It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 5

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: cody599
I'll be 19 in June. Why?

I already await what judgment you will deliver at my moronic ideas. Maybe they are. I'm not sure. I think they are valid, but what do I know.

At 18 I had a bike crash that put me in hospital for 3 1/2 months, I broke my legs in 17 places (compound fractures to both femurs)

At 19 I found my the woman I wanted to love and spend my life with

At 21 she presented me a sword that to this day I treasure

At 23 my world collapsed and I emigrated

At 25 I killed for the first time

At 30ish I got divorced and lost my kids

At 40 I was living with my parents

At 48 My kids found me

My point..................................I had a plan..........

Regardless of what you think Tiamat, regardless of how diligent you are life will always throw you a curve ball.

Cody

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Of course it will. Frankly my entire life up to now is the result of major curve ball. I can't go into details, but it has limited possibilities for some time. Soon enough that will change, in a few years. But see. I have no plan. That is the issue. Sometimes I'd like to slam my head into a wall for the things I think, the things I say and the things I share with people. I don't know what I want to do with my life. Not at this very moment. I know what I want of life, but the road there is not so clear.

I know one thing. I can leave everyone and anyone in the world without a good bye and I can set all bridges on fire. I have learned to be alone, for that was the state I have been in my entire life. Not alone to the most extreme points, but I have relied upon myself for any support. Or so I see it.

But in response to what you are trying to convey, are you suggesting that there is no need for a plan?
edit on 1-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

For clarification I have had my mother for my entire life but relied on myself primarily for emotional support(reading that now and it sounds pathetic) and have had great fear of losing her.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=20670579]Tiamat384[

LOVE

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Love? Love is the light and purpose for me to even exist. The love of my mother and my desire to love someone romantically and have children. To love someone. That is my purpose

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Love is the answer
Cody

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I believe love is the greatest purpose, joy and goal of life, but it is not the answer as sweet as it sounds. Not the answer to this question that I hold and that is what to do with life; what road to take.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well, I can't say much for the band name. I really think I'd get in trouble if I typed it here. Anywho, the music isn't all that bad.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Love? Love is the light and purpose for me to even exist. The love of my mother and my desire to love someone romantically and have children. To love someone. That is my purpose

Hun, I could be wrong...but I think Cody means...bigger.
To love...everyone.

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."

Some of us here have lived through things you cannot imagine...and we would never want you to.
jacy xoxo

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
The same is true of me; having lived through that which you have not. Love everyone? I believe love ought to be shone on those who deserve it, those closest and most definitely not to everyone.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The same is true of me; having lived through that which you have not. Love everyone? I believe love ought to be shone on those who deserve it, those closest and most definitely not to everyone.

But who are you to judge who is worthy? For you know not what they have survived.

jacy xoxo

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I love those who are close to me. Are they worthy or not is no matter. If they are important to me then I shall love them. If they are of no importance to me then I shall not.

For example I will not put energy into loving someone who is a stranger merely because of some utopian or Christian beliefs. These are not my beliefs. Likewise I will not love someone who wishes me or someone close ill.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I know hunny...I remember me at 18.

Had enough trauma/drama/abuse that I should hate the world.
It's okay.
Graduating from the School of Hard Knocks gives you a much better education than Yale or Harvard.

jacy

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Immaturity has nothing to do with it. For much of my life I imagined my mother dying or being taken from me. All of these imaginings were the result of life and the hand dealt. So the suggested immaturity is not an answer. I will never love those who I do not know. Simply because it is not my nature. If this makes me a bad or immoral human being then so be it and if others think so then I will bid adieu because I do not seek conflict and nothing holds me firmly to this place, though I love it.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."

I am the walrus!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Whoa hun, nobody is calling you immature. Being young is not the same.
I don't judge you. I don't judge anyone.

Please don't take it personally, you know I respect you here...and accept you...and love you.

Look at the stars I've received. It's no biggy, but it IS acknowledgment by other 'elders' I'm assuming.

God willing, one day you will be one. A beautiful one.
A happy one.
jacy xoxo

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I just noticed the silver border under my avatar. I don't know how I missed that lol. When did I get that?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I just noticed the silver border under my avatar. I don't know how I missed that lol. When did I get that?

Congrats Skid!
It's for your trophy points or something...lol...

I have a Barbie pink border...custom made.
I knows people.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Why the whoa, that is too much shock for something that deserves none. Stars. Stars suggest popularity. Something actually I don't quite understand. Flags sure, to show that a thread is of interest. But stars? Merely popularity contest points. There is no need of having them, but they are here so fine. Perhaps I ought to take a break anyways. From it all. And what is it you mean by "one".

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

A happy elder person.

Sheesh, I'm going to prep for Game of Thrones.

This is just a misunderstanding, and I really only meant kindness.
Have a great night everyone.
jacy

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well if I live up to that point and find someone's brains then I may become one.

Have fun with the show. Misunderstanding, sure, but might take leave for some time. Exhausted right now..

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join