It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of transgender student urges SC school district to update bathroom policy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: breakingbs

Transgenderism didn't just pop up within the last 16 or so years... It has existed for millennia.

Yeah. People got off on all kinds of stuff. You don't say.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
These parents need to get a hold on their kids and instill some discipline.

A 16 year old has no idea what the hell their doing and shouldn't be in control of the school

End the PC sensitive bull# culture and tell this kid he has to follow the same rules as everyone else regardless.

Why wasn't this an issue 20 years ago?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

Transgenderism didn't just pop up within the last 16 or so years... It has existed for millennia.

Calling it a sexual perversion is just outdated and ignorant talk. Being transgendered has little to nothing to do about sexual fetishes, and that includes the transgenders who lived before the 90's.

Christine Jorgensen

Christine Jorgensen (May 30, 1926 – May 3, 1989) was an American trans woman who was the first person to become widely known in the United States for having sex reassignment surgery. Jorgensen grew up in the Bronx, New York City. Shortly after graduating from high school in 1945, she was drafted into the U.S. Army for World War II. After her service she attended several schools, worked, and around this time heard about transitioning surgery. She traveled to Europe and in Copenhagen, Denmark, obtained special permission to undergo a series of operations starting in 1951.[1]

She returned to the United States in the early 1950s and her transformation was the subject of a New York Daily News front page story. She became an instant celebrity, using the platform to advocate for transgender people and became known for her directness and polished wit. She also worked as an actress and nightclub entertainer and recorded several songs.[2]

edit on 27-4-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Annee

This is being blown up because of Trans Students, yeah Kids. This bill was meant to target Schools and Trans Kids.

Trans kids in school (and their parents) have been going public and demanding their rights.

That's where all the fear mongering started.

Yes, like all the fear mongering when we were debating same sex marriage. "People are going to start marrying their toasters!" "It's going to ruin the sanctity of marriage!" "We're all gonna die!" Didn't happen.

Transgender kids whose parents are allowing them to live as their identified gender, look and sound like their identified gender. The other kids don't usually have any problem with it (unless they have been manipulated by transphobic parents).

Great. The 5 or so parents who castrate their kids now do it publicly. Now straight people on the left can all argue about it as if people just wink wink "don't know" about these little things wink wink, while the subject just fails to impress and the left fails to come off it. In other news, two children were found in a basement after their parents kept them there for six years and a man was caught practicing sacrifice of a poached deer in his backyard shed with crude cutting utensils. Next page...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

Calling it a sexual perversion is just outdated and ignorant talk. Being transgendered has little to nothing to do about sexual fetishes, and that includes the transgenders who lived before the 90's.

Christine Jorgensen

Christine Jorgensen (May 30, 1926 – May 3, 1989) was an American trans woman who was the first person to become widely known in the United States for having sex reassignment surgery. Jorgensen grew up in the Bronx, New York City. Shortly after graduating from high school in 1945, she was drafted into the U.S. Army for World War II. After her service she attended several schools, worked, and around this time heard about transitioning surgery. She traveled to Europe and in Copenhagen, Denmark, obtained special permission to undergo a series of operations starting in 1951.[1]

She returned to the United States in the early 1950s and her transformation was the subject of a New York Daily News front page story. She became an instant celebrity, using the platform to advocate for transgender people and became known for her directness and polished wit. She also worked as an actress and nightclub entertainer and recorded several songs.[2]

See y'all act like people "don't know". The point is though, that the academics are a bit too precious for my blood. That's where I exit most conversations about the subject. Might sound shallow, but the attn span starts flagging. Terminologies changing probably won't change it, nor will someone calling me some sort of retrograde.
edit on 27-4-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

People getting sexual thrills out of wearing women's underwear or clothing is NOT the same thing as people actually thinking they should be a different sex. It has nothing to do with what you deem "terminologies changing". They describe two different things. So by using one to describe the other, you are being ignorant and demeaning.

I'm sorry that you are proud of your ignorance, but I'm going to call it out when I see it. So be ready for it.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Don't really understand your posts, but I will say that young kids have attempted to castrate themselves when their parents ignore their cries to live life as the gender they identify with.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Yeah, that's it. Punish the transgenderism away. I'm sure it always works.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I can't believe in 2016 some people care where one deposits their waste.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Install a portapotty

With a sign on it reading

"Gender... X +/- .....?"

