It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump outlines "America-first" foreign policy plans , Be Afraid , Be very Afraid !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Annee
It is pure BS that Obama is responsible for the deficit and weakening of our military.

You are right, Obama didn't weaken our military, he decimated it.

The same thing happened in Europe too. 2010 onwards the UK military was completely crippled. Mainland Europe is no better. Getting worse and worse if Germany is anything to go by.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: Krazysh0t
But are these weapons the cause? Nope.

They aren't a deterrent either.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The truth is, we don't know. What we have are campaign speeches right now.

And if we're going to believe one, then we might as well believe all of them. Every politician everywhere in the country at every time has had the solution to solve all our problems.

Yet here we are. Still with problems.

Since it's Trump, everyone is panicking about the end of the world. Odd, people said the same thing about Reagan.

As for foreign policy? Trumps biggest opponent Hillary Clinton has a record of foreign policy.

She's had people killed.
Created ISIS.
Ignored ISIS.
Enabled Boko Harum.
And
Her Clinton Foundation has received billions from foreign leaders during her tenure as Sec. State.

link   
that war talk will scare all the mothers, from voting for Donald....I'll send my kids off when Trumps kids join up will be their response.

Americans are weary of war. This hawkish attitude won't help Trump.
edit on 27-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Showing strength is a deterrent.
People are not going to mess with a formidable country.

formidable is not equal to warmongering
(editing - somehow my not equal symbols were lost)
edit on 4/27/16 by BlueAjah because: edit

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

9/11 happened so that says you are wrong.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Breath of fresh air. It's time we stop apologizing to the world and asking forgiveness for existing. I believe we would be in much more danger if Cruz were to become Prez, for example, just because of his apocalyptic beliefs. Or how about Hillary? She would just blunder ineptly into it. Or how about right now? The entire world knows Obama is a wuss and won't defend anything. They rattle their sabers and the US does nothing but lament what a big military it has. (Obama's exact words.) And thank God Trump is defending Israel! It's about time. Great speech. Hope we hear a lot more of them.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think I should get my red, white, and blue Pom Pom's and go Rah! Rah!

He presents some ideas, but no real plan or solution.

He's against the Iraq war, but never mentions Bush. Everything is Obama and Clinton's fault.

He does say some things I agree with, but doesn't really say how he's going to accomplish it.

He has not swayed me to trust that he can be president.

I would like to see someone give him a position in politics to see what he does with it. Not the "big shot leader" position, but one that requires working with others on an equal level to see how he works with others.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
OK

I'm finished.

A lot of exclamations, promises and declarations. Preceded by many truths.

I still don't trust him. But hey, I never trusted Obama or Hillary, Bush, Clinton, or my cousin Vinny.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think the Hillary Campaign will now change their stance on foreign policy.

Watch for her (in her raspy whiskey voice) to start a pro military agenda.

Right up her alley to confront Trump.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

9/11 happened because of failed 1990s Clinton policies.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

As for foreign policy? Trumps biggest opponent Hillary Clinton has a record of foreign policy.

She's had people killed.
Created ISIS.
Ignored ISIS.
Enabled Boko Harum.
And
Her Clinton Foundation has received billions from foreign leaders during her tenure as Sec. State.

I'd call that a Chosen Perception of what you want to believe.

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

It is pure BS that Obama is responsible for the deficit and weakening of our military.

You are right, Obama didn't weaken our military, he decimated it.

The same thing happened in Europe too. 2010 onwards the UK military was completely crippled. Mainland Europe is no better. Getting worse and worse if Germany is anything to go by.

The main strength of the US by the end of WWII besides then nukes, was the ability to out supply any nation on earth in producing war material. Our industries have been made almost nonexistent. It is spoken of in economy terms but what do you think happens to all of the car manufacturing plants when all out war happens? They pump out military vehicles after a quick conversion. Shipyards pump out supply ships and warships at unbelievable rates. Can't happen today, the politicians sent it all to the scrap yards of China and trade deals were made that sent industry out of the country. It's as if a long term plan to dismantle the US has taken place, something inconceivable to Truman and Eisenhower in their day.

Trump knows what he is talking about when he says making America great again. The shortsighted won't get it and the hate America crowd cannot stand to see their gains get taken back in the orange glow of a patriotic candidate the people are rallying to.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Do you really think we're a "boots on the ground" war anymore?

I don't.

I'd say we need technology and intelligence.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

And thank God Trump is defending Israel! It's about time. Great speech. Hope we hear a lot more of them.

The democrats probably love Trumps hawkish speeches too. I don't think wanting to send more troops back to the ME is going to be a way for Trump to win support from a largely moderate electorate. imo it could sink his chances at the presidency.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The main strength of the US by the end of WWII besides then nukes, was the ability to out supply any nation on earth in producing war material. Our industries have been made almost nonexistent. It is spoken of in economy terms but what do you think happens to all of the car manufacturing plants when all out war happens? They pump out military vehicles after a quick conversion. Shipyards pump out supply ships and warships at unbelievable rates. Can't happen today, the politicians sent it all to the scrap yards of China and trade deals were made that sent industry out of the country. It's as if a long term plan to dismantle the US has taken place, something inconceivable to Truman and Eisenhower in their day.

Trump knows what he is talking about when he says making America great again. The shortsighted won't get it and the hate America crowd cannot stand to see their gains get taken back in the orange glow of a patriotic candidate the people are rallying to.

No, lots get it. They also get that it won't happen without a fight (economical), which the US will lose.

You know what is extremely hard? Building a high tech manufacturing industry when the countries that supply the resources required no longer wish to sell them to you. Which is where the US currently sits.

Trump can bluff and bluster all he wants, it won't change the fact that we exist in a global supply chain, and we are all dependent on, including the US.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Do you really think we're a "boots on the ground" war anymore?

I don't.

I'd say we need technology and intelligence.

Good point!

Apparently you didn't watch the video? Trump addressed that!

I'll even help you out! Go to 21.40 on the video!
edit on 27-4-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

9/11 happened because of failed 1990s Clinton policies.

That is an irrelevant point in response to what I'm saying. Get your partisan hack posting out of here.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

No, lots get it. They also get that it won't happen without a fight (economical), which the US will lose.

You know what is extremely hard? Building a high tech manufacturing industry when the countries that supply the resources required no longer wish to sell them to you. Which is where the US currently sits.

Trump can bluff and bluster all he wants, it won't change the fact that we exist in a global supply chain, and we are all dependent on, including the US.

That is a bunch of bull, we protect the shipping lanes of the worlds energy supply, that alone is a bargaining chip to get whatever we need in fair trade.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

That is a bunch of bull, we protect the shipping lanes of the worlds energy supply, that alone is a bargaining chip to get whatever we need in fair trade.

Lol. This sentence, "we protect the shipping lanes of the worlds energy supply, that alone is a bargaining chip to get whatever we need in fair trade" screams anything BUT fair trade. Sounds more like coercive trade to me.
edit on 27-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join