It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Shooting victims near OSU Campus, Shelter in Place ordered for Campus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
NBC

Multiple shooting victims in shooting near Ohio State University campus. One suspect is at large. One victim from what is described as a home invasion has been taken to the hospital.

A 'Buckeye Alert' or 'shelter in place, be observant, act as necessary alert', Has been issued.

This is a developing story.

The suspect is a black male, 6' tall, with dreadlocks and glasses. The suspect is considered to be armed and dangerous.
edit on 27-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

It happened around 1:30pm Wednesday afternoon at an off-campus building on West Northwood Avenue just west of High Street. Police were seen putting up crime scene tape in the parking of the OSU Property Management building.Medics tell NBC4 that one person was taken to OSU Wexner Medical Center in critical condition. The condition of at least one other victim is unknown.

According to the local NBC and ABC news, the 'shelter in place' alert is still current and the suspect is still at large as of 2:05 pm est (WCMH and WSYX),

As of 2:13 pm, the Shelter in Place has been lifted OSU Police twitter

TThey did not say why.

The tweet states 'please continue to be cautious'.

Two victims are at OSU Wexner Medical Center, one in critical condition. There is still no information on the second victim.Local ABC .

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Any follow up?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
Any follow up?

I just posted it this second and the story broke 5 minutes ago.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

No words so not even going to bother.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Two injured in shooting near OSU campus.

COLUMBUS (WCMH) — Two people have been injured in a home invasion shooting near the OSU campus.

It happened around 1:00pm Wednesday afternoon at an off-campus building on West Northwood Avenue just west of High Street.

Police were seen putting up crime scene tape in the parking of the OSU Property Management building.

Medics tell NBC4 that one person was taken to OSU Wexner Medical Center in critical condition.

The condition of at least one other victim is unknown. A spokesperson with Columbus Police says the victims are not students.

Crimes were committed against people near a University. Unbelievable, I know.

a reply to: crazyewok

originally posted by: crazyewok

Its difficult to imagine but its happened, one person has committed crimes against two other people.

Are you going to be ok?

edit on 27-4-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

near the OSU campus.

Near, not on campus.

A spokesperson with Columbus Police says the victims are not students.

So this is not a school shooting, has nothing whatsoever to do with the school or it's students, but the MSM wants to at least hint that somehow the school was involved and students were in danger from a gunman loose on campus.

Seems they are desperate to link schools and guns at any cost. Gotta keep up the fear and the anti gun agenda.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

It was near the campus, about 4 blocks. An armed suspect is not yet in custody. A 'shelter in place' alert was given to the campus. It is not sensational or making anything up that did not happen. The OSU police worked closely with Columbus police and for good reason. Nothing was overblown.

I would have added 'none of the victims were OSU students', but that was released in ther last few minutes. For something that happened 1.5 hours ago, it is not unusual for that detail to tke just an hour and a half to to be released by the hospital or police.

Not quite sure why this is being picked apart. Thanks for showing up later to pick it apart.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

you can see that I updated the story in the OP as it happened. I am not sure why you replied to antar. All of thi information is in my OP. There is still no word on the sus[ect being aprehended.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Two injured in shooting near OSU campus.

COLUMBUS (WCMH) — Two people have been injured in a home invasion shooting near the OSU campus.

It happened around 1:00pm Wednesday afternoon at an off-campus building on West Northwood Avenue just west of High Street.

a reply to: crazyewok

originally posted by: crazyewok

Its difficult to imagine but its happened, one person has committed crimes against two other people.

Are you going to be ok?

It was 1:30 pm, when it happened. Not 1pm. The news had it at 1:45 and I had it at 1:50. Note the time stamp of the post.

I do note 'home invasion' . I do give the street and near what street. Thankyou for repeating parts of my OP later.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

One, you're not supposed to notice stuff like that, but then you mention it?

Really, what are we going to do with you?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I haven't lived in Columbus for about 6 years so things may have changed but I remember only having to walk a block or two from campus to be in some pretty shady neighborhoods. This isn't really a rare occurrence for OSU. Hope the victims are ok and they catch the scumbag.

PS: GO BUCKS!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Not quite sure why this is being picked apart.

In the words of Tevya . . .

!!!!!!!IT'S TRADITION!!!!!!!

Besides . . . a significant percentage of folks seem to derive their sense of worth and impact on the world as measured by the degree to which (amount and intensity) they can haughtily nit-pick virtually any assertion, any fact, any position, any value, any relationship--nit-pick such into the tiniest bits; then argue further over the bits; blow them to the 4 winds and then complain because they were blown to the 4 winds. . . .

Sadly, when it comes to this sort of story . . . it's hard to ferret out the authentic and worthwhile critical thinking from petty nit-picking. I think it's as much an attitude thing as it is a behavior thing.

I think you've done a bang-up job on this thread. It may be better to ignore folks demanding something different. In a population this large, there will ALWAYS be the vocal disappointed, the prissy, the petty and those demanding that the OP do it or say it differently--of course--according to the petty one's constructions on reality.

Like the man with the donkey and stuff to carry--there's no pleasing everyone.

I have a lot of confidence that you'll post the better info that you discover. And that's quite sufficient, for me. THANKS MUCH.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Thank you, looks like these shootings are losing peoples interests these days unless they have multipal deaths, the more the merrier I guess. Oh man, where is all this headed?

top topics

join