey....whats that lase-**pfff** arrggggh........

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Repeat T&C violations can result in the banning of an account.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
banned?!?!?

i cant remember hearing about anyone being banned. SkepticOverlord needs to do another update of banned members again.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Both of those users were banned for repeated (and extremely excessive) violations of the Terms and Conditions of Usage.

They received numerous warnings but still decided to ignore our polite remarks to "buck up" their attitudes.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
banned?!?!?

i cant remember hearing about anyone being banned. SkepticOverlord needs to do another update of banned members again.

There is no necessity to provide a detailed list of banned members as it detracts from the discussion the ATS forums are available for, not to mention it is quite time-consuming.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Never mind...you exsplained it for me.
Thank you simon gray.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
But surely if members of a 'conspiracy' web site are banned and no reason is given, this in turn becomes a conspiracy????????

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

But surely if members of a 'conspiracy' web site are banned and no reason is given, this in turn becomes a conspiracy????????

Nope it is simply that thay have broke the ATS rules over and over,
Despite u2u's asking to calm it down ect.

people are not banned for no reason,

No conspiracy

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thats exactly the answer I expected. Just like the ones we keep getting from the US and UK governments!

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat

Members are banned for a reason, this is quite obvious.

devilwasp wanted to know the reason why two members were banned, I told him.

How is this a conspiracy?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If someone is outright abusive, or posts views that are racist or insulting to certain sections of society, then yes ban them.

By simply repeating that "They broke the rules" does not answer anyones questions. It is more like the reply one can expect when trying to reason with a government department or other large organisation.

On a seperate note - how are moderators selected and how are the moderators moderated?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Dima and Gryphon got too deep in your secret ATS conspiracy didn't they? they had to be silenced didn't THEY?

Well, Dima hangs in russian forums so...but i'll miss his feedback...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTheCat
If someone is outright abusive, or posts views that are racist or insulting to certain sections of society, then yes ban them.

By simply repeating that "They broke the rules" does not answer anyones questions. It is more like the reply one can expect when trying to reason with a government department or other large organisation.

On a seperate note - how are moderators selected and how are the moderators moderated?

They repeatedly broke the rules set out in the Terms & Conditions. They were repeatedly abusive, outright rude to members and moderators, vile in their personal responses, and the list goes on... Give it a break.

Moderators are selected based on their contribution in the forums, their obvious intentions to further the motto and future milestones of ATS in general, and helpfulness to other users.

Moderators are moderated by super-moderators, super-moderators moderated by admin, and the admin by my big led-toed boot.

new topics

top topics

join