It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 5

page: 166
<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
I can understand the reasoning. I wouldn't wake up early then either. Still don't. I love the silence of the night, just being alone. Besides that's when it gets busy here in the Shed. I have two candles and some matches. I need something to hold the candle upward. Beer bottle is too thin of an opening. I wanted to go read Lovecraft outside at night by the river some walk from Campus, not far from town. There's a trailway. Any ideas?

I want to say I was born 9:4? AM, but my memory is really escaping me right now.

EDIT: Mm, that sounds like good coffee. I could use some of that. Is there a difference in strength between instant coffee and ground?
edit on 6-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Ideas? On a candle holder? Depends on the diameter... Let Me know and I'll think of something. ( But as I have stated, I hate to think. But if it's for a Friend, I will surely do just that!!)
I love Lovecraft! Ktulu (sp?) Rocks!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It's alright, if anything I can hold it. Just hope it doesn't rain as it is cloudy now. I read the first short story in the book, Dagon. I like the way he writes a lot. I have to get back into reading in general though.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I was gonna mention this one, but figured someone had already thought of it so found a pic.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Er, I googled to try and find that. Why does everyone want everything to be beautiful? I googled "simple candle holder can/homemade" and all of the results are beautiful or stunning. I just want simple. I have a jar. There's a little jam left, but I'll be using it for a sandwich soon so it'll be all gone. Perhaps that.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Yep! Jars work great too! A slong as the candle is long enough, and not too large of a diameter...
Here's some more ornate pop/soda/ can holders... Oh, I googled pop can candle holders...

there are other more extravegant holders, made from cans too... I have seen some pretty fancy schmantzy ones before! LOL!!
edit on 6-5-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I see no need for fanciness. It needs to function and that is all. Thanks for the help
The jar is rather short that I have, it'll be fine. I'll make it work. Still waiting to see how the weather turns out.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Is love some sort of gestures we make once in a while when we are told to? On those so called special days like Valentine's days, holidays, birthdays and anniversaries? Is it when we are obligated to do something and we do it, is that love? No, I like to think it isn't. I think love is in all the small gestures of everyday, of any day. Just giving flowers on a random week, in the middle of it. Not because we feel obligated to do so, but because within us there has been a rise of emotion, of love for the other individual. To write something sweet, do something sweet for the other person. All the small gestures, that is the dream. Here are some images(50) displaying them. My mom sent them to me at some point last year while I was in a relationship. Sounded really sweet and thy show what love ought to be. Maybe not strictly, but an idea I think. The point being, love is more than an obligation, it is the free desire to do for the one you love.

WARNING SWEET IMAGES FOLLOW: www.boredpanda.com...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yah I'm for function over form for most things! Simple is usully the best!! I hope the weather is good for your plans!
Will check out Your link later.

It's nice out here. Going outside for a while.

I hope everyone has a great day!!
edit on 6-5-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I saw her dancing in my dreams and dreamed this dream for nights on end as lights flashed, the world alternated with streaks of red and blue. Thunder cracked, the rain poured down and I was soaking wet, a smile on my face.

I saw her dancing there just by our home, dancing with what a smile on her face as red droplets of water rained down from the heavens above. Nights passed by us in a blink of an eye as I labored and she stayed home with a smile on her face, a glint in her eye.

It was true. She danced one day beneath the light of the fading Sun, danced on the streets and grass near our home barefoot in a new white dress and a flower in her hair. She was laughing at the world, with what joy! Her laughter echoed off the walls as she twirled around, so happy. And when she saw me she ran to me, her white dress fluttering lightly, her hair far behind her as she ran to me, and she enveloped me with her arms in such embrace, her crown to my heart, why I could still see her smile and she said, "będziemy mieli rodzinę"(We will have a family)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You're lucky with your weather. Suppose I'll do what I must do too. Have a good one.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hey Cody!! How goes it? Are you slowing down any?

Hi Martin

Thanks for asking
In short yes, though not through choice. I have damaged something in my knee, so I spent the last couple of days limping around work, not too bad in the morning, but in a world of pain at the end of the day.

So I'm taking the weekend off to rest it up.

As I'm a positive person, some positive news.............................All the paperwork has been swapped by the solicitors, so hopefully all the legal stuff will be sorted out before too long and we hope to move in 4-6 weeks, if nothing goes wrong.

Cody

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Nice writing!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Thanks
The girl is pregnant! Coming close to the end!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Stay off your knee this weekend use RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation

Take care Cody!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Cheers Q12

You don't me very well yet, but in my murky past I was fully trained as an army medic, rule of thumb, if it hurts don't do it LOL, not exactly rocket science is it ?

I need a rest anyway, been pushing myself too hard for too long. My brain screams that I'm still 23, my body likes to remind me I'm knocking on the door of 50.

Cody

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Ah, Israeli Army by chance? So you do know. Your mind is young and that is a good thing!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Zarniwoop fixed up my avatar and I wanted to say thank you Zarniwoop!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Cody, sorry you hurt your knee! It will be nice to have a couple of days to rest up. So happy to hear that things are going well with the paperwork and that soon you'll have your house! I know what a pain in the butt it's been for you. Soon my friend it will be yours and you and the Cuddle Monster will live happily ever after.

Hello to Tiamt, Syx and Q!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Mother! How are you? There will be a child, a new life, a new spirit!

new topics

top topics

<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join