It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 5

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Forgot to say...Syx, I am looking forward to your next entry. I will try to write something soon. I know, I keep saying that. But, really I will.

JustMike, I think I finished chapter 9. Hard to read when on the computer, but I'll get to reading more soon. very interesting!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599
I couldn't help myself. I love the song.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: jacygirl

Awwwww, every time I see your ferret it reminds me of my Minka who died years ago. RIP sweet ferret girl! They are the most interest pets to have, but you have to literally ferret proof your house. I'm sure you know what I mean. LOL

Sorry Night...*gasp*...still flopping around laughing and snorting...at your turtle...like a bat out of hell..omg, that's funny!!

Umm, yeah...it looks like a daycare in here. Tunnels, toys, bags, boxes...then she goes and sleeps in my bedroom closet. When I lose her...I will lose a part of me.
jacy xoxo

I bet she hides things too. Anytime we'd find something missing like a pen or keys or a sock or anything, we knew where here hiding spot was for all her 'treasures'. She had dug a nice hole from under the couch and she would go there to sleep. If you get one of those dog squeaky toys and squeak it, she would come running. She was stupid, because she fell for it every time. LOL

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ok, you guys are addicting and If I stay here, I'll never get anything done. Be back later.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Have a good one Night! CatchYa later!

I'm off too. Have a great day one and all!!

edit on 1-5-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I couldn't help myself. I love the song.

That album is huge part of childhood, if you don't know every word to every song, you aint family LOL

Cody

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Just saying good morning to everyone
.... I... *cringe* .... didn't quite manage to catch up last night. Think I'll just give up and see what I see at this rate, haha.

My partner was sick all last night, my son woke up at 4am and is refusing to listen to me today, I'm tired and want an energy drink but we have yet another public holiday today siiiigh, only have one coffee left so I guess it'll have to do.

(Yes, I am complaining about a public holiday. Because while I'm happy that IIII'm not working, I'm annoyed that others aren't either!! hahaha.... wow... I'm terrible.)

((on that note, I've already decided that when it's the end of the world as we know it, I'm raiding grocery stores for their energy supplies. And I will be known as the Caffeine Queen, all will bow to me.)) I say this tongue in cheek, shh.

(((on a similar note!!! I won't be popping in much for the next week or so... my few free times are to be used for gaming. Fallout 4 has unleashed survival mode, and I am so so so chuffed that I can play it when responsibilities allow. As a result! I may end up with even more inspiration for my Cryolady Story!! Woooo! By the time I do the next chapter of that we'll probably be on Shed 22 LOL!!!)))

So many brackets, I'm sorry. Overtired and chatty haha.

*dunks head in coffee*

edit on 1 5 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Your silly. I hope your partner feels better. Enjoy the gaming. Ok what holiday is the holiday today?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Labour Day today!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Good morning kaelci

This may help

Cody

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Thanks Cody!

*glug-glug-glug*

.... There was no virtual milk in my virtual coffee! Uh oh!
*caffeine rush*

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Upon making my way back to my dorm beneath the dreary skies, holding a cup of hot coffee, listening to New Model Army and feeling droplets of rain drizzle down to me I've come to the realization that I am tired of a race I have barely even entered, if at all. That race being the rat race. I care little about having some grand future, though I dream of a family. But I have no concern for wealth or grandeur or these grades and formal education.

Perhaps it is my youthful ignorance, lack of experience and general stupidity as a youth, but I hold no concern for the things I stress about. I have fears I will flunk from this place of "higher education", but am not concerned for my own sake, not really. I stress over these issues because my beloved mother places importance and it is vital that she be happy and proud of me, but for me, for me these things are of no concern.

I will of course continue on this road I am on, but should I wander off because of a flat tire I do not think I will be filled with fear for the future, but at worst the shame and sadness to not make my beloved mother proud.

Just the thoughts of a being in development lost in this strange land we call life, wondering just what makes this struggle worth anything at all.

I'd like to edit to say that it matters much more how I write a simple statement than these pointless endeavors.
edit on 1-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Hey, you've read chapter 9 already? That's great!
A lot of things start happening from then on. I'm glad you're enjoying it, in spite of the computer.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Oh around Chapter Nine was the best!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384
You know, I think I comprehend what you are saying, at least to some degree. I did the college thing and then left it, much to my parents' disappointment. But I went back later, when it had value to me and was not only something I was doing because they expected me to. The second time around, it was actually much easier. Just being a few years older helped, along with having a better personal vision of the purpose of this "formal education".

But truly, I still feel that what I write means more to me than what I learned in those times of study. And for the few who read anything I produce, I doubt they even care what I studied. It's what I do now, with what I've learned (or not) from life and how it is expressed... That is what matters.

You already have the ability to express yourself well, far better than many have, regardless of their age or how many post-nominal letters they may have. Education can help a writer, but it can't create one. You are one already, and which way it takes you -- and you take it -- depends on your choices, not someone else's visions for what you "need to study".

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Upon making my way back to my dorm beneath the dreary skies, holding a cup of hot coffee, listening to New Model Army and feeling droplets of rain drizzle down to me I've come to the realization that I am tired of a race I have barely even entered, if at all. That race being the rat race. I care little about having some grand future, though I dream of a family. But I have no concern for wealth or grandeur or these grades and formal education.

Perhaps it is my youthful ignorance, lack of experience and general stupidity as a youth, but I hold no concern for the things I stress about. I have fears I will flunk from this place of "higher education", but am not concerned for my own sake, not really. I stress over these issues because my beloved mother places importance and it is vital that she be happy and proud of me, but for me, for me these things are of no concern.

I will of course continue on this road I am on, but should I wander off because of a flat tire I do not think I will be filled with fear for the future, but at worst the shame and sadness to not make my beloved mother proud.

Just the thoughts of a being in development lost in this strange land we call life, wondering just what makes this struggle worth anything at all.

I'd like to edit to say that it matters much more how I write a simple statement than these pointless endeavors.

If I may ask

How old are you ?

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike
Jokingly I'd like to suggest a conspiracy that the idea of college being a necessity is essentially free advertisement and is a socially engineered way for permitting for a continuous flow of money to certain wealthy people's pockets. In the end college is a business after all and the best way to keep a business going is by making everyone think they need it.

But in all seriousness, it just seems a bit pointless for me to be studying when I have absolutely no idea what it is I'd like to study or do with my life. College is pushed forth onto us so much as to the point I think I'd be considered an idiot to leave it. And perhaps they'd be right. Perhaps this is an ignorant way of looking at the world, but I can't help but think there is more to this then half doing something I'm expected to do. At the same time what am I to do if I quit? Work clearly. But where and what?

To the creation of a writer, it would appear that if you read a large quantity of books you will absorb the possibilities of sentence structure.

I'm just trying to figure out what to do with my life. I'll end up dead one day just like everyone else and none of this will have mattered. Yet here I am unsure because I am not free to live as I'd like. We all have constraints and I have just the one, but she matters more than anyone or anything.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

He is 19 or 18

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'll be 19 in June. Why?

I already await what judgment you will deliver at my moronic ideas. Maybe they are. I'm not sure. I think they are valid, but what do I know.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Thanks Q

Now I have a timeline

Cody

new topics

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join