It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 5

page: 221
<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

That was the wife

The door is still under negotiation

Cody

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Ahh we will miss you.
A "Global Mod" aye, do you have your own manned satellite, so you can have a true Global view.
I hope they treat you well and serve donuts.
Can you advance to "Galactic Mod" ?

I hope you and yours are well?

I seem to recall a picture of you by a castle from the "Highlander", very nice. That is something I miss after moving back to the states. We don't have any ancient history. People here consider a house that is a hundred years old, ancient, I find that sentiment amusing.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

Thank You, things are a little brighter today, I pulled the curtains and read all most a whole novel by Umberto Eco, fabulous author. It took my mind off things so I could think again. Emotions + Thinking =Disaster. That's a WIS'ism.

Those Pandas are adorable. All though it is a shame they are in a rescue.
What does a panda volunteer do? Can you touch them? Are they habituated to humans?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank You Night, you all ways have such eloquent replies.

And yes the Shed is a sanctuary, a refuge, especially for me it has been a place of sanity. Ha Ha.

These past eleven month being boxed up here 16 + hours a day, not allowed to have company except for one person has been a challenge. On top of that several people had access to the house so I basically never had privacy. And these are strangers to me.
So they would just come at all times of the day and I never knew who had been in the house when I was gone. Long story.
Any Who. I recouped today and all the kind responses have cheered me.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hello Wis! I'm glad you are feeling a little better. I'm sure it is still quite difficult for you right now and my heart and thoughts are with you.

Aren't those pandas adorable?

I love all the animal pics we get! I get a special kick out of the one's with chickens and ducks because as a city gal, I don't see too many. And I sure as hell don't get to see pandas!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1984hasarrived
As promised, a couple of panda pics from when I was volunteering at the panda reserve while on a trip a few years ago.

Your right Night Star! Penny fits in LOL!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hi WIS,

a panda volunteer cleans up the cage and the outside area, ie cleaning up the #. They are well looked after and there are lots of cute little ones, but I was not working with those. It was only a day visit.

ETA No, I did not get to touch or handle them but the regular workers at the reserve do. Their claws are quite sharp, so they tend to be very wary of letting volunteers get too close, but they are not vicious as such. But you know how it is with accidents and lawsuits, even here.

Which Umberto Eco novel did you read? I have read most of his stuff and loved all of them.

a reply to: WalkInSilence

edit on 12-5-2016 by 1984hasarrived because: ETA

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

See, I knew it! LOL

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Congrats on the promotion Gordi - well deserved no doubt.

Just a shame you will not be around here as much, but our loss is their gain.

C'est la vie.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I will try to send you a few more pics of the pandas. They are so cute.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Why did the clown go to the doctor? (Because he was feeling a little funny!)
Why did the clown throw his clock out of the window? (Because he wanted to see time fly!)
Maybe I’m wrong but you just don’t seem like you…of course I know all this rain is about to drive me completely batty! Hope all is OK with you and yours (except for the ducks, my neighbor has geese so I feel your pain! Hope they were tasty)

If you give it a try please post pictures! I wanna know if it is as good as it looks. Ahhh I always love seeing Penny, she is so cute!

You picked an amazing story theme AND The Shed made an amazing appearance!!! Congrats on your promotion to Global Mod!! Congrats to you!

a reply to: GoShredAK
Awesome video! Thank you so much for sharing. I love to see someone getting to enjoy what they love!

a reply to: cody599
I love an open floor plan. It lets people be where they are comfortable but everyone still be involved. It breaks down walls and brings everything together. LOL (I’m feeling silly this evening)

a reply to: kaelci
The game sounds wonderful. And I know all about being a sap. Commercials can make me cry! LOL

Hey there sweet lady! How are you this evening? Has your pain eased up any?

a reply to: WalkInSilence
So glad to hear that you are having a better day!! [[[HUGS]]]

Well I finally have an evening with no work planned. Woohoo!! Things may still change but it’s a start. I think my step daughter is going to come over. Maybe watch a movie if we can find one…

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
Good clown jokes lol. They were punny. It's the rain. I think it's stopped and then here it comes again. It clouded up again and I think it's going to start pouring yet again. It feels like it. I always hurt worse when it's going to rain.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I will make your Pie and post photos.
How do you reply like that? To many people?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
That's how it has been here. Pour rain...clear up get sunning and humid...then rain again.

I make a reply to each person. Then copy it and paste it into word instead of hitting reply. Then when I have them all I paste them into the replay box.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Oh the night shift has arrived! Hello Martin, Quantum, Bob and Skid!

Gordi will be abandoning the castle for longer periods. What will we do with poor Sporky? He will be heartbroken without his dragon rider. You are not allowed to steal dragons from the shed so don't even think about it! LOL

And Cody is moderating elsewhere too and will be busy with his house. Geez, it will be lonely without you guys!

I was asked to moderate at one of those sites quite some time ago. I knew I was too addicted to ATS and spent time on facebook with family and friends and other things so I had to decline.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

No wonder your a high end IT person!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Martin is organized. I just throw everyone's names in and reply that way if there is more than one person to reply to. I do it the lazy mans way.

Oh Martin, pain isn't too bad today. Thanks!

Wolfy, if it's been raining that much, you know a sunny day is soon to come. Hang in there!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Surely you mean phunny??

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Good clown jokes lol. They were punny. It's the rain. I think it's stopped and then here it comes again. It clouded up again and I think it's going to start pouring yet again. It feels like it. I always hurt worse when it's going to rain.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I like pie but I also like cake. This way you can have both.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived
1984, how close could you get to the Pandas? Did you ever pet or are they too wild?

new topics

top topics

<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join