It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz to name Carly Fiorina as VP

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well yeah... if he was honorable he would have done that, but he isn't and he wants the WH so badly he is willing to sink the entire party to get it. That alone should have disqualified him this time and at any time in the future IMO.

But no. He's trotted out Fiorina to pander for the female vote. I only hope that (the majority of) women aren't that stupid.
edit on 4/27/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Carly talking and driving wedges.

She's trying to put Trump and Hillary in the same column.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

I am glad I wasn't drinking anything

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
This seems more a move made for the general election then it does the primaries. Cruz has a problem with women voter and while not near as bad as Trumps it still dooms him in the general election. Adding Carly will not help. People do not vote for the VP. And women voters are not stupid sticking a women on the ticket is not going change minds. The sad part is Carly would have better chance to win the national election than either Cruz or Trump.

You watch too much cable news, Trump doesn't have a problem amongst women or any other minority group. All of it seems fabricated to me, from what I have seen.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Since when does a Presidential Candidate Name a Running Mate BEFORE they are Actually Nominated ? Talk about putting the Cart before the Horse.........

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
Dear God! She's singing on live tv.

Yea, I will truly freak the hell out if they start singing "Kum Ba Yah My Lord! At this point anything Cruz does to try and get a better position will most likely be horrific!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I can't even with the singing. WTF?

Kim Jung Un laughing his arse off along with so many others right now.

link   

Ted has an image problem. Too many people don't trust or like him. Anyone he gets as his VP isn't going to help him become more likeable.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
what else could he do?

He could have salvaged his future in national level politics and gracefully bowed out when the floodwaters reached his oddly shaped chin. All he's doing now is neutering any shot he may have retained a few months ago of running for POTUS in 2020 or 2024.

This was his only chance, the GOP abandoned by its moderates and Reagan style Republicans was ripe for somebody like Cruz or Trump. Cruz knows that the party is about to come crashing down in this election and he sees himself as somebody who can soften the blow, where as he sees Trump as somebody who will do much more long term damage adding a long term stigma to the party. Cruz seems to think his stigma is less repulsive to most Americans than Trumps. After this election the GOP is going to clean house of the Cruzs and Trumps and work to going back to a more traditional moderate conservative party. If he can sell himself as the the guy who saved the party from Trumps stigma then he might find a place in the party still.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
She's good....really good. She is sure "selling" him. She just got through saying how much Ted's little girls adore him, yet once again this morning, I saw that oldest child pull away from him when he bent down to kiss her.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

This seems more a move made for the general election then it does the primaries. Cruz has a problem with women voter and while not near as bad as Trumps it still dooms him in the general election. Adding Carly will not help. People do not vote for the VP. And women voters are not stupid sticking a women on the ticket is not going change minds. The sad part is Carly would have better chance to win the national election than either Cruz or Trump.

You watch too much cable news, Trump doesn't have a problem amongst women or any other minority group. All of it seems fabricated to me, from what I have seen.

I do not watch the news. I read polling data. And Trump has a huge problem with Women, minorities, Independents, Democrats and half the GOP. And when I say huge, I mean numbers so bad they have never been seen in polling before.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

After hearing that, I need a drink!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Since when does a Presidential Candidate Name a Running Mate BEFORE they are Actually Nominated ? Talk about putting the Cart before the Horse.........

Didn't Clinton announce Gore as his running mate prior to being granted the nomination at their convention?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Fail. Trump is a moderate. The party is struggling against an inner core that has become more and more liberal in their fiscal and social policies. They need to clean house, but it needs to be the Paul Ryans, Mitt Romneys, and John Kasiches that are shown the door... not their centrist and right of center members.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
What are you talking about, Trump has brought millions into the GOP party.

You don't destroy somthing by making it better.

Now if the party was shrinking because of him it would be one thing, but it's not.

I think you are making all this anti Trump stuff up.

None of the things you are attributing to Trump are true.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Didn't Clinton announce Gore as his running mate prior to being granted the nomination at their convention?

No he didn't.

Ronald Reagan did this trick when he lost against Gerald Ford in 1976.
He put a GOP liberal as his VP in a desperate attempt to beat Ford who was like Trump way ahead of him

This is a desperation move on Cruz's part

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Cruz is so delusional to think he could win a general election, regardless of VP.
His constant disregard for the will of the people, by continuing to act like he has a chance, is just going to make people angrier.

You think this election is bad? Wait until all the coddled/entitled children of the 90s/2000s are old enough to be in the running. They've all been taught they are "special" and are growing up with this PC Movement being shoved down their throats. We'll be seeing a lot more of this in the next 30-40 years (idk if I'll still be around, but a boy can dream!)

You're right of course.

The future is very bleak. We have raised a generation of sissies.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I do not watch the news. I read polling data. And Trump has a huge problem with Women, minorities, Independents, Democrats and half the GOP. And when I say huge, I mean numbers so bad they have never been seen in polling before.

...yet with several large states remaining, he just set the new bar on most GOP votes received in a primary cycle, surpassing the 10 million figure. Hmmm... wasn't it just a few months ago that many were saying there was no way in hell Trump would even win a single state? Didn't it then become "he can't win enough delegates to be a factor?" Now it's magically supposed to be assumed accurate for the same folks to predict he loses the general?

It's not happening, man. Trump is taking this one all the way.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Premature or not, Carly is definitely a good pick. She is very talented and knowledgeable and would make a terrific VP. She was my pick early on and I was sorry to see her drop out as early as she did. I would still pay big bucks to see her and Hillary in a debate, one on one. Carly would eat her lunch!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I just wiki'd this. Clinton DID announce Gore 4 days prior to the start of the DNC.
en.wikipedia.org...
Different situation, as Clinton was a lock for the nomination, but he did put the cart before the horse on this.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join