It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guaranteed Trump win: NM Govenor Susana Marinez as VP pick

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If he picks her as his VP it will negate Hillary's women/Latino minority vote lead. This would virtually assure a Trump victory over Hillary in the general.

Trump will need someone who has broad appeal, respect within the party establishment, and can counter some of the public's perception that he is racist and misogynistic.

This is why Susana Martinez is one of the most logical choices for a Trump presidential ticket. A businessman from the Northeast and a popular Latina governor from the Southwest is exactly the type of sociopolitical diversity a presidential ticket needs. Susana Martinez speaks Spanish, is not only the first female governor of New Mexico (elected in 2010), but she is the first Hispanic female to be elected governor anywhere in the United States. In 2013, TIME magazine listed her as one of the 100 most influential people in the world and she was chosen by fellow Republican governors to chair the Republican Governors Association.

ivn.us...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

This seems like a solid pick, but you saw what the feminists and left-wing folks did to the last female Republican VP pick. They will pick her apart until she seems just as bad as all the rest of the candidates. I still think the fix is in for Hilary regardless of what 'we the people' want.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Who is Susana Marinez?

do you mean Martinez? I live here in NM and Gov. Martinez has some serious corruption baggage plus being a drunk.

The democrats would love to see Trump pick her.

latino.foxnews.com...
edit on 27-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

If he picks her as his VP it will negate Hillary's women/Latino minority vote lead. This would virtually assure a Trump victory over Hillary in the general.

You hope they will vote for Trump because he will have a female Latino VP?

Wait a sec...the Right Wing constantly complains that Hillary is using her sex as a way to get female votes, but now the Right Wing hopes to use the sex AND race of their VP pick to get votes?

Constant hypocrisy.

edit on 27-4-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This seems like a solid pick, but you saw what the feminists and left-wing folks did to the last female Republican VP pick. They will pick her apart until she seems just as bad as all the rest of the candidates. I still think the fix is in for Hilary regardless of what 'we the people' want.

Ya, but this candidate is a way different pick than Sarah Palin. She's respected among her colleagues and is a serious politician, unlike the pit bull with lipstick who quit mid-term to pursue a reality tv gig with her hill-billy family.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I live here in NM and Gov. Martinez has some serious corruption baggage plus being a drunk.

latino.foxnews.com...

I forgot, Hillary has no corruption baggage.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Wait a sec...the Right Wing constantly complains that Hillary is using her sex as a way to get female votes, but now the Right Wing hopes to use the sex AND race of their VP pick to get votes?

Constant hypocrisy.

So it's ok for Hillary to play the gender card constantly, but when someone does something to counter it, it's considered hypocrisy. Of course it won't be hypocritical when Hillary picks Julian Castro as her VP to sure up the Latino vote.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I always think "if" something were to happen to POTUS, then the VP would be Pres. So is she qualified to be Commander?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: olaru12

I live here in NM and Gov. Martinez has some serious corruption baggage plus being a drunk.

latino.foxnews.com...

I forgot, Hillary has no corruption baggage.

Yeah, and I expect the Republicans to use that against her as well. It's American politics as usual.

Character assassination brought to a fine art.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
I always think "if" something were to happen to POTUS, then the VP would be Pres. So is she qualified to be Commander?

Well, Obama wasn't / isn't qualified so apparently that isn't important anymore.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Ya, but this candidate is a way different pick than Sarah Palin. She's respected among her colleagues and is a serious politician, unlike the pit bull with lipstick who quit mid-term to pursue a reality tv gig with her hill-billy family.

I wanted to point out that the left wing is already attacking her right here as I predicted. There is no 'respected' pick if you are going to run in American politics. Not to mention the fact that she is a woman AND a Republican is an abomination to the left wing types.

I am not saying she is a good candidate, but the woman could be Mother Theresa and the left would attack her.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

Well, Obama wasn't / isn't qualified so apparently that isn't important anymore.

Right..It's not important because the president is just a figure head for the corporate fascist neocon puppet masters that pull their strings.

Politics is just entertainment for the real elite, behind the scenes power structure.

It's still fun to play the game though.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I think she would be a great pick, just a quick comment about your other posts, Sarah Palin was also a very well liked and respected governor, in fact she was the most popular governor at the time of her selection. The media can do amazing things, just saying.
edit on 4/27/2016 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Constant hypocrisy.

So it's ok for Hillary to play the gender card constantly, but when someone does something to counter it, it's considered hypocrisy.

I didn't say it was ok. I don't think it's right to use sex or race to draw people in. They should be attracted by their policy ideas.

But it is still hypocritical of the Right to give Hillary crap, but then turn around and hope Trump does the same thing.

Of course it won't be hypocritical when Hillary picks Julian Castro as her VP to sure up the Latino vote.

It would only be hypocritical if Hillary has been blaming others of doing the same. Has she done that?

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Her approval ratings are good, and just as importantly, her disapproval ratings are fairly low, as well, 54% and 39% respectively.

I don't see her getting the nod, though. Personally, I think Trump tries to talk Ben Carson into joining him on the ticket. But Martinez could easily be a choice, though I don't think she's the number one choice...

Either ticket would be fairly strong, IMHO. I don't like Trump, but I despise Clinton--I'm voting for neither of them, but either of those two could go a long ways towards convincing on the fence voters to go his way come November.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Her approval ratings are good, and just as importantly, her disapproval ratings are fairly low, as well, 54% and 39% respectively.

I don't see her getting the nod, though. Personally, I think Trump tries to talk Ben Carson into joining him on the ticket. But Martinez could easily be a choice, though I don't think she's the number one choice...

Either ticket would be fairly strong, IMHO. I don't like Trump, but I despise Clinton--I'm voting for neither of them, but either of those two could go a long ways towards convincing on the fence voters to go his way come November.

Dr. Ben Carson was my number 1 pick for President, however Trump has made it pretty clear he is going to seek a "Washington Insider" as VP in order to try and bring the party together.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It's funny.

When anyone has asked me, "Who do you think Trump would pick for VP?"

I always answer, "Well, the smart money would be on a Latina female"

No doubt, Hillary will be picking a Latino male VP (my money is on Julian Castro).

Carson would be a disaster. For a brain surgeon, he says things that sound even dumber than some of Trump's missteps.
edit on 27-4-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

As an Alaskan Sarah Palin was a trainwreck with many similarities to Hilley, both hid their emails and both had legal problems.

Hard to believe, but I think hilley is as bad or worse that Palin, neither should be allowed out in public, let alone run for office!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
It's funny.

When anyone has asked me, "Who do you think Trump would pick for VP?"

I always answer, "Well, the smart money would be on a Latina female"

No doubt, Hillary will be picking a Latino male VP (my money is on Julian Castro).

Carson would be a disaster. For a brain surgeon, he says things that sound even dumber than some of Trump's missteps.

I don't think so...

Clinton already has the minority vote in the bag. I'm betting on an all female ticket from the democrats. That would be interesting!!!

The ladies could point out how a male dominated government has gotten us in the shape we currently find ourselves in....

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Star & Flag

I think Trump may be a better choice than Hilley, a good VP makes him more inviting!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join