It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 5

page: 129
<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat
Yes, I grew up in Sth Australia.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike
Spiders, I hate them!!!

When I was younger we were down at South Holston lake in TN. This big spider wouldn't leave me alone. I got the bright idea to just step on it. NOT GOOD!! It was a momma spider COVERED in baby spiders. When I stepped on it it killed the mom and all the babies got on me. There were every where! I ended up jumping in the lake just to get rid of them. I would say that was as close to passing out over a spider as I have ever gotten.

If one fell from the ceiling big enough to hear or feel....I just don't know. I would probably pass out!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
Ewww... Baby spiders crawling over your feet? I hope you at least had sneakers. A girlfriend of mine years ago made that mistake once when she was only wearing sandals. We were on her back porch at the time and she spotted this big momma spider (one of the painful bite variety) creeping around. So she stepped on the spider and then she screamed, "Aaggghh! I've got spiders between my toes! Get 'em off me!!"

I grabbed the garden hose and used it to spray them off. It was creepy but really funny at the same time.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Nope running around barefoot like the true West Virginian that I am (since you aren't in the states you probably won't get the reference) People often say that West Virginians run around pregnant and barefoot all the time. It's a knock on us Hill Bill's. LOL

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Wow, not even sandals? You're a brave lady. Hopefully it wasn't a biter!

And I'll pretend I don't get the reference at all!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
By the way, how's it going with your explosion-in-spaghetti-factory server thing? All sorted out yet?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
So, I took the cat to the vets tonight as we were becoming really concerned about her, as I stated earlier in the thread.

She has been behaving real skittish over the last two weeks, but she had been eating, so although we have obviously been concerned, we have been avoiding the vets.

She hasn't been in pain, but after almost sixteen years of being a lap cat, she has taken to hiding on the bedroom window, not responding to being called and the like.

Anyway, it has been really upsetting the wife, so I decided that tonight would be the time to take her.

Well, we got there and we were called in to see the vet. We explained what the problem was and she asked us to open the basket and essentially let the vet see the cat. Out she pops and she decides that the vet is her new best mate and really plays up to her, rolling over the table, purring, absolutely loving the attention. We explained that she hadn't been responding to us and so she asks us to call her. Well, over she comes looking for the usual love she receives and all of a sudden, she was our little cat again.

The vet took a look at her, took her temperature, listened to her heart and advised that she is quite healthy for a sixteen year old cat. The only thing she picked up was potential arthiritis in her back legs. So we were given some painkillers and told that she would need this for the remainder of her life.

We arrived home about a hour ago and she went straight up to the bedroom window, not responding to us, back to how she has been the last couple of weeks.

Bloody cats!!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978
Well, besides her being a pretty typical cat, it's good to know there's nothing badly wrong. Truly. I love cats, even though they are always their own people.

Maybe she just needs to be confused?

edit on 3/5/16 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Reading this, I remembered this video:

By the way, I'm not fond of them either lol.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
All of this spider talk reminds me of when I was staying at a friend's house...

A rather bulbous spider scuttled around the kitchen floor and my friend felt that she should assassinate it... being all creepy and sneaky with a shoe. Squish. But a million babies exploded from it! The horror! This way, that way, she freaks out and starts swooshing the broom everywhere hoping to shove them all outside.

Good morning everyone!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Python, how stark raving brilliant.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci
That's just wonderful. I can imagine the little buggers swarming all over the place. Yech.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
Syx, how do I do that? I had no idea CC had a sight problem. Please tell me how. It looks much nicer than all caps.

HI CC. HUGS

Hay Syx, JustMike told me how, but you tell me what size is best for CC?
More Hugs

edit on 3-5-2016 by WalkInSilence because: Fuddle Muffin

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci
Good morning!

Oh, discussions about spiders. A great way to start the day!
(Well, in Oz at least.)

Spiders aside (unless you have had any fun experiences of your own) how are you doing today?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
I have a post in Shed 4 that explains how to resize text. Give me a minute and I'll find it for you. Okay?

ETA: sorry, it's not much use because the Shed4 thread's closed, so you can't quote it. (But the post is HERE just for your interest.)

Anyway, it works like this. In the following example, replace my ( ) brackets with normal BB coding [ ] brackets.

(size=5)text goes here(/size)
And here it is with the correct brackets:
text goes here

And:
this is size 6
this is size 7

Okay?

edit on 3/5/16 by JustMike because: stupid computer redid the brackets.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hello to all

I can't keep up.
I hope you are all doing well what ever you are doing.

I think we have some minor storms coming my way, and I removed two ticks today. Those is the most dramatic events at the moment, Thank God.
A happy event.
As some may know I have been a "little down wind" for months, but today my blood pressure was normal in the morning and I didn't need a nap right out of bed and I managed to do some physical labor. Haul Wood. This is a very good thing all though it may seem minor.
Yeah. Just thought I would share, because that is what we do here. Hugs

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Here I go, cool.
Does this work

It did, it did, it did. That is awesome. Now I have reached my quota of learning one thing new every day

Thank you much.
edit on 3-5-2016 by WalkInSilence because: Fuddle Muffin

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
Yes, indeed it does! Well done!

And also (from your longer post above), it's great to hear you were able to get out and do some physical work. Good news!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Oh, I have had a "fun" experience of my own. I think I've shared it with the Shed once before but my memory is pretty foggy...

~ I needed to go into my garage for something I had stored, just a few boxes and things from when I had first moved in (2 years prior, and had never gone in since, dun dun dunnnn..) I stood at the entrance for a good 5 minutes or so, scanning the entirety of the area, paranoid that a spider would be in there somewhere. I saw nothing. Tentatively I took a step into the bowels of the garage... when... I felt -claws- on my shoulder!!!! I shriek, whip my arm outwards, a huntsman goes flying off of me. I never even knew they -had- sharp little claws
hahah.

Was trembling for ages after that. If a breeze came through the window and tickled my hair, I'd be slapping at myself to make sure it wasn't alive.

But anyway!
That was a long time ago!
I am over the fears of that long gone day!
(or am I......... LOL)

I'm good today, thanks for asking
Wednesdays are my day off so I'm having a peaceful day as I can have with a maniac in the form of an almost-3-year-old running around

Fun fact: my son was actually due on the 4th (today). I was SOOOO excited! I was going to have a Star Wars Day baby!!!
I was already planning all the Star Wars themed birthday parties of the future hahaha. But alas... He didn't want to show... finally... many days later on the 10th... he arrived during a solar eclipse, Mother's Day weekend. Hehe.

edit on 3 5 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Thank you, I know it seems like a minor thing and I have shared in PM's of these past too many months, but I actually felt normal today, ( Ha, Ha). I don't have a diagnosis, too expensive all ready, but to have a normal day is a gift.
I want to dance just today.
Thanks, I get teary eyed real easy, must be something in the air.
Not a female thing of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 126  127  128    130  131  132 >>

join