It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 5

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Hey silly chirp go rest your perch good night too

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Soon to go...

I tried but, sleep wouldn't come.

I called and called.

Will try again in a few!

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
You want some mustard and biscuits? MMHMM.

My brother is banned from watching that. He has Tourette's and mimics things sometimes. That sound he makes is one of them. He'll do it constantly if he watches the movie. Drives my sister in law up the wall lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

You will soon be at 10,000

posts.

We should celebrate!

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I didn't even know I was that far along. Wow lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Reckon you make me some biscuits?

MMhMM

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I reckon. MMHmm.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Where did you go? Did you go to bed?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
"It blazed quickly and hot. She lifted a corner of the black bag and held the book to it. Making sure it caught. The flames were tall and it only took a few minutes for the bag and all of its contents to disappear into shards of black feathers. The breeze caught the feathers and they floated up and up toward the passing clouds of nightfall. The Bird turned her back to the embers and slowly made her way toward the path. It would be a long night, to be sure. Perhaps, she should have saved some Vodka!"

"Better move along fast" Bird thought to herself. "It will be dark soon". She trampled along the path. Hickory and briars had begun to clog the way. Years of no foot traffic. She figured that she would need to find a decent spot to bed down for the night. She would travel on until that spot manifested itself.

Bird looked up to the full moon.

Thankfully it lit her path. The woods were mysterious and all of the night creatures were aware of her presence. She trekked about 5 miles and stopped at the crest of a hill. The hill was full of willows. "This will be camp tonight" she told herself. She began to gather wood for the night. Without the moonlight, this would have been more difficult.

STOP became her mantra. Sit down. Think. Observe. Prepare. Okay, first things first, tinder. She collected a small bunch of pine, grass, and leaves. Thank gosh it was the dry season.

Bird made a fireboard and a spindle from one of the Willows (thank you!). The knife she saved from the burning garbage bag will turn out to be quite the necessity! After much time, the tinder lit and Bird had warmth and the needed light to ward off any predators.

Bird found a rock. A beautiful flat rock and placed it under her head an layed down beside the fire. She would be cozy and warm except for the dew that would settle on her overnight. She only needed a couple of hours sleep and then she would resume her journey. She would continue on, looking for her friends.

Bird stared up at the stars wondering who, if anyone, was staring back. Feeling alone and isolated she recalled all of the good times she and her friends had had. A smile crept across her face as she drifted off to her dreams.

Bird fell into the deepest sleep and as she did, in the distance not far off, the leaves rustled. Birds stirred in their nests, anxious. In the distance a wolf howled... The fire blazed and the Bird rested peacefully, for now.

edit on 30-4-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
That was good. Was the book on fire, too or did it make the fire? Or was it a book of matches?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

LOL

We shall see...

*bows head deeply cause Skid read my stuff*

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Feel free

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Anyone mind if I come?

Sorry, hangs head in shame and walks off

I couldn't help it.
edit on 30-4-2016 by 1984hasarrived because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I'm thinking it was a match book because Bird then used a fire board and spindle to make fire later, meaning no matches because the whole book of them burned.
edit on 30-4-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Prolly rubbed two boy scouts together ...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely
Um...There are so many things I can say to that and none that won't get me banned. Thanks for the image in my head.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Ummm ...
Nuh !

🙂🙂

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
OK, a long one from me, makes a change. Brevity is the wotsit of thingy, is my usual motto.

>> I get that feeling regularly NS

NS
originally posted by: Tiamat384
You know how it is...you get enraged at the stupidity of other people and just want to slam a chair into their heads...

As soon as I saw the title of the thread, I knew there would be trouble in there.

>> TMI, NS

TN
reply to: Tiamat384

I don't think you would be banned.

Perhaps 'spanked'. I've been spanked and it wasn't bad. LOL

>> You can't leave now, yoiu are caught in the spider's web of The Shed.

Tiamat
I don't know. I figure if I do something wrong I'll get banned and bye bye. Other times I feel I ought to leave ATS behind and not come back, but then I realize. Well, what then. Who do I have? No one. I am alone and I rely on ATS, specifically the Shed now, for companionship. My solitary/isolationist policy has gone further than I ever wanted and for now there is no reversing it. I apologize if I ever bring the Shed down. I am not great with dealing with emotions and I have little more, if anything/anyone, than the Shed.

>> Absolute rubbish, notice - no pity or sympathy

tiamat

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 11:08
a reply to: Night Star
If others cry, then it is fine. I must help them. If it is me. Well. I am the cause of my pain. I lost love? I cry and deserve no one's comfort. I brought it upon myself. My actions lead to this. I am no good. And please no pity or sympathy, and make no claim that I seek these. Perhaps I seek a hug, but what I said. I do believe. I am unworthy. Another may love me and this is fine, but show to me no care, no warmth, no comfort.

edit on 30-4-2016 by 1984hasarrived because: typo (another)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The wrong way, no doubt

originally posted by: Timely

Prolly rubbed two boy scouts together ...

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely
Sorry.

If you haven't noticed I have a twisted sense of humor. Things go sideways in a hurry.

edit on 30-4-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
No apology needed ... I have a reasonably good sense of humour.

Sideways is for skid steers ...

Or drifters ...

😎
edit on 30-4-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join