It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 5

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hello

I would like to participate in this thread I see you are a mod (and a kind person many love you and have things in common) I don't want to sound rude but I am reading your posts here and I don't understand the instructions the words are too complex is there someone you can contact to further break it down at school we had student guild if we needed additional assistance .. the Windows 10 sounds down right scary

edit on 2-5-2016 by ArielaM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish
Thank you. What a heart-rending thing for Galadriel to endure. I have posted a reply there.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived
Hope to catch up with you again soon.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ArielaM
Hi Ariela, it's great to have you here!

Yes, I'm a moderator, but I don't moderate in this thread, because I am posting in it. I am here as an ATS member only.

Windows 10 is not that hard to use after you learn a bit about it. If you want to know technical things about computers or need help, then there are members here who post in the Computer Help forum who can give you advice.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Good morning and welcome to The Shed!! Pull up a chair and have you a nice cup of coffee. The pixies will be along soon with cinnamon buns.
I saw you asking Mike questions, is there something in particular that I can help you with?

Good Morning Mike

edit on 5/2/2016 by Martin75 because: The Shed Rocks!!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Much appreciated
Hello everyone can I say my parents made me in Karlove Vary, CZ
I couldn't wait to talk about Chlieb vo vajicku my favorite food (salty not sweet)

a reply to: Martin75

Yeay finally I love your humor so much I came her for breakfast but Shed was more like a magical pdf this is like beginning of never ending story (secret I never seen the movie so I don't know he got inside the book)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The Never Ending Story was an amazing story!!! It is one you will definitely have to check out!!

A magical PDF, awesome! That is one way to think of us. LOL. We are a never ending story. We just roll into our next Shed when this one fills up.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

See lol too excited to talk to you all I forgot my question

I think if I start from here with all of you there are many posts I don't understand or completely misunderstand so I will need extra help or a nudge I wish I had a picture to post here

But these words just painted one : indescribable feeling

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
No, teda, je to neco! Umis Cesky!

Ja bydlim v Praze, ale mame chalupu na Vysocine.

Tak, protoze tady "T&C" rika, ze vsechno musi byt v AJ, udelam preklad:

(Translation of the above.)
Hey, now that's something! You know (how to speak) Czech!

I live in Prague, but we have a cottage in Vysocina. ("The Czech Highlands".)

(Then I finish with: )
So, because the T&Cs here say that everything must be in English, I'll do a translation:

edit on 2/5/16 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

If there are any words you do not understand, just ask me. I am sure I can help you.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Jezis Dobre rano este som to neprecitala Ja som zo slovenska no konecne
idem to znovu
No jasne ze rozumiem my chodime do tatier a Cesky Neumim vazne
ok tak to translate now into English one moment

Jesus good morning I haven't read that yet I am slavorigin Finally
I am going to reread it

Of caurse I understand we go into tatry and no I can not speak Czech, seriously

Yeay
bryndzove halusky (national food) so slaninou :p (with bacon) ok I have a break now sorry this is just too good I need to calm down

Je to v cestine
som sa snazila a bundás kenyér Po madarsky (Hungarian ) I live 2 h from Vienna 1 hour from Hungary and however it takes to get to JustMike & Dada

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArielaM

Jezis Dobre rano este som to neprecitala Ja som zo slovenska no konecne
idem to znovu precitat

Just to explain for everyone: Ariela is actually from Slovakia (the country that borders the Czech Republic to the East). The Czech and Slovak languages are very similar but not identical. Kind of like comparing English from Scotland to English from eg Australia. So, it can take a little while to read the other language and get its full meaning.

She wrote:
Jeez, good morning, I've not read it all yet. I'm from Slovakia. Yeah, finally!
I'm going to re-read.
Then her ETA:

No jasne ze rozumiem my chodime do tatier a Cesky Neumim vazne
ok tak to translate now into English one moment

Yeah, I understand, sure. We go to the Tatras (mountains in Slovakia) and I really don't speak Czech. Ok, so now to (translate into English ...)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It's okay. I posted a translation for you. If we use Czech or Slovak, we also have to post the English for it. But we can use English. (That is probably better.)

Just remember: you can ask me for help with any words or phrases -- like idioms (jako idiomy) -- that you do not understand.

And here is something funny: when you wrote "Chlieb vo vajicku", I just saw it like the Czech "Chléb ve vajíčku". I didn't even think of it as Slovak!

I need more coffee!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Good morning! And thank you for the coffee!
Oh, I needed that... (I'm hoping you'll get the reference.)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Good morning Shedlanders!

I'm caught up and ready to face the day.

Good morning Martin.
I've already had several cups of coffee. I'll be facing the servers and such later today into the evening.

Hi Night Star.
Great story entry.
I'll have one soon.
I've had several story lines that I'll eventually use in Shed 20 and Shed 45.
But I've figured out where I should go story-wise for now.

Have a great day everyone.
Remember the Accasian primary school often comes to the Shed for a field trip and tour.
So keep it clean. lol

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I was translating and typing, but you were faster!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

(sorry it keeps cutting family off my picture)
Sorry I can’t follow the other language, I’m lucky to understand English! LOL

a reply to: Errollorre
What a day. I am sliding out some of the old servers to make room for more. Then I get to see what can be reclaimed. AND we are putting in a cath lab so I get to try and make this new virus protection work without removing my cath lab! LOL

LOL, perfect!

edit on 5/2/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'm glad you got the reference.
Forgive me, but I cannot recall where you are up to with the book, or even if you've finished it. I'm struggling to remember ... what was I talking about? Hey, look! Something shiny!

Trying to learn a Slavonic language is a real challenge. For example, there are differences between the ways male and females use past tense verbs. And masculine and feminine adjectives are different as well.
Like, if I wanted to say in Czech, "I saw him," (and all things have gender; "him" and "her" are not just used for living things that are male or female), then I'd say, "Viděl jsem ho." But you would say, "Viděla jsem ho."

If I wanted to say, "I'm tired," it would be, "(Já) jsem unavený", but you would say, "(Já) jsem unavená". (The "Já" is optional. If we leave it out, it's like saying "I'm" instead of "I am".)

So, if I wanted to ask you if you are tired, I'd have to use the feminine adjective, ending with "á". If I used the masculine, you'd wonder who (ie, what guy) I'm talking to! And how I address you depends on whether we use formal language or informal. There are different forms of "You" and in formal language, we use its plural form to address one person. With friends and family, we use the singular. And if use formal nouns, I also have to use formal verbs.

Okay, there endeth the lesson!

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Good morning JustMike, your language is complex. Is English your 4th language?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Okay, man, you owe me a bottle of screen cleaner! I was drinking my coffee when I read that!

But seriously, English is my first language. Czech is my second, but only by dint of a lot of study and many beers in many Czech pubs. Best way to learn a language is over drinks.)

new topics

top topics

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join