It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 5

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
Sweet !!!

Spit roasted lamb at Gordi's place this weekend.

I'll bring a nice merlot ... šŸ˜Ž

šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ·

Ahaa! Antipodean D has seen through my cunning plan! LOL

Merlot would be nice, thank you!

Ohhhhhh - it's just started snowing outside!!!!

Winter is here! AGAIN!! LOL

PS - I just noticed! You can see the wooden pallet I used to block the hole in the corner of the hedge/fence in that wee video clip!!
edit on 28-4-2016 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a PS

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 (just keeping 3 at a time for reference, we all know how fast this thread can zoom!! haha)

Part 4!
- - - - - -
Her brain swam about her skull as she blinked slowly, consciousness gradually returning to her. Sluggishly she opened her eyes, wincing at the brightness of the fire that crackled barely a metre away, and slowly, she peered about her surroundings. Where was she? Not home. This fire, if anything, only smacked the nature of this new reality into her soul. Sadness and despair were all she could sense in her mind; she no longer cared. Her life was gone. She stared into the flickering flames of the fire and imagined her bright-eyed son; so cheerful, smart, and wonderful. All was lost.

She heard the manā€™s discreet clear of the throat behind her, but she refused to turn her head, preferring to stare into the dancing flames. ā€œMissusā€¦ I got some water for ya, itā€™s been boiled a few times soā€™s safe, and cooked up as simple a soupā€™s ya gonna get in this weather.ā€

Wordlessly and without meeting the manā€™s eyes, she accepted the stained flask of water and declined the soup of suspicious smells, even if she felt hunger she doubted she would be able to stomach anything that smelt like that! The water at least was somewhat clean and barely held any taste, it was warm and went down her throat easily, removing the dryness that she had felt since that moment she tumbled from the cryo-contraption.

The minutes passed slowly in an uncomfortable silence before the man cleared his throat once more. ā€œDo ya have a name?ā€

A nameā€¦ she closed her eyes and rubbed her brow. What did it even matter? ā€œAlexis.ā€ she sighed, uncaring that the word had escaped her mouth easily and that her voice had returned to normal.

ā€œIā€™m Natā€¦ā€ he hesitated as he contemplated his words. ā€œSaid ya got a son?ā€

She whipped her face up and glared at the man, meeting his blue eyes with a fury almost unknown to her. ā€œI donā€™t anymore, do I!? Iā€™ve been frozen for God only knows how long and now Iā€™m in this strange new world where apparently it even snows! How fitting! From ice into snow!ā€ returning her eyes sullenly to the fire, she sighed once more, her fury fading away near instantly, speaking to herself rather than to thisā€¦ Nat fellow. ā€œI hope he was strong without his mother.ā€ and blinked away her gathering tears.

Nat stoked the flames without a word, obviously feeling awkward though Alexis could care less. Who was he anyway? Why was he down in the depths of the laboratory freeing these human icicles? Wrinkling her brow, she remembered that he had said ā€˜weā€™ā€¦ but there was only him. Doubts rapidly formed in her mind as she looked at him suspiciously. ā€œWhy even free me?ā€

He cleared his throat once more before taking a sip of that offensive soup, before finally speaking. ā€œWell missus, my group and myself was searchinā€™ these ruins here for some salvage, our base was needing some resources, aye. And we found this big metal tube and climbed down heres and we found all these metal houses with frozen people. One a room!ā€ He took another sip of the soup. ā€œAll the houses we opened, they diā€™nt even breathe once. My guys diā€™nt bother openinā€™ more, said no point in havinā€™ corpses rottinā€™ the place. But, see, I had a mind, see? I said this missus be diffā€™rent soā€™s I stayed down heres and right I was!ā€

Alexis stared mindlessly into the manā€™s eyes. She was here because of a whim, nothing more. She could have stayed frozen forever! Or died like those others she had not even known existedā€¦ and she would not have known this feeling of pain and dullness intertwining themselves to form a strange apathy within her, she would not have known that her son had likely died over a hundred years ago without his motherā€™s love and comfort. Damn that professor. Damn that advertisement. Damn that money she had desperately dreamed of! Damn it all!

She wrenched her eyes away from his and stared at the flames once more, speaking barely above a whisper. ā€œI wish I had died like those others.ā€

Nat exhaled sharply and suddenly spoke harshly. ā€œWell ya diā€™nt. Ya might not like it and I feel ya, I do. My own missus and son died durinā€™ third snow a coupla years past. We take the hand of fate and we deals with it.ā€ He hastily climbed to his feet and started walking towards the door. ā€œYa can come with me and be part of my group, or stay down heres and suffer in ya thoughts, the choice belongs only to yaself.ā€

Watching as the man walked away, Alexis was unsure of what to do. He was walking away from her! She couldnā€™t stay down here, alone, could she? No. She couldnā€™t. She swallowed heavily as she watched as the gap between her and Nat increased. She would not stay down here to die alone in her misery. She would follow this man with the strange dialect. And she would at least see what her world had become.

