It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Habits Of A Happy Woman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
www.todaysthebestday.com...

This week we are focusing on being happy and learning how to find happiness RIGHT where you are, at this VERY moment. Whether you are single or married – have seven kids or none- each of us will go through challenges, trials and really REALLY hard days.
. . .
1. WAKE UP EARLY: Did you know you are more likely to have a happier and more successful day, just by waking up early and getting out of bed? Sometimes life is exhausting or we stay up WAY too late – and our bodies need rest. But happy people go to sleep at a decent hour, get 7-8 hours of sleep and wake up refreshed and ready for a new day.
2. THEY FIND THEIR SMILE: And they find it DAILY. After you wake up and hop in the shower – do something that makes you feel good. Find your smile within the first 30 minutes of waking up – whether you turn on the radio, cruise Social Media or have the perfect hair day! Find your smile and wear it ALL day long.
3. THEY SEE BEYOND IMPERFECTIONS: Happy people understand that life isn’t going to be flawless. They don’t judge others – in fact, they love almost everyone they come in contact with. They look for the good in their co-workers, their family members and even in themselves.
. . .

My notes (with some of my own commentary added):
--Fitting self-affirmations, 'positive confessions,' acknowledgement in one's own qualities etc.
--Movement of the body has long been correlated with better mood--even a good way to fight depression.
--Avoid negative self-talk. Avoid putting yourself down. Avoid replaying in your head negative junk. Avoid allowing others' negativity about you to have any 'air time' in your own head. On that score, Marisa Peer's 5 statements to say to negative 'carp' from others is a good habit to learn:
www.youtube.com...

--Be gentle with yourself--even your flaws, major goofs etc. Kicking yourself usually correlated more with repeating the same mistakes vs moving on and leaving them in the dust. Learn from them. Stop the key triggers and move on.
--Avoid downer p*ssy-moany people. Really. You wouldn't carry a rattlesnake around in your pocket or purse. Why carry negative corrosive people around in your head or daily schedule? Why carry chronically poisonous people in your mental medicine cabinet--i.e. your daily thoughts--where you decide your mental health for that moment, hour, day?
--Find wonderful, encouraging, upbeat people and cultivate THOSE relationships! If you have to find some almost-there likely candidates and nurture them into more positivity--do that.
--Go to old folks' homes and find the cheery souls there and enjoy some upbeat moments with them. Both of you'll benefit.
--Be thankful. Write 5-7 things you are thankful for in a blank book journal every day--perhaps just before sleep. It's a LOT more beneficial than the 10,000th commercial for the umpteenth time!
--Avoid the press of the tyrannical urgent. Take time to breathe, walk, think, reflect, meditate on redemptive thoughts, relationships and images.
--CHOOSE to cast everything in the best light. There are plenty of people who seem to have a full time job of casting everything in the worst light. You can resign from that role. It's only corrosive to your own life and happiness.

= = = =

Abraham Lincoln evidently said . . . "Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."

I've increasingly found it true in my life. And I wallowed in self-pity and disappointment, angst for the first 30 years of my life.

I love this saying:

"PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO THEIR OPINION and you have a right to ignore it."

See:

positivelifetips.com...

= = =

Misc. interesting link bonus for this post:
Interesting throw blankets of great creativity and diversity:
society6.com...

edit on 27/4/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

edit on 27/4/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I need to work at finding more happiness in my life. The articles look interesting.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Pillywiggin

I lived half my life before I realized that I had a LOT more control over my emotions and my emotional well-being--in spite of my significant attachment disorder--than I'd ever realized or made use of.

If others influence our emotions--we have surrendered that control to them and/or to mindless "circumstances."

If we discover that we have surrendered control of our emotional well being to others--we can take it back--however decisively and forcefully we have to in order to achieve the desired result.

Corrie ten Boom could find some hope at the site of a bird through a window in her concentration camp. Paul and Silas sang hymns in prison. Probably I could learn to do better. And I did. I can still do better. But I'm chipping away at it.

Thanks for your kind reply.

join