Problem solved...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yeah, they just end up committing suicide. Problem fixed right? No more trans person.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

People getting sexual thrills out of wearing women's underwear or clothing is NOT the same thing as people actually thinking they should be a different sex. It has nothing to do with what you deem "terminologies changing". They describe two different things. So by using one to describe the other, you are being ignorant and demeaning.

I'm sorry that you are proud of your ignorance, but I'm going to call it out when I see it. So be ready for it.

Ok then. I appreciate if anything, your frankness. I wish there was some other way around the subject other than calling me ignanted (lol) because that really implies something about me needs to be changed. Blatantly, that's kind of scary because I don't see where ignorance or pride comes into play and I don't really think it's going to change. After that it just feels like someone's criminalizing me for thinking.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Don't really understand your posts, but I will say that young kids have attempted to castrate themselves when their parents ignore their cries to live life as the gender they identify with.

Okay I'm going to have to tell people of your political persuasion to stop telling me they "don't understand my posts." I'm getting sick of it, and it's always someone of your political persuasion using the same robotic phrase. Can we stop, because its not that i dont catch on that ppl coordinate.

I don't believe that people are castrating themselves. It's not an issue of changing my opinion because it won't. Any more just feels like goading because the person knows already that my opinion won't change.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yeah, they just end up committing suicide. Problem fixed right? No more trans person.

You mean, "no more person." There aren't different category species.

link   
some people here talking about how some members are ignoring the science that these people are "transgender" all while they are ignoring the science that these people were born with either male or female chromosomes.

sure there are girly men, who are still men, and tom boys of girls, but most still realize that they were born as male or female, regardless of what they like the idea of.....

this makes no more sense than me deciding that I like African American culture....and I do listen to a lot of rap music....and like Tyler Perry....you know what, im black now.....

link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: Annee

They are NOT someone's private personal sanctuary. 

EVERYONE needs to PEE. 

I agree with you.

But this thread is about a person who is uncomfortable using a bathroom that does not correspond with the sex they were born as.

I don't care either way but obviously a lot of people do.

So whose right to comfort is more valid in this case?

Its in their minds. They're creating fear in their minds.

Transgenders have been Peeing next to them all along and nothing happened. They didn't even know it.

Its only after Trans Students came out publicly demanding to be treated with respect - - - that it became an issue.

Everyone has to Pee. Those who fear trans-gender can go home to the privacy of their own restroom.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I can't believe in 2016 some people care where one deposits their waste.

Yeah tell it to the left.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Ignorant

adjective
1.lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned:
an ignorant man.
2.lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact:
ignorant of quantum physics.
3.uninformed; unaware.
4.due to or showing lack of knowledge or training:

There is nothing wrong with being ignorant (for one, it doesn't mean to be rude like people like to use it). You just have to recognize the ignorance and fix it with some education. But reveling in the fact that you can't be bothered to update your thinking about concepts that people are discussing is just going to result in you being insulted like so. Though like I said, nothing wrong with ignorance, if you want to be proud that you are ignorant on a topic, then don't get mad when people call you ignorant. It's the truth.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: Annee

They are NOT someone's private personal sanctuary. 

EVERYONE needs to PEE. 

I agree with you.

But this thread is about a person who is uncomfortable using a bathroom that does not correspond with the sex they were born as.

I don't care either way but obviously a lot of people do.

So whose right to comfort is more valid in this case?

Its in their minds. They're creating fear in their minds.

Transgenders have been Peeing next to them all along and nothing happened. They didn't even know it.

Its only after Trans Students came out publicly demanding to be treated with respect - - - that it became an issue.

Everyone has to Pee. Those who fear trans-gender can go home to the privacy of their own restroom.

Yeah. You kinda rephrased what I just said. No one cared until the attention seekers started hopping on board and then projecting issues onto their kids and then goading the public. People didnt create fears in their mind. I still dont see what dog any of these straight "supporters" have in the fight.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I personally could give a rats ass which restroom this kid used. But in the interest of the rest of the entire school, why couldn't this kid have just used the nurse's bathroom to avoid any and all issues?

I get that a teacher got a bug up their behind and made the ruckus, but rather than just kill all discussion, they had to push the issue. It is right that a person might have to "take one for the team and do something they might not enjoy"? Well, it's not fair, but then life isn't fair. If this kid did just use the nurse's bathroom, he would still be in school and would be able to graduate just like everyone else. He made a stand, and now will be punished for it, right or wrong. I don't make the rules, but I do know how to survive with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join