It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 5

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike
I've read of how they're figuring out ways to "rewire" the human brain in people who have had strokes, in order to get around the damaged areas so stroke victims can have mobility and whatnot. Too bad there isn't a way to do that for people with other ailments.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
There has not been an hour of the day or night that I have not done paid work in my working life. One of my favorite jobs was the graveyard shift in a petrol station. (Gas station for US readers.) I really loved that. It was so quiet and peaceful and I loved the dawn.

But getting up early? I am not a fan, even though I have to do it every week. So, yeah... Coffee. I always have extra stocks on hand, just in case of some absurd cataclysm. You can use coffee for barter when times are hard.

As you might know, coffee plays a role in my new book. And I think most readers can relate to it.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yes, it can work for strokes. It's also a reason why many women who have strokes recover better than men do. They have more connections between the hemispheres, apparently, and from what I've read, tend to use the hemispheres more equally. More task sharing between them, so to speak. But whatever the reason, it's a medical fact that their risk of fatal stroke is less and their recovery rates and levels are better.

Generalized cerebral atrophy is different because it affects the whole brain. Besides destroying brain cells (or reducing their function), it also wrecks neuron connections. All over the place. So it's much harder for the brain to cope and adapt, because the changes are ongoing. Kind of like trying to repair holes in a dam when the water is still pouring through and creating more damage. It will undo whatever repairs you try to make, or damage something else that is trying to support your repairs. And meanwhile, it makes new damage and causes more holes.

So, her behavior has gone from go-go-go the past several days to almost somnambulant, with long sleep periods in between. She's slept at least 50 hours since Tuesday evening.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Trying to get caught up in here. Mike, I want you to know that I am praying for your wife, for her peace and comfort. I think of you and how difficult this must be for you to have to watch her go through this and it is heart wrenching I'm sure. We are all here for you Sweetie.

I only got to chapter 7 of your book, but I will try to find more time to read online. It's getting really interesting!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hi, back at you...spread a little thin, but aren't we all...and that's an understatement, but don't we all make them?...I'm just wishing I had paid more attention in school (regular, not fish) as I think I need to start getting familiar with the insides of atoms. Anyone know how thin we can get before we disappear?

Hitchhiker's Guide? Anyone know the probability factor?

Holy sh...., I just realized that I'm a fish and don't know any languages but metaphor. Plus I do more babbling than clowning! Help!!!

Please don't shove me in anyone's ears.

Well, on second thought, that might be fun.

Been thinking of the thread about favorite songs. I've been hearing these words echo lately..."They're coming to take me away, ho ho, he he, ha ha"...anyone remember that one?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish
You mean this song? Funny stuff.

ETA: On the B side of the original album it featured the song played backward.
edit on 29-4-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hmmm. Everybody left. Oh well. I'll leave this here in case there are any Jackson Browne fans.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You started playing the theme music. Everyone is hiding now......

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Have a lovely time, Gordi. And please bring some pics back. Let us all dream a little about being there. I miss Scotland, especially its magical Highlands and the islands.

Just arrived on the island. And i have a phone signal, for a chabge! Weather sensational! Here's the view from the "Ocean Bar"

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
Which one? The Napoleon XIV one?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

How quickly can I get there through a portal??????

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Cooch, wherever you are, the picture you posted was just breath taking! I have said this before and I'll say it again, you could sell your photos to places that do cards and calendars or magazines etc. They are professionally done!

Martin, I think it was you that posted the dog chasing its shadow and that cracked me up! LOL

Kim, your pics are always amazing as well!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hello to everyone who popped in today and who might be soon arriving!

Ok, I need to know who is writing a story line in here and if anyone began one already. I have been hopelessly behind in here from the beginning of our new home here.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here is my home State. I didn't get to share when others were sharing in the past.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Thank you. Just would like to share a little something with you all. This is pic of my wife Dada and I, taken with my laptop's pretty LQ webcam, back on Jan 1 this year about one hour after midnight. I just like the pic.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
That's a gorgeous pic, Gordi. Many thank for sharing!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Yep, that's it. Know both sides well.

I had a longer Reply but forgot to hit Reply...thanks for the laugh...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Cheers!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
a reply to: Night Star
Thank you. Just would like to share a little something with you all. This is pic of my wife Dada and I, taken with my laptop's pretty LQ webcam, back on Jan 1 this year about one hour after midnight. I just like the pic.

Absolutely beautiful.
In every way!

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join