It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 5

page: 212
<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

That's no good kat !

You need to lap some warm milk and count mice ... 😎

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
No idea, I am just glad I do not have to move all of that carp out!

a reply to: Night Star

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci on page 204

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As Sita crept down the darkened passageway, memories of old were trying to force themselves into her thoughts, the recollections swarming and entangling about themselves as she struggled to understand how any of her brethren could possibly still live… after all, she was only here due to the improbable chance of the Magi’s magic being born anew after these hundreds of years. Even now she was but a remnant of her former self, an empty visage drained from losing herself within that greater evil in the other realm. Though still powerful, it would take much for her to return to the glory she had taken for granted several long centuries past.

The voice that had spoken, the voice that had expressed such surprise at her presence, had sounded much like the young Darien who had been a mere apprentice of one of her closest friends… apprentice! He was certainly no Azothinne! Though, she supposed, the old Magi magic could possibly be considered worthy of veneration in these newer times. Was this what had happened, were they who somehow remained now considered Gods?

A small chortle tried to fight its way up her throat at the very thought. Darien? A strange God for this even stranger kitten? The Magisters of old would have wept with laughter at the very idea! It was quite simply preposterous!

An icy wind began to breeze along the passageway though she knew not where it originated, she gathered herself and casually glided through the chill, ignoring the uncomfortable prickling of the small hairs that covered her skin. Further she travelled down the passage, suspicions running rife as she eyed the dimly lit crack of an opening that was coming ever closer. Even from this distance she could see the faint glimmer of runes about the edges of the fissure, runes that mirrored the intricate symbols that were woven into her silver dress. This was either some elaborate form of illusion, or… the preposterousness was perhaps not quite so laughable after all.

The runes began to glow as she neared the entrance, her pulse quickening as the brief glimpse of a shadow moved swiftly across the dim light, possibly having sensed her presence. She didn’t want to call out lest the unusual fright she felt were to be evident in her voice, though she managed to keep her posture straight and she carried her air of nonchalance as well as she could, the runes about the entrance glowing brighter and brighter with every step closer.

“Sita!”

The shock of the man’s bellow caused her to lose control over her power and her feet quickly clattered to the ground, her grip tightening on the sleeping kitten as she angrily cried out. “By the Gods, Darien! Just what do you think you’re doing? Azothinne? Really!?

A sudden light flooded the corridor and there he stood, silently before her with a sheepish grin on his boyish face, appearing to not have aged a day since she had last seen him, the simple black robes of the novitiates billowing about his body with the icy breeze that she still did not know the origins of.

He laughed cheerfully. “It’s nice to see you too.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

OH Gawd!!!!

I don't have mice. Don't jinx me. I do not need anymore critter issues. LOL!!

Like WIS, I too have a bear in the area creating havoc.

I went out the other morning and found garbage in the drive way. I thought it was the garbage collectors being jerks.

Talked to someone else in the area, only to find out we have a Mom and possible cubs coming thru the area.

Yesterday, I was in the kitchen with the window open. I swear!!!! I heard a low grunt.
edit on 11-5-2016 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

Sounds like you lucked out. LOL!!!

If it ain't broke, leave it alone.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Ooooooo.

Nice kaelci.

Just enough spooky, to make you want more.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Take care kat ... they will destroy stuff to get at food!

You could probably get some type of repellant scent from a hunting store ...

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I plan to drive over to the dnr office tomorrow sometime, to see what they think.

I know there is a den not far from here. This is the first time I have had an issue.

The guy I talked to lives about a 1/4 mile from me. He said he found a big pile of bear scant near his bedroom window.

A calling card?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I think it was the look on my face
that maybe made them reconsider.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Take care kat ... they will destroy stuff to get at food!

You could probably get some type of repellant scent from a hunting store ...

That's why I don't feed anything.

I even freeze my garbage. Bones etc.....

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

Hahahaha.

I crack myself up. I try not to be responsive to others comments etc..

But sometimes I can feel the muscles on my face tighten up. While at the same time I am trying to smile and say something like, Oh that sounds great.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Sorry that you are hurting honey. I hope that rest helps to take the pain away.

a reply to: 1984hasarrivedIt just seems so wrong to disrupt the order of things so that things can be “in line”. Good luck with that! So will you have to move later or did you get lucky?

a reply to: Skid Mark
Skid thank you so much for sharing! That was so cool!!!

Sorry you aren’t sleeping well. Maybe once your mind gets everything worked out you can rest.

a reply to: kaelci
I just LOVE your story!! You are such an amazing writer.

Good morning everyone!!!!! I hope that everyone has a great day. I will be in & out today

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I think I dodged a bullet on that one - apparenetly we need to relocate the desks in there but we can stay in the room without the upheaval of moving.

a reply to: Martin75

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Skid that is so interesting and mind boggling. These people must have looked at the wood at thought "Oh there is some one in there"
I am trying to find pictures of whole carved dead elms in Denmark. They let artist carve the dead ones instead of chopping them down. You could see them in many places.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Good morning all. WIS, thank you.

I walked outside to water the ducks this morning, and as usual, not paying attention. I get almost to the polebarn when I notice movement. 4 deer in the field. The one just stops and stares at me. I knew I wouldn't have time to the camera. But I'm going to have to remember to grab in in the mornings now. My neighbor has his water softener draining beside his house, so it's a big salt pond for them.

OH, I had posted chick pictures a while back, but I will take some of the whole bunch tonight. I have six adult hens and a rooster right now, 3 adult ducks, 23 chicks, and still waiting on the 3 ducklings. I thought they would have been here by now.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Good morning and happy days of sunshine in all our life!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I wish you lived near me, I would enjoy your land. Your palace of love and animals sounds like a dream to me!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Good morning Quant! That breakfast is adorable!!!

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

The two birds will kiss 💋 Then goto their egg castle! Wish I could cook like those two! Lol

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Is there a new theme for the writing contest for this month?

top topics

<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join