It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 5

page: 194
<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Does anyone have any funnies available at the moment. I like to laugh.

I met a man... whom I will... DefCon5 Buzz Kill... And he was really angry. It made me sad to see there were two grown daughters and a wife stuck to him. I was doing ok till he started to rant.
That memory is stuck to me today.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I am ok. Another few hours then I head home.

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: 1984hasarrived
now that's a purdy castle!

just popping my head in to say hi

Hi Bob! How are you?

link   
a reply to: Night Star

Something's weighing you down? Want to talk? I'll send a PM!

link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

None!

But then I didn't really over-indulge, just a couple while I was reading the forums and then tinkering with the computer.

It went down pretty smooth, tasted lovely, and when another special occasion pops up I'll be sure to prepare it again

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Well, the weekend is a pretty special occasion

a reply to: kaelci

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

It's not so much "bad" that I just don't want it. I was on 7 and I was happy with it. I didn't like the "app" appearance of Windows 8, and I still don't like the semi-"app" appearance of Windows 10. I've only finally installed it because of DirectX12... if I wasn't into gaming I wouldn't even care, just stick with 7.

*digs through the files for the recipes*

Copied and Pasted from Mr Gordi
RECIPE for Homemade Baileys:

Ingredients:
1/2 bottle (35ml) Whiskey, or your favourite spirit. (Brandy, Whisky or even Vodka works!)
1 small pot (180ml?) double cream.
3 x MARS bars (chocolate, nougat and caramel candy bars)

An Empty Bottle to put the Baileys in!

Method:
Chop the Mars bars into small chunks, place in a bowl and melt over a Bain-Marie (hot water in a pan underneath the bowl) or microwave SLOWLY on low power until melted.
Stir in the cream, a little at a time, until mixed with the melted choc bars.
Add the alcohol, a little bit at a time, until all is mixed in...

Enjoy your homemade Baileys!

~*~*~*~

There is an old Scottish drink called "Atholl Brose" which is Whisky and Honey based.
I think you'd love it!!
Are you up for a wee recipe experiment???

Ingredients:
Scotch Whisky (1 bottle)
Honey (1/2 jar, maybe 5 tablespoons?)
Oats (porridge oats, or Rolled Oats) (1 cup full)

Mix the Whisky, Honey and Oats in a large jug, bowl or hat!
Cover and Leave for a week or so...
Strain off the Oats, flies and assorted debris...
Leaving a beautiful, sweet, creamy liqueur "Atholl Brose".
Bottle it and enjoy!

Trust me! You Will LOVE IT!!

PS - the quantities aren't important!
Oh, and the alcoholic oats can still be used in flapjacks etc!!! LOL

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Sounds good then. So, pretty strong, like whisky? No burn? Get a buzz? Want a thousand more questions about it?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Thank you!! I will try one day. Might be ages but one day. Maybe this summer.

Mm I am on Windows 8/8.1. I just won't update. 8 isnt broken. 10 might be according to some. Why try.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I used to be able to put away -a lot- of alcohol back in my early 20s. Would have shots, cocktails, and a whole bottle of bourbon all to myself, go to sleep at 6 in the morning, wake up 10, happy and bouncy for around the corner from my house was a little takeaway shop with hot chippies and copious amounts of chicken salt!!!!

Theeeese days....... I can barely have one singular drink these days without feeling the buzz haha. There was a buzz

It wasn't burny, nice and smooth
Tasty! It's not often I can drink things straight. Being a coke-and-bourbon person usually.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

Thank you!! I will try one day. Might be ages but one day. Maybe this summer.

Mm I am on Windows 8/8.1. I just won't update. 8 isnt broken. 10 might be according to some. Why try.

I was on 8.1 and went to 10 and love it. I think any time there is a change, you have to get used to it.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

link   
I might make some then. What are chicken salts?

link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ah change. I am opposed to change. Never liked it. Yuck.

link   
You might want to have a look at something someone here at ATS recommended - Classic Shell. I have not tried it out yet but allow you to change the "flavour" of Windows, so for example you can run Win 10 but make it look like XP or Win 7 or Win 8.

