It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump outlines "America-first" foreign policy plans , Be Afraid , Be very Afraid !

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Ya hope and change Trump style!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80 I pointed you in the right direction, but if your intent is to act like a stubborn child then so be it. The Marine corps times article explains the problem.

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya hope and change Trump style!

Under Obama..

That's all I have left

change

Two dimes a nickle and a couple of pennies.

edit on 27-4-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So were we decimated in 2006? Or do we see an increase because of a war and then now we are going back to where we were?
Or am I to ignore where thatline starts and only look at the decline.

Look at the ratios between us and everyone else in 2006.
The US accounted for 40% of the world's military spending. in 2014 that ratio dropped to 34%.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Your source says we spend nearly triple on military than China does and seven times more than Russia.

It isn't kindergarten... we don't have to bring enough of our treat to share with the class. That difference should always be as high as possible.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Back to topic.

Whats so fearful in what the man said?

China, knock it off and play fair!

The US will no longer be everybody's free bodyguard!

Americans should feel free to act like Americans in America!

Bring manufacturing Jobs back to America!

After drawing a line in the sand, actually do something other than meander off mumbling to ourselves??

TRUTH!

How many are bashing this speech who done nothing but bitch about the IMPERIALISM of the USA? Trump's speech was the opposite of the establishment and it's the same ones condemning the US of IMPERIALISM in the past that are pretending to be upset over this speech?

I guess slaves want the status quo as long as they believe the slave master they are voting for favors them slightly more than the other tribe.......
edit on 27-4-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He gave us Obama care and continues to try and close GITMO, I'll give him that but he did not fulfill his promises, namely being the most transparent administration we've ever seen.

Bush got us out of Iraq, not Obama. Bush should have never took us to Iraq to begin with.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AVtech34

Yes I read it, it does paint a bad situation hut hardly the one you are.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

that was the whole point of my post i couldn't figure out lol suddenly imperialism is good and we should be more interventionalist while trying to take care of ourselves is a bad thing? i just don't get all the flipfloping lol

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80 Are you serious? 77 operational f-18 out of over 260 is not a big problem to you? That is absurd, and you know it. It is every big a problem as I have said.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

OMG the decimation!! No way we are gearing down after a useless war that cost us trillions. Let's igorne that part tho.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

" More weapons , More wars , total meltdown. "

Ah , Exactly What Speech are you referring to here ? The One I heard was Mr. Trump outlining his Foreign Policy of " Peace Through Strength " . A Sound Logical approach used by Many Administrations in the Past .

link   
a reply to: gortex
you wonder how this man is so popular, even after saying what he said in this video, look at the comments and look at what is getting stars in agreement.

you dont have to wonder whom are the supporters,they think alike.
"promoting western accomplishment will inspire positive reforms around the world."

"we want to bring peace to the world"

i would like an analysis from a speech expert, or ATS scientists... this is scary.
this is reminiscent to speeches given by someone i dont want to make comparisons with; as i thought it was just rubbish from liberals.
but listen from the 31minute mark to the end over and over.

the power of macro persuasion .
wow. people are buying all this. trump has 0 political experience, hes just a guy with a lot of money and influences.

link   

originally posted by: roaland

that was the whole point of my post i couldn't figure out lol suddenly imperialism is good and we should be more interventionalist while trying to take care of ourselves is a bad thing? i just don't get all the flipfloping lol

Every day is opposite day?

That is the only way I maintain my sanity anymore listening to these politically biased cultists!

I will really freak out if they start shaving their heads and selling flowers at busy street corners!

edit on 27-4-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz Ah there it is, took a while but someone finally compared him to Hitler, good job being the first to make the childish remark.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

as a practicing pagan i gave up sanity for lent

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Your source says we spend nearly triple on military than China does and seven times more than Russia.

It isn't kindergarten... we don't have to bring enough of our treat to share with the class. That difference should always be as high as possible.

WTH are you going on about? What sharing BS ae you talking about.

WE spend far too much on the military already. It is the corporate masters that push for more military and world dominance. Protect our country and our trade routes should be the only thing we should be doing. We only muddle in the ME over energy resources which is why we should spend on renewables here instead of bombs there.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Such crap spews from his mouth.

He wants to update our nuclear deterrent. We have almost seven thousand nukes already. To be able to destroy the world 10 times over isn't enough for him? If 7,000 isn't enough then explain how NK has only 10 and we are deterred.

He wants a larger Navy yet we rank 3 in the world as the largest Navy the two above us that have more are China and NK. NK has a lot of ships, but they are crap without even one Aircraft carrier and China has one aircraft carrier against our state of the art nineteen.

The US has the strongest military in the world already we do not need more tanks, nukes, and ships. We spend over half a trillion dollars on the military every year. Enlarging our military will not end the strife in the ME those people already view our military as a leviathan. A larger military will not end terrorism.
Spending and budgets do not equate to military might. This is the same argument ("look at our budget!!!) used by European leaders who cripple and demoralise their own defence forces.

The US has 10 carriers. Not 19. One can argue they are more of a hinderende than an asset in the age of the hypersonic anti-ship missile.

The US ground forces are frequently cast aside so Lockheed Martin can drain the US treasury with their snake oil aircraft projects.

That's where the US needs to improve its military. It needs to end waste and corporate profiteering off the Armed Forces.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

People buying into his nonsense is almost as scary as the peddler of the nonsense , I doubt any of it is costed and if it is America probably can't afford it , even so the intent is there.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

We're "gearing down" while the world is "gearing up." It's OK man, you can admit you were wrong and someone actually demonstrated something that falls outside your approved narrative on this issue. Excuses are expected, but the fact is the US military has weakened under Obama's reign. We cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join