It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump outlines "America-first" foreign policy plans , Be Afraid , Be very Afraid !

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SmurfRider

Trump is proposing isolationism? That's some mad hyperbole dude.

theweek.com...
edit on 29-4-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He speaks of being 'unpredictable' in US military responses; "We're always telling them what we're doing next." That means pre-emptive strikes doesn't it? "IS will be gone tomorrow" means he thinks it's possible to kill an ideology with strikes.

The bogeyman that united the assholes of Al-Quaeda, Taliban and IS is mainly the USA and a few of us allies. Pre-emptive strikes would be a great recruitment tool for a new group.

In this area alone, it's almost as if he's picturing an old Western. The good guys are holed up in a locked-down bar and shooting at the bad guys through slats in the shutters. Sure, it's overwhelming odds and a couple of good guys get stomach shot. By the end, the baddies are dead and the good townsfolk live peacefully.

There was rich irony when he lauded Reagan for telling Gorbachev "Pull down the wall."

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Don't trust those who feed the war machine.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
War is costly all around but it's something that will not go away until the last bit of oil and other essential resources are tapped or too polluted to use. I sent his campaign a email saying he should mention getting back to space in a bigger way instead of fielding so much beef around the world.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

He speaks of being 'unpredictable' in US military responses; "We're always telling them what we're doing next." That means pre-emptive strikes doesn't it? "IS will be gone tomorrow" means he thinks it's possible to kill an ideology with strikes.

The bogeyman that united the assholes of Al-Quaeda, Taliban and IS is mainly the USA and a few of us allies. Pre-emptive strikes would be a great recruitment tool for a new group.

In this area alone, it's almost as if he's picturing an old Western. The good guys are holed up in a locked-down bar and shooting at the bad guys through slats in the shutters. Sure, it's overwhelming odds and a couple of good guys get stomach shot. By the end, the baddies are dead and the good townsfolk live peacefully.

There was rich irony when he lauded Reagan for telling Gorbachev "Pull down the wall."

Not a lot of options with ISIS either apeasement or do like thr Russians and bomb them until they leave. Or ignore them and hope they go away third one really isn't an option though. Negotiating isn't even on the table you can't. So I guess you think US policy should be give them what they want and they will make nice??

Let's face it if the US had started a bombing campaign like the Russians have they wouldn't even be in existence today. As far as thr old worn out play that bombing them makes them stronger were talking the real world here. In the real world you bomb them you weaken their ability to fight and that weakens their ability to recruit. No one wants to join a group that their members die daily from explosions. And most people would learn quickly steer clear of ISIS they have a bulls eye painted on them.

Look at the Russian campaign they have cleared entire areas of ISIS as well as other opisition to Assad. Why does this work simple they don't have restrictions trying to prevent civilian casualties. They really don't care if they know terrorists are their they hit it. If civilians are there they look at it like they were supporting terrorists. The US choices on this are simple either close the borders and play defense or bomb them until they no longer have any support left. So which one do you prefer bombing or closed borders???????

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: dragonridr

I personally think Trump is the wrong man for the job however I will say he's the only one not using it for personal gain.

I was listening to talk radio today and the personal gain question was brought up.

I got interrupted and don't know what was said

That explains much. Be careful with talk radio. If you listen to the same radio talk shows repeatedly for long enough, you will become brainwashed by their agenda. They are usually skilled at lulling people into believing what they believe. It's known to be a bit hypnotic, especially if you are listening while doing other things.

And all talk radio have agendas.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
This guy babbles such nonsense.

If he had any idea what he was saying he would be quiet.

We will win what if you become president?. Who specifically will win if you become president?. What does it mean to win in the context you babble your nonsense Mr.T.?.

They have to appreciate what we do?, how the hell can you make anyone appreciate anything.

San Bornodino....I can't listen any more.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: antar
As for the Military, we do need to outfit them in safer uniforms equipment and protective gear. That is going to take $$$, lots of money and well worth every penny. They deserve to be treated well upon their return from service. Housing, a living wage, to say the least.

How many has obama put out of a job?

Does anyone count them in the unemployment numbers?

Sounds like a great bumper sticker:

Give our Troops J-O-B-S!
Send 'em to Combat!

Maybe we need mandatory service, 2 yrs?

Bullet stoppers would pay pretty good.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: introvert
It would depend on your definition of "greater".

Better than it presently is. Hell, why split hairs, if he pulls America out of the toilet, he's made it greater.

Yes, just what we need. Instead of an intelligent public servant willing to be diplomatic and reasonable, we just need to hire the guy willing to stick his hand in the toilet to pick-up that floating turd.

Once he has done that, what will he do with it?

Yeah, he will just flush the toilet.

And where do you find an "intelligent public servant" to be diplomatic and reasonable to whom?

No country is too big to fail and if they don't like the terms, they can walk away or go find another backer and see what their interest rate is.

The countries that don't need the USA will be fine.

Who cares what others think. That's 9th grade crap anyway.

Let them worry about what we think of them, for a change.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Annee

Listen to the second sound clip here:
www.soundboard.com...
"Donald Trump - Bush is a Disaster"

Trump says whatever benefits Trump.

Trump does whatever benefits Trump.

If slamming Bush will benefit him, he will slam Bush.

Do I think he gives a Rat's Patooty for the American people? Hell No! Unless, he can benefit from it.

