It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery smoke/mushroom cloud filmed billowing from Area 51 area [VIDEO]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PhotonEffect

A B-52 taking off on a test had the bolts fire and both external fuel tanks separate. They started a fire when they hit the ground.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Was that supposed to happen?

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

No. The tanks are designed to do that, but they weren't supposed to on that flight. They're expensive to replace so aren't dropped unless it's an emergency usually. It's rare but it happens on accident sometimes. There's a short in the system, or the explosives in the bolts haven't been checked and they get a spurious signal, etc.
edit on 4/28/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhotonEffect
a reply to: gariac

Did not realize that. The video was published just a few days ago.
What was the other thread? I couldn't find it

original video

I haven't looked on ATS for the old discussion, but I know I saw this video before. It starts out with this driver trying to shoot the dash of his car with what a guess is called camera phone while driving about 80mph on Route 93 north of I-15, which is a two lane road. Not very smart.

The fire doesn't appear to be in the restricted range.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

There does not appear to be nearly enough brush on that terrain to have any kind of large fire occur for any prolonged period. Is it possible that they had an air crash, something that they were testing just had a major failure and plummeted into the ground.

Don't confuse the terrain in the immediate view of the camera with the terrain on a hill side. The hill sides tend to have a lot of brush. It is probably a function of convective currents drawing what little moisture is on the ground up the hillside at night, plus a lack of cattle grazing on the hillside versus the flat land.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
May be that's how Aliens likes to smoke

top topics

<< 1   >>

join