It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 5

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

If it was made into a movie and it's the one I think it is, it was awesome!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Oh, not a wonderful day. Well, I'm sure your eyes and the surgery will be fine! Don't worry. Sorry for your goldfish. I had fish, felt terrible when I lost one. Too emotional!!(me).

Well, you'll go see them soon. Have a conversation with them. It'll be fine. Just smile, please.

I'm fine. I saw a thread about whether girls like poetry or not. I commented that I certainly hope so
Then I was reminded of a song my ex dedicated to me before we were together or when we were. I didn't like it(Aerosmith), but the lyrics were really sweet. I think I might write. No more classes!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It is a reference to the book 1984 by George Orwell in which he predicted the future as he saw it.

Sadly a lot of it has come true.

Interesting fact - he wrote it in 1948 (it was published in 1949) and then transposed the last two numbers to move it into a distant future, which we now inhabit.

a reply to: ccbears

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It was a great movie, with John Hurt and Sir Richard Burton and it was released in ....

*drumroll*

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

I am smiling Honey. I'm trying to get caught up in that Mandela effect thread. No more classes? Yay, go write something! Make a story entry in here.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm happy you're smiling. Always makes me smile to talk with you and all the more knowing you are smiling. I saw that thread, though at this point there seem to have been many!

I will. I made one addition to the love story here before. I have an...interesting scene. Debating making pure metaphor. Not sure.

Oh and today was the last day of class. Now time for studying, final assignments and finals!
edit on 4-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Glad you have an interesting scene in mind. I look forward to seeing it! I'm catching up in that thread, talking in here and on skype. LOL Popping in and out of here, but I'm still here!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

Wasn't there a more modern version of that?

Getting sleepy and I'm all over the place. But I'm still popping in here.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
That's good! It'd be terrible if you disappeared! Sound like you're busy. Will you be making any additions?

With my own...I need to find the "inspiration" for it. But that won't happen till I get quiet and I won't get quiet for some time....though who knows I might at any point. It is after 1 AM already after all...so I hope so! Because other wise I'm bound to get mad because that is a simple task....wish I could mute people....in the physical realm I mean.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
No idea at all if there is a later version - it a very dark/dull grey colorless film, and I do not know of a newer version.

If there is a newer one I would be interested in watching it.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Mute people in the physical realm! Ahahahaha! Yeah, some people need to have an off button or switch somewhere.

Yes, I will indeed be adding to my story. Not tonight, as I am fighting to stay awake right now. LOL

I won't just disappear. I will come in here and say goodnight when I am ready to go to bed. So far, the cat isn't bugging me yet to go to sleep.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Not even just speech, but every sound they make, their walking, their eating, their actions. Because when I hear sound I can't think and then I get frustrated and it just escalates inside of me.

That tired? Busy day I know. Well perhaps you should rest. Part of me wants to tell you to sleep. Then there is the selfish part of me that wants to say "stay".

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1984hasarrived
No idea at all if there is a later version - it a very dark/dull grey colorless film, and I do not know of a newer version.

If there is a newer one I would be interested in watching it.

I found the old one on youtube and skipped through a bit. Seems awfully familiar. I'll try to dig around tomorrow to see.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
Not even just speech, but every sound they make, their walking, their eating, their actions. Because when I hear sound I can't think and then I get frustrated and it just escalates inside of me.

That tired? Busy day I know. Well perhaps you should rest. Part of me wants to tell you to sleep. Then there is the selfish part of me that wants to say "stay".

LOL, I'm tired but not ready to leave yet. I'll still be poking around for a bit.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
That's great
I have peace and quiet now, and darkness
Just the way I like it. Alone in the silent depth of the night. One of two best ways to be. The other is in mutual embrace with the loved one under any light, any sky, anywhere.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Cheers, as I recall the 1984 version of uhm ... 1984 is the most recent and most famous one.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
That was beautiful Tiamat!

Bob, I may have been thinking of a similar movie. Sci fi is amazing and I am huge fan!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
...just as I finished ranting at someone about throwing words around you say that. I said something, normal sentence structure. Nothing beautiful. I tried to find feelings, of joyful love. Instead I found a somber feeling, some sadness. And now irritation. Not at you mother, just argh! Well at least I'm closer to finding the feeling of love. Sadness is not what I seek! Still have to wake up tomorrow to meet my professor...have time though. Sorry for ranting now.

Sorry. That sounded mean, but I won't delete it. Need to find a NMA song that is romantically happy. Or some sort of positive energy or calm.
edit on 4-5-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Take some deep breaths to calm yourself and yes music helps.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I have and am in the process of writing

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join