You asked for facts...you got facts...you ignore them. What kind of game is that? Or do you simply cry for "facts" when you instead have a hidden agenda that allows you to ignore facts in lieu of your biased opinion?

Oh...thats right. Your a liberal. Never mind.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I personally think Trump is the wrong man for the job however I will say he's the only one not using it for personal gain.

I was listening to talk radio today and the personal gain question was brought up.

I got interrupted and don't know what was said

That explains much. Be careful with talk radio. If you listen to the same radio talk shows repeatedly for long enough, you will become brainwashed by their agenda. They are usually skilled at lulling people into believing what they believe. It's known to be a bit hypnotic, especially if you are listening while doing other things.

And all talk radio have agendas.

I know its shocking.

But, I'm capable of being objective.

link   

Nothing to be afraid of. If you're familiar with our internal politics then its past due that we actually get our affairs in order and oust liberal policies that have staled the economy and made us look weak to the world. Between crime, racial tension, welfare reform, illegal immigration, and debt, we have all we can handle internally. The rest of the world can take care of themselves for a bit.

link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

a reply to: Annee

Listen to the second sound clip here:
www.soundboard.com...
"Donald Trump - Bush is a Disaster"

Trump says whatever benefits Trump.

Trump does whatever benefits Trump.

If slamming Bush will benefit him, he will slam Bush.

Do I think he gives a Rat's Patooty for the American people? Hell No! Unless, he can benefit from it.

You asked for facts...you got facts...you ignore them. What kind of game is that? Or do you simply cry for "facts" when you instead have a hidden agenda that allows you to ignore facts in lieu of your biased opinion?

Oh...thats right. Your a liberal. Never mind.

Facts? This is a political campaign.

Liberal? OH! The "Catch All Bucket" for everything you and "your kind" don't agree with.

I'm actually not Liberal "That Which Is Not Earned Has No Value" (except in social/equal rights) or am I a Democrat. I was a 40 year Goldwater Republican - - until they became insane with Neo-Cons, Tea Partiers, and now Trumpets.

I am not anti-Trump. I am anti-Trump as president because I don't think he has the experience needed.

edit on 29-4-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

What's the point of posting almost 40 minutes of what you already view as mental poison (if I'm accurately portraying your feelings)? If you wanted to warn people for something, couldn't you have find a shorter video with some bullet points (or perhaps make one if you feel like taking that effort)? Why would you want to give the man so much attention and ATS airtime? Oh, these are all rhetorical questions that are not meant to point fingers, accuse, blame you for anything, tell you what you can or can't do, or trying to be a wise-ass as if I know so much better and don't occasionally do similar things (in Dutch I wanted to phrase that as "de les lezen"; which sort of means "give lessons to" but in a particular arrogant manner as if you're better than the person you're giving the lesson to, my english is really failing me here for a moment), etc. Just something to think about (especially in relation to my sig. and what kind of information people like to occupy their mind with and spend time on, something also mentioned in more detail in some of the links below regarding the phrase "information overload" on one of the links to the article "The Manipulation of Information").

For something more useful, take as long as you like:
Real science, knowledge about realities compared to philosophies and stories

One myth leads to another: ATS thread

And for example this comment or this comment or this comment. The last 2 comments don't have any videos but at least the last 1 has an audiofile.
edit on 29-4-2016 by whereislogic because: edit

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You don't get countries to do that by expanding our already WAY too large military. You get countries to do that by pulling out troops and forcing local and nearby countries to fill in the troop vacuum.

Al-Qaeda approves this message.

But he did have a good point to be made. I remember when Obama publicly said, regarding Syria, "No boots on the ground." Soon after that, terrorist attacks increased. Why tell people what the US is NOT going to do militarily? OK, it wouldn't be a good idea to be a straight up liar like Putin, but what about saying "we do not discuss potential future actions or choices to preserve military freedom and advantage."

Isn't this Warfighting 101?

edit on 29-4-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
will not hesitate in using an executive order which I believe he will use in a blink of an eye. He knows how to handle Congress....watch.

Trump is use to results NOT EXCUSES.

That's the problem actually. The President is neither a dictator nor a CEO. A business executive is more like dictator in the company, and the company can simply decide to not engage certain lines of business. The Presidency is not like that---there are independent centers of power, and the President can't fire Congress or his constituents.

When people talk about the lack of political experience, as a virtue, this is what they miss. A politician in a democracy must lead by convincing, and with a surprisingly low amount of intrinsic power. Bill, not Hillary, Clinton is a genius at this.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It seems to back up my theory that we've reached our evolutionary zenith and are now rapidly de-evolving , Cameron wants to be Thatcher and Trump wants to be Reagan , walls going up and we're heading for a cold war face off again .... it's like being back in the 80s.
I liked the 80s.

If nothing else it will be interesting should he become President , I still have faith that most Americans will see through him and his rhetoric , he needs to tell the electorate how he's going to pay for his plans and how much it will cost them.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Cold War?

You know when I first joined ATS, back in 2008 there was all this talk about how returning to a multi polar world would be a stabilizing development, there would be a balance between East/West etc.

I kept saying that the world returning to a multipolar world would, if history has taught us anything, is that a multipolar world has the potential to be a much more dangerous place not less.

Cold War 2.0

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
In the 1980s Reagan wanted to surround the Earth with nuke shooting laser satellites but in 2016 a wall is fuc*in impossible.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

edit on 29-4-2016 by CynicalMark because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join