BLT

I will be trying it out soon, when I get Win 10 set up as a dual boot on a lappy.

originally posted by: kaelci

It's not so much "bad" that I just don't want it. I was on 7 and I was happy with it. I didn't like the "app" appearance of Windows 8, and I still don't like the semi-"app" appearance of Windows 10. I've only finally installed it because of DirectX12... if I wasn't into gaming I wouldn't even care, just stick with 7.

link   

Tomorrow

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes!!

I am looking forward to lurking this thread!!
I have no questions of my own, and I am certain that other members here will have plenty for him to answer. An AMA I am really excited for!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Ok, enough is enough with the sex and violence!

Have any of you noticed certain members missing? Ever wonder why? It is no longer the shed anymore! It is not just one person that I am directing this to. I am mentioning this to everyone to watch what they say and share in here. Perhaps trace back to our former Shed threads and take a look at the respect, the magic, the stories etc.

^^READ THAT POST^^^

And then, READ IT AGAIN, and ask yourself HONESTLY if it applies to YOU.

That post right there, is the most honest, insightful, caring, and nurturing post that I have seen in the shed in several weeks.

The shed WAS a very special place.
I don't know if you all noticed when you first came for a visit.... but it was very DIFFERENT from all of the other threads here (or anywhere else for that matter).

WHY?
Because it wasn't filled up with hundreds of trivial "one-line" posts about what we had for dinner, or awash with jokes in very poor taste, laced with sexual innuendo and references to other unsuitable topics....
There are THOUSANDS of other places for that sort of stuff.

The shed was built on REAL friendship and Love. Filled with intelligent, informative posts, and incredibly high-calibre collaborative writing. It continued to survive with determination and perseverance, and actually blossomed again with the arrival of newer like-minded individuals.

Then it lost its way.

Members here should perhaps take a moment to step back and evaluate what they are contributing to the shed.
Do you just want a laugh? A giggle? A carry-on? Somewhere to get drunk and share lewd jokes and dark "18 certificate" topics & stories? A frat-party atmosphere?
Then start your own thread and make it clear that it is a place for that!! Hell - I'll join in on most Saturday nights!! LET's DO IT!!

But the Shed, our shed... is not the place for that.

The quality of posting in the shed has rapidly deteriorated as the quantity of posting has sky-rocketed.
There are way too many trivial, meaningless posts that would be more suited to twitter or FB.
This makes it very difficult to keep track of, or even to find those quality, meaningful posts that are buried in the mire.

I am posting this directly in the shed to show my support for nightstar AND the Shed itself.
I don't want to see it turn into "just another thread" and I don't think that those of you who really love the shed want that either.

So, I ask you politely and with all due respect;

Please.

Please take the trivial, non-noncontributing stuff somewhere else.
Leave the double-entendres and blatant sexual innuendo at the door.
The repetitive smut, the implied sexual swear words.... basically anything that would be considered inappropriate in any workplace or home that contained children is a no-no here.
Show some respect for the ideals, morals, beliefs and backgrounds of the other shed-dwellers and we'll do just fine!

Or

Carry on with all of the above.
Bring the shed down to the level of all of the other chat threads.
...and lose the contributors of quality posts, stories, content and more.

It is time to make a choice.
Make sure it's the right one.

BigG
edit on 9-5-2016 by Gordi The Drummer because: to clarify something

(post by Pinocchio removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Dark stories? I thought we were meant to share our stories. And if that is reference to mine. Well. I felt that way then. So if it is reference to what I wrote. Well. Wasnt going to share my feelings here again anyways. The bad ones anyway. I hope my earlier post today doesnt count.

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

You're so much better at this than I am. I thought I was going to have to call the dragons in for back up. So good to see you! HUGS!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

You need to show some respect ...

new topics

top topics

<< 191  192  193    195  196  197 >>

join