Climbing to her feet, she shuffled from foot to foot for a few moments, gaining her balance and losing her wobbles, and found herself hurrying after Natā€¦ not even daring to imagine what she might find in the world that remained above this laboratory.

edit on 28 4 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Good morning everyone!!!! So sorry, I fell asleep on the couch last night
I will work to get caught up and will then write all my personalized messages.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Good morning Martin75 here is a cookie!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
I will work to get caught up

*waves* good morning

"Work to get caught up"... that's exactly what it feels like sometimes, isn't it! LOL. Work!

I finished work this afternoon, came home, logged on here, saw 18 pages had passed during my hours away and rushed to catch up, heart racing as I saw that I was halfway through my catchup and it was now at 19 pages, and then 20.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

The bathtub ate all the monsters up. Oh sometimes a good fall off the bed can do no harm. I woke up on the floor. I am still wondering how I fell off the bed lol.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Good evening to you. I hope work was a fun day for you. Rest your soul tonight.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Ah, another beautiful spring day in Scotland

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

originally posted by: Timely
Sweet !!!

Spit roasted lamb at Gordi's place this weekend.

I'll bring a nice merlot ... šŸ˜Ž

šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ·

Ohhhhhh - it's just started snowing outside!!!!

Winter is here! AGAIN!! LOL

PS - I just noticed! You can see the wooden pallet I used to block the hole in the corner of the hedge/fence in that wee video clip!!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

If you were a lass I'd say Ewe did a great job.
As it is you must settle for being another Good Shepard.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Evening!
almost off to sleepyland...
Work was good today, nice and slow and no people yelling at me
always good. I finish at the end of next month!
Looking forward to it! I can sit here and write and write and write and perfect my writing, haha.

Time for sleep.
I hope everyone has a swell day

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Drat you beat me to the pun.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Thank you kind sir,
If you had brought your dog with you, I would pat the Mutt-on the head.
I'm still feeling slightly woolly after all my exertions this morning to be honest.
But "baste" on previous experience, I shall soon be minty-fresh again.
Ready to give the ogres and orcs a good roasting!

I know... I KNOW!!!! LOL

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Goodnight sweet B,
We knights of the shed realm shall watch over you as you slumber!

GREAT story post btw!

Well done you.

G

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
AND fried snicker bars!!!! But nothing will EVER be better than a funnel cake covered in powered sugar. I mean come onā€¦..itā€™s fried dough!!!

Iā€™m telling you Quant, we will turn you country!!!! Good morning!!! Ahhh I love my cookie!!

a reply to: fossilera
Hey honey how are you? Any new videos for us?

a reply to: Skid Mark
I think I was a sick kid. We used to pull off the light and rub them on our fingers as nail polish. Poor little lightning bugs!

a reply to: Night Star
Oh sweetie!!!! So glad you are finally home!!! Sorry I feel asleep last night waiting (you have mail)

a reply to: TrueBrit
Getting ready to start my second cup of coffee. How are you today?

a reply to: reldra
Sweet dreams Rel!!!

a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
And I was going to say pictures or it didnā€™t happen!!! I hope I just havenā€™t made it to the video yet

a reply to: Cobaltic1978
Fuzzy headed??? And you think it happened hereā€¦.hmmmm I saw Quant with some blue martinis. You didnā€™t drink any did you? Just kiddingā€¦.

Amazing story!!!!!

*How far behind will I be by the time I post this response!!! LOL This place should be an amusement park ride*

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Thank you, Martin75. Jon Reep is so funny. Only at the fair!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I love when he talks about Hickory. I used to live there and everything he says is true....bless his heart. LMAO

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I see mother was finally here! Finally! Did we christen this new Shed with pixie blood yet? Morning everyone!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384
I thought you and Zazz were working on that...
Yes, NightStar came by. I missed her also last night

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I hope things are back to normal now! And well I await Zazz's response! What will the Witch Queen do/say. I don't think I missed it. I'll do some while being me, in the name of the Shed. *Grabs pixies and cuts wide open*
edit on 28-4-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Wow! 5 Sheds!

Congrats and good morning to all of you. Been a while since I dropped by. Hope everyone is happy and well!

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join